Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could there could there be two neighbors? I also heard mention of the photo and video the other day, but nothing in yesterday’s newscast. The neighbor last night said she was awakened by the noise, it when on for about a half hour, and when she opened her door it stopped. She said she did not go outside to investigate.
The information about the photo and video was that a neighbor would take photos and videos of the work being done and periodically send them to the out of state property owner so he could see the progress on the job site. Reportedly, this neighbor also heard the sound of loud equipment late night on MD weekend and thought it unusual enough to take video and photos of that. But we have not heard anymore on that from LS. Maybe she’s saving that for a future broadcast? Or maybe LE asked her not to mention again that there might be photos/video? They may not want a POI to know they have this.
Videos and photos taken by a neighbor my be the answer to why a specific area was cut out of slab by L.E. -could be the same area probably being compacted by whoever at midnight. IMO

Yes, this! ^^^
I don’t understand why some people get so upset when others make calculated guesses on who they believe may be a suspect in any given case.
This is a discussion group.
We have TOS that stop us from running off crazily while following rumors and wild gossip.
We discuss facts as they come to us from legitimate sources and attempt to use those facts to solve a mystery.
We are not hanging anyone based on our theories.

Think of this like “Wheel of Fortune”. We get a letter. We plug it in. It may not be enough to guess the whole kit and caboodle, but each letter gets us a little closer. Finally, that one final letter makes it obvious to us. We know the answer!
So we WSers are all playing Wheel of Fortune in these cases, but instead of guessing the phrase, we are trying to guess who dunnit. Sometimes we take a chance; we make a guess with too few letters. We’re wrong. We have to take another spin. Sometimes we don’t need every single letter to know the answer, but once those blanks are all plugged in, you can read the answer right in front of you.
Great post, you nailed it! Love the Wheel of Fortune analogy too, thank you OldCop!!

IMO

Yes, this! ^^^
I don’t understand why some people get so upset when others make calculated guesses on who they believe may be a suspect in any given case.
This is a discussion group.
We have TOS that stop us from running off crazily while following rumors and wild gossip.
We discuss facts as they come to us from legitimate sources and attempt to use those facts to solve a mystery.
We are not hanging anyone based on our theories.

Think of this like “Wheel of Fortune”. We get a letter. We plug it in. It may not be enough to guess the whole kit and caboodle, but each letter gets us a little closer. Finally, that one final letter makes it obvious to us. We know the answer!
So we WSers are all playing Wheel of Fortune in these cases, but instead of guessing the phrase, we are trying to guess who dunnit. Sometimes we take a chance; we make a guess with too few letters. We’re wrong. We have to take another spin. Sometimes we don’t need every single letter to know the answer, but once those blanks are all plugged in, you can read the answer right in front of you.

I agree.

If I may jump off your post, I'd like to add that I don't understand posters getting upset/claiming that they're getting jumped or ganged up on when someone questions what they've posted. Most of the time, it seems that an attempt is being made to understand someone's post, so a question is posed to try to understand/clarify something. Most posters seem to understand that everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and that they might differ. Questioning differing opinions is not an attempt to berate someone for having a different one, in most cases. All IMO.

Yes, I recall pics and video being mentioned prior to the actual segment being aired last night. Yet, that was omitted from last night’s segment. Maybe playing some mind games with BM? After all, he has NO idea what LE have on him thus far!

Would love to see an arrest today, but I have a feeling it’s going to take just a wee bit longer. I hope it’s not too long. I bet some virtual donuts and coffee it would be under 5 months :)

i think this is exactly what's happening. they are not only teasing us! ;) this case is ramping up all of a sudden, and i don't think it's happenstance. has anyone ever noticed LE makes big moves on friday's? (maybe it just seems like that. what ya say, @OldCop ? is that a thing? busting open cases on friday's?)

I agree it is fishy to be working and making loud noises at that hour. Because isnt there a community or city rule that formal work from companies cannot be making loud noises past a certain hour?

I think my community has a rule of some sort about workers making noise after a certain time in the evening. Im not sure if their city ordinance or community has that or not but even if there is no rules or regulations about it, then surely BM would know that it is frowned upon to be making loud noises late at night no matter where his company is working.

If the location is outside the city limits, I don't think city ordinances would apply.

If there are noise restrictions/ordinances for that location, if no one complains, they probably wouldn't be enforced. If there are restrictions, the equip. operator might not care if they were violating the ordinances.

Anyone watch “Profiling Evil” live stream last night? They spoke about this case at about the 22minute mark. (Not sure if it’s against the rules to post video here)

*edited to add: Profiling Evil is two seasoned homicide investigators (retired) with decades of experience, discussing real cases today.

Ok..thanks for clarifying. If it was at an odd hour, it seems like he would of had to have some sort of light to see. jmo
Did she get up to see what was going on?

I just looked this up and May 7,2020 was a full moon, so May 8-10 would have had quite a bit of moonlight to do certain types of work at night.

May 6, 2020 Lunar calendar, Moon Phase

Does anyone know if heavy construction type machinery has an internal electronic log of when it was started and used?

I know some manufacturing equipment does this for safety purposes and many cars have an onboard computer that can record that.
Rental equipment will often have an internal log system.

Alternative version.

If BM killed SM, he probably had enough guts NOT to hide the body either at the job site, or in the house. (Even PF got rid of KB’s body well).

BM also understands that LE would look precisely the way we all thought, and search his house, and his job site, first. It is logic, and if he did something in the meantime, it was beyond logic.

So I wonder if it was a diversion, of sorts. To create this noise, that the neighbor would hear. So that LÊ would first search at the job site, and the house.

The body could be at the other side from the house than the job side.

BM could provide exactly this explanation, that he was in a hurry as he was working two jobs.

If LE did not find anything in either the house or the job site, it means BM wanted them to spend the time looking at these places. And SM was killed and hidden somewhere else.

Where? Maybe where the bicycle was found, or wherever people saw SM last, even alone.

The interview with TD should be looked at, again, precisely because BM did not look right, physically. It is possible that he was re-hiding the body. Maybe the timing of TD running into him was a coincidence. So I would look at all areas around that place.

And also, if the mountain lion appears in BM’s narrative for the first time during conversation with TD, I would look at the nearest hills, maybe “someone” did drag the body up one of them.

I wonder if TD ran into BM accidentally that day, after BM was re-hiding the body. And BM was frazzled, so to say. If that is the case, subconsciously, BM would be walking TD away from her site. I have to look at that video again. If they walked, it was away from where she was. If he pointed at some hill, she might be in the opposite direction.

I would also re-interview everyone who could work with the equipment at the job site other than Barry.

And look at all “other” potential “personal connections” from his job site that could be helping him. Younger than him, sex irrelevant at this point.

ETA: if LE found something somewhere, any traces, it is one story. But if none, I would think Barry hides objects “the female” way.

What is the female way? It is not a secret table drawer. It is something unused.

I bought old clock and they stopped working immediately. They were standing at my shelf looking as they were - old and not working. I hid something in the back of it. If anything ever disappeared (and things did), it was never from that clock.

It has to be old and unused. Something he abandoned - old house, maybe even Indiana - something that in people’s mind, is not connected to his active sites.

ETA 2. Or maybe, an inactive job site somewhere 2 hours drive from his Salida? There probably is some GPS tracking from those days. It is not Denver, as we all immediately think of Denver, too. It is something he used and knows well, but is unused now.

Last edited:
The Deafening Silence!!

The silence tells me they know she is dead.
And for them to know she is dead, the LE would have to have told them, she is dead.

I believe they found Suzanne’s DNA at the dig site. If you remember, there was talk soon after they finished up about LE requesting DNA from Suzanne’s daughter.
Around that time the family locked down and became silent.

<modsnip: TD's wife is not a source in this discussion>

Another reason I feel they know she is dead, LE has put out exactly ZERO BOLS (Be on the look out) for any type of vehicle or person.
Certainly, if LE thought Suzanne was “abducted” and with all the cameras in the world now, they would have released SOMETHING in the past 2+ months.

Which leads me to the fact they never even released a physical description of Suzanne. Again, leading me to believe LE has way more information and a prime suspect very early on in this case.
Now LE is building their air tight case in which to arrest the responsible party & go to trial.

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time.

If we are going to ignore statements from the Sheriffs Department, we can make the narrative say whatever we want.

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

Aw come on. You mean spinning or ignoring the little information we do have to achieve a specific narrative isn't ok? :)

BTW, I'm completely with you.

I believe they found Suzanne’s DNA at the dig site. If you remember, there was talk soon after they finished up about LE requesting DNA from Suzanne’s daughter.
Around that time the family locked down and became silent.
<modsnip: TD's wife is not a source in this discussion>
^^sbm
This is all news to me. Please share the link that I can be in the know! TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member