Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Clearly LE hasn't "destroyed their lives" by publicly bad mouthing BM. I guess by not buying the bike ride story hook, line and sinker? MOO

I'm hoping Spezee is a heavyweight fighter, letting his opponent get in some harmless body blows while he waits for the perfect time to land a killer right uppercut for a single-punch knockout. I do think the CCSO's silence is emboldening BM and that's probably a good thing....

BBM:

One would have thought that the disappearance and loss of his wife would have made him feel as if his life was completely destroyed.

Guess not.

Apparently, the whole "lives being destroyed" thing didn't happen until the Sheriff came and started poking his nose around.

Good to know.

JMO.

Last edited:
Could the eventual investigation be affected by the leaks into public domain? Could a trial be dismissed because there was too much info released in public domain?
i think thats doubtful, evidence is evidence. its concrete and verifiable, it doesnt disappear or lose value when the public knows about in... in general (obviously there are some things only the offender knows)

That was my big takeaway from LS’s report...the revelation of the dirt bike. He could have carried her body so far off the beaten path on that thing that she will never be found. I wonder if he has owned it before her disappearance or if it was acquired after.

mine, too, @LandManatee. i think that was important piece of new info. now, i don't know about carrying a dead body on a dirt bike, maybe, but a live one..."hey honey, wanna go for a ride?" maybe there's a different kind of bike helmet that's missing from the home. i'll have to ask my brother his opinion on that. he's a dirt- biker.

Agreed. Clearly LE hasn't "destroyed their lives" by publicly bad mouthing BM. I guess by not buying the bike ride story hook, line and sinker? MOO

I'm hoping Spezee is a heavyweight fighter, letting his opponent get in some harmless body blows while he waits for the perfect time to land a killer right uppercut for a single-punch knockout. I do think the CCSO's silence is emboldening BM and that's probably a good thing....

To BM:

"Lighten up Frances"
-Stripes

As someone who has followed numerous cases here on Websleuths, I don't find this silence from LE at all unusual.

The sound of crickets is nothing new to these ears.

This has been especially true in cases where LE knows what's happened, and that the missing person is deceased.

They aren't going to share specific areas they've searched, because they don't want the perp to know the specific areas they've searched.

LE has in fact issued press releases where they've identified which agencies/organizations were/are assisting them in their searches and/or investigation into SM's disappearance, as well as what types of searches (air, water, etc.) were carried out.

They're building a case behind the scenes.

As Barry angrily noted in his recent interview with LS: "I'm in the dark here."

Indeed, Barry. You are.

Advantage: LE.

JMO.
I'll make a wager that he's not in the dark about that "article" LE found. moo

BBM:

One would have thought that the disappearance and loss of his wife would have made him feel as if his life was completely destroyed.

Guess not.

Apparently, the whole "lives being destroyed" thing didn't happen until the Sheriff came and started poking his nose around.

JMO.
bbm
I was going to comment in a somewhat similar vein, but you did it for me.
Thanks. :)

LS & Fox21 News. Tonight's Text & Vid.
Not much new for a 7 minute piece, mostly retreads of sliced and diced videos.
I read story online, then read here, then watched.
I think vid seemed more critical of LE, at least in part, because of footage of LS dialing sheriff's ofc, standing at window in sheriff's ofc, marking pages on the calendar, etc.

Hoping for a good old style Nancy Grace BOMBSHELL in LS's report tomorrow. Well, I said hoping,:D not expecting.

Search for Suzanne Morphew pushes on despite silence from Chaffee County Sheriff | FOX21 News Colorado

IMO, Lauren Scharf and her colleagues are simply pointing out the gaping holes in the investigation for SM--namely, that Sheriff Spezze has not clarified or elaborated on anything surrounding the findings in the case or the numerous attempts of the Morphew and Moorman's to solicit help in finding SM. It also appears that beside blocking all inquiries from news media, the Sheriff's department have had a lack of investigative follow through--they didn't bother to pick up surveillance tape of at least one Salida business owner. IMO, the article is an unbiased probe into where things stand now...the electric prod needed to get things moving.

Last edited:
Finding out from Andy that they found no struggle at the house and tonight's segment that no search since June is disappointing. Those two revelations are like a punch to the stomach.

Frustrating couple of days. I just feel like it isn't a given this case is solved. They don't have a body no sign of a struggle at the house to me that means no blood so proving a case without a body is out the window. Searchers say they haven't looked for Suzanne since June. County sheriff says they're over budget so it's not going to pick up soon. The Sheriff is about as AWAL as the detective for the Hailey Dunn case.

The only reason we think LE has something is because they search the house twice. I just watched a segment on the Melanie McGuire case, they said they searched her house 5 times and found nothing. This is a woman they say shot and chopped up her husband into pieces. Just cleaned the place up real well with bleach. Luckily they found her husband's body, this case doesn't have that luxury.

LS & Fox21 Tonight
IMO, Lauren Scharf and her colleagues are simply pointing out the gaping holes in the investigation for SM--namely, that Sheriff Spezze has not clarified or elaborated on anything surrounding the findings in the case or the numerous attempts of the Morphew and Moorman's to solicit help in finding SM. It also appears that beside blocking all inquiries from news media, the Sheriff's department have had a lack of investigative follow through--they didn't bother to pick up surveillance tape of at least one Salida business owner. IMO, the article is an unbiased probe into where thing stand now...the electric prod needed to get things moving.
@trujac
bbm 1. I understand a reporter saying gaping holes in the investigation, but I see it as LE not publicly announcing investigation detail or strategy, which I do not see as a negative, jmo.
bbm 2. Agreeing that if LE failed to pick up surv cam footage, it does not reflect positively on LE. In fact looks bad, something a def atty could hammer on. OTOH, maybe LE already has vid of a/the perp, from ten angles, w pans, zooms, closeups, and drones so did not see the need for any more vid. Okay, verrrry doubtful, never too much evd in LE hands.
"Nevermind." *

Finding out from Andy that they found no struggle at the house and tonight's segment that no search since June is disappointing. Those two revelations are like a punch to the stomach.

Frustrating couple of days. I just feel like it isn't a given this case is solved. They don't have a body no sign of a struggle at the house to me that means no blood so proving a case without a body is out the window. Searchers say they haven't looked for Suzanne since June. County sheriff says they're over budget so it's not going to pick up soon. The Sheriff is about as AWAL as the detective for the Hailey Dunn case.

The only reason we think LE has something is because they search the house twice. I just watched a segment on the Melanie McGuire case, they said they searched her house 5 times and found nothing. This is a woman they say shot and chopped up her husband into pieces. Just cleaned the place up real well with bleach. Luckily they found her husband's body, this case doesn't have that luxury.

Andy likely got that information early on. We have no idea what those evidence technicians actually found inside the home, or why they felt compelled to return.

No new searches using that particular team from the sheriff’s department. Why would they keep searching an area that she is unlikely to be?

Outside of Chafee County, would be outside the jurisdiction of the sheriff’s department. The CBI and FBI would likely use their own resources for that.

So I don’t understand why the lack of searches in Salida is an issue, or why it’s at all disheartening.

There is a task force operating here that includes the best in the business (CBI and FBI). So I’m not at all worried about the sheriff’s department’s budget. It’s not like they are going it alone. Hell, it looks like the CBI and FBI are doing all the heavy lifting.

It’s been four months, which is like a minute when you’re talking about a case this complex, and without a body. Double it, and I’ll be annoyed, but not worried.

Andy likely got that information early on. We have no idea what those evidence technicians actually found inside the home, or why they felt compelled to return.

No new searches using that particular team from the sheriff’s department. Why would they keep searching an area that she is unlikely to be?

Outside of Chafee County, would be outside the jurisdiction of the sheriff’s department. The CBI and FBI would likely use their own resources for that.

So I don’t understand why the lack of searches in Salida is an issue, or why it’s at all disheartening.

There is a task force operating here that includes the best in the business (CBI and FBI). So I’m not at all worried about the sheriff’s department’s budget. It’s not like they are going it alone. Hell, it looks like the CBI and FBI are doing all the heavy lifting.

It’s been four months, which is like a minute when you’re talking about a case this complex, and without a body. Double it, and I’ll be annoyed, but not worried.
Do we know for sure that AM meant the house when he said LE told him no signs of a struggle ? He said the same thing about the scene where the bike was supposedly found. He said one of the reasons he didn’t think it was an abduction was no sign of a struggle. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa