Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing BM pacing the property line IN HIS PRESENT STATE OF MIND. Let that sink in.
I'm not an alarmist by nature.
In fact, the complete opposite.
But this situation alarms me.
He is a powder keg, IMO.

If BM explodes, as can't take the stress, and does a Fotis, we may never know where SM has been placed.

Marc Sallinger@MarcSallinger

Suzanne Morphew’s older brother Andrew is leading the search efforts today. That’s him in the blue. He says he feels the need to search for his missing sister and organized more than a hundred others to come help. Some drove more than 20hrs from her hometown in Indiana #9News

10:46 AM · Sep 24, 2020
My thought suddenly: Did perhaps BM threaten a lot of people (Indiana/Colorado), who were willing to search with AM, because there are much less people in the AM-search team than previously assumed? He had enough time to do that. MOO

As much as I hate to say it, in this situation the home should be guarded to keep that one ( there is always one) individual from doing something silly, like digging up the flower beds. He should of hired a security guard and stayed under his rock.
The whole world knows what happens if you work for Barry Morphew, so I doubt he could hire anyone local :)

Yeah, pretty weird.

I wonder if there are illegal grow sites tucked away here and there? I mean what else would make people nervous?
Theres a decent sized grower between Vista and Salida on your way to St Elmo that I would think might that in check, it's not illegal to grow for personal use in Colorado...

However, a pattern of impulsive, threatening behavior does. Maybe you’ve missed some of the context here.

At any rate, my work is in behavioral science and my sense of this is that BM seems increasingly unpredictable.

Have you listened to all the vocalizations from him that we have availability? Combine that with his actions and you tell me - as a lay person (I’m a psychiatric anthropologist, specializing in epidemiology and field diagnostics/methods)...do you think BM comes across as an innocent man, with good relationships with others?

His wife is missing. His comrade MG says he was acting weird that weekend. Now his wife’s brother - his (former?) family member organizes a search which, instead of joining in, he disrupts with trail cams and comes bearing a shotgun.

He puts an elk head (with flesh) next to his house sometime around the same weekend - is this the behavior of a cautious man?

At least they found what appears to be a place where lions drag their kills today and the forensic people can take a look (Suzanne isn’t there is my bet).

And tomorrow, the drones fly.

I have more than 30 years experience interviewing and studying both the convicted and the non-convicted and I say that this situation is making BM feel upset and anxious. His response is to show up at the edge of his property with a shotgun.

Neither you nor I is a judge - but the one judge we have here on this thread said that they think a judge would find this very interesting. Provocative, even

Every judge I know would be keenly interested (but I’m in California where, of course, we do tend to err on the side of judicial caution - or at least we used to until very recently).

The fact is, neither you nor I knows what a local judge will find to be probable cause for the fourth known search warrant in this case - if it comes.

Time seems ripe for another one, if you ask me. Especially as BM has another place to live - he doesn’t have to be there and no one trespassed.

Why the trail cams?? What’s he afraid of?

More important, why isn’t he out there doing exactly what the searchers are doing? I’ve said all along that finding the mountain lion’s feeding grounds/den area is crucial here - to ruling in/out what happened.

It’s obviously possible and took only one day, with dedicated, organized people. What happened to the money raised for BM & family for searching? Why did AM have to raise other funds to do this search?

While misappropriation of donated money may not be a crime (although it can be, can’t it?), it’s just another red flag in this case.

Judges do act on red flags. All.the.time.

People carrying guns on their property is pretty common place in rural America. This is especially true in mountainous areas like Colorado. It certainly would not be seen as illegal, even if the person cursed at someone and told them to stay away from their property. Private property rights are big in the rural U.S....IMO

Hiring a guard would be a much better look than BM walking around with a gun on his shoulder.

That said, if he wanted SM found, he’d be offering up the property to be searched. I get that if she were found on the property, it would point to him. But..IF he had nothing to hide, he’d be all in. Flower beds and all. If he wasn’t home when it happened, theoretically he wouldn’t know if someone else had killed her and could have left her on the seven acres.

And he should WANT to find her and bring closure to the family. Just as AM is rightfully doing.

The dilemma for BM is:
He knows exactly what happened.
And he knows exactly where she is.

I look forward to seeing this pathetic and angry man doing the perp walk - in pink handcuffs.
I concur. IMO unless she is found BM will go down with the ship and the info .

People carrying guns on their property is pretty common place in rural America. This is especially true in mountainous areas like Colorado. It certainly would not be seen as illegal, even if the person cursed at someone and told them to stay away from their property. Private property rights are big in the rural U.S....IMO

True. But the context of this situation is explosive. They are searching for his wife and he’s carrying a gun around them. It appears threatening.

I’m seriously concerned it could turn into a standoff and others will be injured or killed. Barry may be completely unhinged at this point.

I'm not worried about their physical safety. They're safe in that regard, I think.

From a mental/emotional standpoint, I can't imagine how they'll manage to be anything other than complete train wrecks for the rest of their lives.

Denial is a powerful defense mechanism, but it can't hold reality at bay forever.

And the reality here is horrific.

JMO.

RBBM

When I see cases like these, I think of O.J.'s kids.

JMVHO.

True. But the context of this situation is explosive. They are searching for his wife and he’s carrying a gun around them. It appears threatening.

I’m seriously concerned it could turn into a standoff and others will be injured or killed. Barry may be completely unhinged at this point.

This is a valid concern. He could be setting up his Puma Path home as a bunker where he is keeping surveillance. Who knows how many guns he might have inside the home. He could be preparing for a shoot out IMO.

Do trail cameras work like any other surveillance system where you can monitor the feed remotely from your home or phone?

My family owns land and it’s disconcerting knowing one or a few people have been trespassing on our property. Imagine 500 people showing up nearby, most are amateurs, and some are howling for your blood. I don’t blame Barry for not allowing trespassers, putting up trailcams, and carrying a gun to protect himself. As said upthread, all it takes is one guy - that one loon - to cause trouble.

Also, someone could plant items on your property, which could make it worse for the investigation, or cause other kinds of harm. Even if I weren’t suspected of murder, I’d be very wary of all the people out roaming around.

This is a valid concern. He could be setting up his Puma Path home as a bunker where he is keeping surveillance. Who knows how many guns he might have inside the home. He could be preparing for a shoot out IMO.

Do trail cameras work like any other surveillance system where you can monitor the feed remotely from your home or phone?
When someone is armed like that, law enforcement usually prefers to arrest them in a traffic stop. It’s a hell of a lot safer.

My family owns land and it’s disconcerting knowing one or a few people have been trespassing on our property. Imagine 500 people showing up nearby, most are amateurs, and some are howling for your blood. I don’t blame Barry for not allowing trespassers, putting up trailcams, and carrying a gun to protect himself. As said upthread, all it takes is one guy - that one loon - to cause trouble.

Also, someone could plant items on your property, which could make it worse for the investigation, or cause other kinds of harm. Even if I weren’t suspected of murder, I’d be very wary of all the people out roaming around.
I agree and legally hes within his rights to do so on his property. My only issue with his behavior is the timing of it. The search has been in the works for weeks. He knew when and where it would be happening. He isnt even living at the house right now (not that it would make a difference rights wise). He could have chosen any day in the past 3-4 weeks to set up trail cams or hire some security team to put measures in place. Instead of planning ahead he CHOSE to wait until the day of the search to hang cameras and walk around his property with a gun. He has an apartment, so if he was truly worried about safety, he didnt have to be at the home during the search. He wanted to be there, it was an intentional choice to do this, on this day. IMO this was yet another attempt by BM to control the narrative (ie Im the innocent victim trying to protect my land) and also to try and intimidate anyone he crossed path with. Im sure he feels the pressure and is looking for ways to assert his continue exerting his dominance over SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53