Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a completely opposite read on BM right now.

I think he's feeling extremely anxious and rattled right now.

He's been making bad move after bad move.

It's interesting to me that the house got listed on the heels of that body being discovered in Saguache County.

Even if it's not SM, it does potentially speak to BM's hyper-reactivity to news of bodies being discovered.

I think he's in a state of near constant apprehension, wondering when the axe is going to fall.

The thought is not an unhappy one.

JMO.

I agree with you.

I also think that BM is so self absorbed that he thinks he has outsmarted everyone. I believe that he gloats as he imagines 700 people looking for SM with no apparent evidence found.

Last edited:
I wondered about this also.
I now know as of last week that there is not an odor right away.
We waited about 9 hours before transportation came to get him and he had passed away 8 hours before we got there. No smell.
If we can figure out BM timeline within Sat AM- Sunday PM when first call was made and if she was in cooler(s) , then I have to say NO, there would not be any odor yet.
JMO

This sounds horrific. I must have missed something very personal you shared. It sounds terrible, i'm sorry!

I just saw on the media only thread that the Puma house is up for sale. Who in their right mind would buy only to fund a defense for a potential future trial of a Murderer? While I do understand it may go to the children, I have my doubts. Does anyone remember offhand how much they purchased the house for?

Yep. You're right. That was probably the old one. However, when I go to Zillow and put Poncha Springs in the search bar, there are 26 listings. One of the listings is just "loading" so I cannot see the property.

On Redfin, I still see this: (and 18 homes being sold, none of them are 19057 Puma Path).

How can I see this home?
We're sorry - Redfin doesn't currently have an agent available to help you with this home.

Please check back often since we expect to be able to help you soon.

Is that just happening for me?

I have a completely opposite read on BM right now.

I think he's feeling extremely anxious and rattled right now.

He's been making bad move after bad move.

It's interesting to me that the house got listed on the heels of that body being discovered in Saguache County.

Even if it's not SM, it does potentially speak to BM's hyper-reactivity to news of bodies being discovered.

I think he's in a state of near constant apprehension, wondering when the axe is going to fall.

The thought is not an unhappy one.

JMO.

Hmm, yes, i can see that viewpoint as well. Makes a lot of sense. High anxiety and very reactive...

When we downsized and sold our home, our realtor had a person come in to stage each room by rearranging furniture, depersonalized, and a few days later a photographer came for still shots and video tour.

These pictures look like some that Barry took on his cell phone.

I'm behind a page in posts, but I absolutely agree.

I'm not in the real estate business but it immediately stood out to me how poor the real estate photos were.

I need to catch up now...

So does the guardianship automatically transfer?
I’m in a rabbit hole looking at the Colorado rules. Seems he would have had to file for a transfer?

Colorado Judicial Branch - Self Help - Guardianship for Adults

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF 782 Instructions to File a Petition to Accept - R6-20.pdf

jmo

I believe you're probably correct that a petition is required. I'm hoping a Colorado attorney pops in and gives us a quick summary for a couple of reasons. The reciprocity to transfer guardianship from one state to another is truly written for existing guardianship of people that are alive, present, and NOT simply missing (i.e., believed disappeared by their spouse).

Does Colorado use conservatorship guidance for absentees versus Indiana's use of provisions for the incapacitated to address missing individuals?

More questions than I have time to research. Besides, it's still upsetting to me to think of what happened under the guidance of Indiana. :confused:

Anyone else feel just a very sad sadness?
JMO
Yes -- he seems to be moving right along with his life, which is what those who have lost a loved one must do somehow, but he seems to be reallllly moving along with his plans and his life. No dust under his feet. And what about his children? What are his plans for them? And what do they want to do?

Yep. You're right. That was probably the old one. However, when I go to Zillow and put Poncha Springs in the search bar, there are 26 listings. One of the listings is just "loading" so I cannot see the property.

On Redfin, I still see this: (and 18 homes being sold, none of them are 19057 Puma Path).

How can I see this home?
We're sorry - Redfin doesn't currently have an agent available to help you with this home.

Please check back often since we expect to be able to help you soon.

Is that just happening for me?

Try Estately. https://www.estately.com/listings/info/19057-puma-path--2

*(I do think it’s odd the listing agent doesn’t show it on her own site yet.)

jmo

I’m guessing BM told the realtor they could have the listing providing HE decided on the pictures and HE wrote up the description of the property. Gotta control it all ya know? IMO of course.
Also the realtor had an appt to call me this afternoon and she never did. Ordinarily not a big deal but considering this case it seems everything is odd!

I’m guessing BM told the realtor they could have the listing providing HE decided on the pictures and HE wrote up the description of the property. Gotta control it all ya know? IMO of course.
Also the realtor had an appt to call me this afternoon and she never did. Ordinarily not a big deal but considering this case it seems everything is odd!
Interesting:
Miscellaneous:
Breakfast Bar, High Speed Internet Avail., HOA Required $, Hot Tub/Spa, Kitchen Pantry, Security System, Window Coverings
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Puma Path Sale, $ Gain?
... A nice little profit there too.... It seems awfully hard to get caught, I’m not sure he could be any more obvious.
@TKG bbm sbm Your post caught my attn, so I ballparked results of (hypo) sale at full $ 1,759,000 initial listing price. Briefly:
1. Settlement stmt calculations for SM's/BM's/Seller's side, that is, bottom line $ in Seller's hand post closing =
approx range of $ 1,605,175. to $ 1,647,163.

2. Est'ed ~ gain on sale = range of $ 30,175 to $ 74,801. Not the (larger) gain I imagined at first glance.
3. Federal income tax on gain = likely to be zero, imo.

Welcoming comment, clarification, correction from our legal and real est pro's.

jm2cts. Could be wrong.

=================================================================
Not briefly, w dreary details, but no gore or trigger warnings.
1. If home sells at full asking price $ 1,759,000 (assuming not financed; no HELoC, no liens or other encumbrances on prop),
approx. $ amt due to the M's/BM at closing is sales price less various exp's listed below.
Subtract sales commission:**
if 6% ... 105,540.
if 7% .... 123,130.
if 8% ... 140,720.

........................................................................................................................... Sales commission .................................$ 105,540 to $ 140,720.
Subtract buyer's title ins premium: **
if 1/4 % ...... 4397.
if 1/2 %...... 8795.
This seems waaay high, maybe an iffy source?

............................................................................................................................Buyer's policy title ins premium..... $ 4397 to $ 8795.
Subtract misc fees (imo, ime):**
Prop Appraisal 500 - 3000, Flood cert. 100; Tax Cert. 100;
Pest Inspection 200; Recording Fees 200,
Bldg Inspxn 250; Septic Inspxn 250; HOA cert & transfer 300; etc. ** ***

...........................................................................................................................Est'ed misc fees ...................................... $ 1900 to $ 4400.

.........................................................................................................................^ SubTotals of above ^.......................$ 111,837 to $ 153,825.
From sale at $ 1,759,000, either
subtract $ 111,837 low exp. range est's, so more in seller's hand = $ 1,647,163.
subtract $ 153,825 high exp. range est's, so less in seller's hand= $ 1,605,175.
Or between the two ^ approx. figures.

2. If home sells at asking price $ 1,759,000;
The M's bought in 2018 ................... 1,575,000 (assuming no finance, no HELoC, no capital improvements by the M's).
Difference ............................................. = 184,000, but << is not all profit to the seller, because
we must subtract ......................^ SubTotals, ranging from $ 111,837 to $ 153,825 ^, so
......................................................................................................................................$ 184,000 less 109,199 = $ 74,801 gain; or
.....................................................................................................................................$ 184,000 less 153,825 = $ 30,175 gain.
Or between the two ^ approx. figures.

3. Federal income tax on gain from the (hypo) sale?
Likely to be eligible for exclusion of gain (from the sale of home up to $500,000 for a married couple filing jointly) so likely zero tax, imo, per Publication 523 (2019), Selling Your Home | Internal Revenue Service and https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p523.pdf.
** In a sales agreement for real est, buyer and seller may negotiate many ^ closing exp's or settlement charges, for either buyer or seller to pay. Also varies by state and local custom, but^ $ are typical amt or range, imo and/or ime.
*** Also ignoring some other exp. categories.

Last edited:
My thoughts now: If LE don't reveal the findings, the property seller doesn't have to mention, whether a crime took place at the object. If officially known, maybe it would be regulation in CO to inform the buyer.

Nope, unfortunately not.

"Colorado has adopted a statute that excuses sellers of residential real estate and their brokers from having to disclose certain facts that may psychologically stigmatize real property. Unfortunately, Colorado does not have a clear rule as to what psychologically-stigmatizing circumstances do not need to be disclosed versus those that must be disclosed.
C.R.S. § 38-35.5-101 creates an exception to the general rule of disclosure identified for both seller’s agents and transaction-brokers, in that it provides for nondisclosure of information that is psychologically impacting or stigmatizing. This statutory exception reads as follows:

(1) Facts or suspicions regarding circumstances occurring on a parcel of property which could psychologically impact or stigmatize such property are not material facts subject to a disclosure requirement in a real estate transaction. Such facts or suspicions include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) That an occupant of real property is, or was at any time suspected to be, infected or has been infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or diagnosed with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other disease which has been determined by medical evidence to be highly unlikely to be transmitted through the occupancy of a dwelling place; or

(b) That the property was the site of a homicide or other felony or of a suicide.

(2) No cause of action shall arise against a real estate broker or salesperson for failing to disclose such circumstance occurring on the property which might psychologically impact or stigmatize such property."

Source: Psychologically Impacted Property and Disclosure

That reminds me... When looking to buy a home checked one out that had this huge stand alone garage with a second story above with several rooms. One room had several ceiling squares missing and lots of dead flys on floor and windowsills. There was also no flooring in that room. Liked that home and seriously considered it. Wemt back the next morning to look at outside again. Well, one of the neighbors came up and asked it i was considering it and he said "you do know what happened there?" I said "no" and he told me that previous owner shot himself in room above garage and wasn't found for a while. Well, didn't buy it as just couldn't see myself living there. Was disappointed/mad in/at my realtor, but there is no law in Colorado that makes it mandatory for realtors to inform of such history. :(
bbm
Have to delete my post about such a law. I'm reading backwards from new to old and now you are telling me, how the matter is handled in CO. 1,7 million and a future homeowner would buy a home with that history without knowing?? That's not up-to-date for CO, IMO.
ETA: Sorry NoSI, didn't see your answer to my now del post in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member