Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused by this statement . @news buff Are you suggesting Barry was in business with the Asian game rooms that pop up and then close and then reopen in a different location? Not sure if Colorado has those but my State is full of them. Seedy businesses from what I understand.
That's a BM from Oregon. Different person all together.

Some possibilities:
1]. Smell of bleach when they did the walk-through
2]. No evidence of SM around the found bike
3]. Condition of the bike
4]. Neighbor said she heard/saw BM go out on his atv the night before
5]. Neighbor said she heard BM going out in his truck late the night before
6]. Neighbor said she hadn’t seen SM in a few days
7]. Neighbor said she saw SM leave with BM the day before, but BM came back alone
8]. BM arrived home from Broomfield with an empty trailer
9]. BM was uncooperative/angry at the search site
10]. There is neighborhood video

All of the above
A combination of the above
None of the above
11)The daughters said they had not spoken to their Mom since they left......

We only know what’s been reported - guardianship was handled by zoom or whatever IN courts are using but we do know there was a deed signed in person (notary was IN) - wasn’t a truck purchased there by the husband ? @Seattle1 or @Cindizzi likely know and I’m sure it’s in her media thread
JMO
Public records indicate BM appeared before a Notary in Marion County, State of IN on June 23, 2020.

Public records indicate BM appeared before a Notary in the Hamilton County, State of IN on July 24, 2020, and used his driver's license as proof of his identity.

PE reports BM was eating at an Indiana pizza parlor and driving a new truck sometime in October.

So that's three visits that we know of....

Doxpop

ETA: June and Sept 2020 Guardianship matters were conducted by videoconference.

I wonder if he made sure to let them know he had to go to work. I have this feeling that he made work a priority always. Whether or not it was a lucrative job we don’t know. I feel to him he made sure they thought it was and that they knew he was the breadwinner even if not factual. I do wonder also about when she went missing if he was their main contact.
Were things already sorta off that they knew he would not know what was happening at home?
Moms and their girls know a lot about each other. Was there a disconnect already going on that only this immediate family was in tune to? I feel I had this impression from pics about what a close knit family this was but maybe he wasn’t around much and maybe this is why we don’t hear a peep from the girls. I guess I’m thinking the girls know a lot more than we think they do. Jmo
With his own landscaping business he could manage to have free time for himself all the time, even incl. hotel sleepover. I think, he used this freedom as these men do. Who would not use it, if that profession is offering possibilities, which another profession wouldn't offer and one had chosen it (perhaps) for exact that independence as a nice additional gift? IMO

With his own landscaping business he could manage to have free time for himself all the time, even incl. hotel sleepover. I think, he used this freedom as these men do. Who would not use it, if that profession is offering possibilities, which another profession wouldn't offer and one had chosen it (perhaps) for exact that independence as a nice additional gift? IMO
I'm going to disagree here, albeit only maybe.
I know some do use it as such but I also know some are just hard working contractors.
moo

I did not know that. Seems completely incompetent not to order materials upon contract agreement. Delays could be expected in Covid. Why is he scrambling a crew on Saturday?

If EA and Barry had been in delinquent status, would it require some additional paperwork or even payment up front for materials? I could see that being one explanation for the undelivered materials.

If EA and Barry had been in delinquent status, would it require some additional paperwork or even payment up front for materials? I could see that being one explanation for the undelivered materials.
As on who spent a lifetime running a construction office, I say safely no that wouldn't hold anything up. The vendors could care less about who you may owe and for what. It's not their headache to be involved with your filing status.

As on who spent a lifetime running a construction office, I say safely no that wouldn't hold anything up. The vendors could care less about who you may owe and for what. It's not their headache to be involved with your filing status.
Wouldn't it be the contracter who is responsible for ordering the materials and applying for permits? Or would BM have to order materials himself?

Wouldn't it be the contracter who is responsible for ordering the materials and applying for permits? Or would BM have to order materials himself?

Tony Miller-EA Outdoor Services ordered the materials back in 2019. But it appears Barry was supposed to order them in May-

the worker tells me that if tony knew he
08:27
needed to order material
08:29
he would do it i'm told tony miller
08:32
ordered the material back in october of
08:34
2019 but
08:35
he did not in may for barry's crew i
08:38
also double checked with a colorado
08:40
company who
08:41
provides the block and they didn't make
08:43
any orders to broomfield
08:45
on may 10th 11th 12th or 13th

Tony Miller-EA Outdoor Services ordered the materials back in 2019. But it appears Barry was supposed to order them in May-

the worker tells me that if tony knew he
08:27
needed to order material
08:29
he would do it i'm told tony miller
08:32
ordered the material back in october of
08:34
2019 but
08:35
he did not in may for barry's crew i
08:38
also double checked with a colorado
08:40
company who
08:41
provides the block and they didn't make
08:43
any orders to broomfield
08:45
on may 10th 11th 12th or 13th

Looks like it was on Barry by that conversation. He must have bid on "time and materials"

All depends on how the contact is written. Whether it is just for "time" (labor) or time and materials. I'm not clear on all this permit business...I think they are referring to the "business license" for Sunset farms. On most large jobs you don' get a "permit" for every little thing.... it's covered under the Building License of the General contractor. Neither Barry or EA Outdoor were the general.

If he was using his business as an escape and a pathway to free time, that likely speaks more to his own character and work ethic (or lack thereof), than to his profession.

jmo

Looks like it was on Barry by that conversation. He must have bid on "time and materials"

All depends on how the contact is written. Whether it is just for "time" (labor) or time and materials. I'm not clear on all this permit business...I think they are referring to the "business license" for Sunset farms. On most large jobs you don' get a "permit" for every little thing.... it's covered under the Building License of the General contractor. Neither Barry or EA Outdoor were the general.
Maybe this varies from State to State, but wouldn't you have to at least identify subs who perform work for the GC on a Public Works Project? Maybe it's up to the GC to verify subs have all the proper liability coverages in place?

The wall would have required a separate permit if it was over a certain height. The permit would have had to have been pulled by the company or person responsible for the wall. If over a certain height it would have had to have a separate engineered inspection/stamp satisfying the codes. In most areas walls below 3 feet do not need a permit, walls higher than that do and some will require an engineered drawing to be submitted with the permit.

Maybe this varies from State to State, but wouldn't you have to at least identify subs who perform work for the GC on a Public Works Project? Maybe it's up to the GC to verify subs have all the proper liability coverages in place?

Legitimate subcontractors send in certificates insurance right off the bat to the general, never known it not to be required. Interesting "public works projects", if a dime of Federal money is involved by law they require a "certified payroll." They want names and rates paid. We just don't have enough info to judge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member