Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issuance of the reverse 911 call still makes no sense to me, unless they have a tip and a description of a vehicle in the area of the "item" or bicycle. Or, since it was issued for the 8th onward, are they looking for a specific vehicle coming into the area. A vehicle they already know about. One more question, do the kinds of cameras the call described pick up vehicles in the night or is it too dark? Would they pick up vehicles going down the street in the dark?

Last edited:
The crime tape seems to cordon off a section of graded dirt with the stairs going down the middle.
It could be crime scene tape-or it could just be caution tape. When there is construction, there can be a requirement to put up caution tape or a barricade of some sort to cordon off the area. I just want to make sure that “crime scene tape” does not become fact.

"He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain."

Tristan posted:

To clarify, I was not saying that it was a fascinating detail that she went to church on Sundays. I was referring to the statement that 'everyone knew she rode her bike every Sunday morning.'

That is what I find fascinating. It makes some things fall into place for me.
Ok now I'm a bit confused.

He could not be certain if she was there? Last I heard no one is allowed to go to Church because of Coivid.

Second, she may have got the all clear with her cancer. However, she would be concerned going into Church and exposing herself to COVID with a possible weakened immune system.

I agree. All this info makes things fall into place for me too.

Ita.
"Lesser mortals" might be out searching , as well.
Looking everywhere in the woods, trails, or wherever ... until they dropped from exhaustion.
Even IF you thought someone kidnapped your loved one, wouldn't you be aggressively searching and doing everything you could ?
Amber Duboise' parents searched ceaselessly even though they believed she'd been taken.
Sadly they were correct.
Just saying what I'd do as well.
Amen!

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

"The fire chief has not had direct contact with Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared"

Why has the fire chief not had direct contact with his employee Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared?
He’s a volunteer, isn’t he? I wouldn’t expect direct contact with that type of “employee.” I think in our extreme SM world, people tend to “think” they know you just because they follow your SM, but the truth is that oftentimes people in the same family don’t know one another as much as they think they do. JMO.

Expressed politely ^^^

But I wanted to add that I think GK was not saying BM did this.
Sometimes a post can be misunderstood ?

The member in the quoted portion was pointing out the fire chief's words; and that specifically -- no one knows where BM was that weekend.

It's entirely possible he was at home until he left the 9th for a landscaping job or training.
Possibly the landscaping is more probable as training wouldn't take place Sat. and Sun.

I'd imagine by now LE have verified what they would need to know for this investigation.
They're just keeping it close to the vest and that can be frustrating.
Imo.
I read he left on FRIDAY for “work” in Denver. Do I remember where? DM maybe but not sure.
Something I haven’t seen discussed, Don't most bike riders and runners wear Watch or Fitbit when they go out for purpose of recording workout as much as for safety in case of flat tire, chain break, accident? Wouldn’t it be strange for SM not to have some tracking device on when she went riding?

It's something that's caught the attention of former Pueblo County Sheriff and now Private Investigator Dan Corsentino.

"It seems to me there is something more driving this case that none of us know about at this point in time," he said.

"This case is going to be something more than I think a family-related case. That's just my gut instinct," Corsentino said.

Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

Very interesting to hear his perspective. Since there are countless times where they are assisting in "family-related" cases, I wonder what else his gut instinct is telling him. Thanks for sharing that.

I just to express my moopinion, I really think this is about controlling the situation ...such as planting the bike and doing the self video. Watching the video of BM, makes me to believe he's trying to set the scene to look like an abduction. In that video nothing else was talked about such as ...like is she hurt ran away and so on... He seemed so sure that this was an abduction and not talking about other possibilities.

Just my moopinion

JMO
The helicopter footage reminded me that LE could fly a FLIR camera equiped helicopter over the area at night to see if thermal imaging picks up any warm readings from a shallow buried body as it decomposes. A decomposing body will be much warmer than the area around it and if body is shallow enough, a FLIR camera may pick it up.

The Rocky Mountains I suspect have lots of rocks (duh--LOL) and we can tell that from all the rocks around the landscaping of the home. So if someone tried to bury her, the grave may be really shallow because they probably could not dig down very far without hitting lots of big rocks and boulders.

I hope LE has either done this already or maybe can still do this to try to find her if she is buried in a shallow grave anywhere around where the bike or other evidence was found.

Link about FLIR cameras and their possible usage to find a dead body.

"We postulated that the insect larval masses on a decomposing body generate a heat which can be considerably higher than ambient temperatures for a period of several weeks and that such heat signatures might be used for locating insect infested human remains."

Helicopter Thermal Imaging for Detecting Insect Infested Cadavers - PubMed

Last edited:
I just to express my moopinion, I really think this is about controlling the situation ...such as planting the bike and doing the self video. Watching the video of BM, makes me to believe he's trying to set the scene to look like an abduction. In that video nothing else was talked about such as ...like is she hurt ran away and so on... He seemed so sure that this was an abduction and not talking about other possibilities.

Just my moopinion
I know what you mean. Why wouldn't he ask locals to look on their property, and in their outbuildings, and to search the local trails etc, just in case?

I read he left on FRIDAY for “work” in Denver. Do I remember where? DM maybe but not sure.
Something I haven’t seen discussed, Don't most bike riders and runners wear Watch or Fitbit when they go out for purpose of recording workout as much as for safety in case of flat tire, chain break, accident? Wouldn’t it be strange for SM not to have some tracking device on when she went riding?

Can you share the link where you read this? This is the first I'm hearing of when he left for Denver.

It could be crime scene tape-or it could just be caution tape. When there is construction, there can be a requirement to put up caution tape or a barricade of some sort to cordon off the area. I just want to make sure that “crime scene tape” does not become fact.

As seen by the 12-minute helicopter ride circling overhead the Morphew residence, I believe this area is marked with caution tape marking broken or incomplete part of a rock path leading to the driveway on the front side of the residence. The rock path crosses a stream running in front where what appears to be a large piece of slate serves as a bridge over the stream crossing. It looks to me that some rocks are either being replaced or there was some erosion after winter break-up. Colorado soil has a large clay content and I think this looks like part of the grounds that may not have wintered very well and is being reinforced. The tape is tied off to a compact loader parked next to a flatbed likely used to haul large mountain rocks for the landscape and walkway. Moo

Just curious, but... am I the only one that finds it slightly creepy that SM is "known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church" as the fire chief RB was quoted as saying in the CrimeOnline article?

I mean... for you married folks, do co-workers of your spouse know your fitness/recreation/hobby routines?

It just seems odd to me.
Unless they were all really close friends or something, that's not information a co-worker of her spouse should really know.

Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member