Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t checked this thread in a while but this really feels like a cold case at this point. Not cold in the sense that LE doesn’t know who perpetrated this but that there isn’t enough evidence to charge and convict. Ugh. This is disheartening.
Someone needs to come forward with more information . There’s several I think that could speak up, I think people are torn Bc of the family dynamics that this has all caused .
Moo

Missing jogger Sherri Papini's husband Keith takes lie detector test - NZ Herald

One example of LE and publicly stating results of lie detector of missing person.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/missing-hikers-husband-swears-hes-innocent-after-failing-lie-detector/

here’s a fail publicly told.

I’m a big believer in lie detector tests showing deception... that’s just my opinion though. It would change my thought process on Barry if he passed. It really would .

Me too lol. I would be absolutely shocked!

IMO

Not the exact same circumstances, just the hope of mine that Suzanne will receive justice one day, when things align to make that possible

Victoria Prokopovitz of Pittsfield disappeared almost eight years ago. Her body has never been found and she is believed to be dead.
On Monday, her husband is scheduled to stand trial, accused of first-degree intentional homicide.
Trial set to begin in 2013 disappearance of Victoria Prokopovitz

Court TV is covering the trial
Here is her thread:
Found Deceased - WI - Victoria Prokopovitz, 59, Pittsfield, 25 April 2013 *Husband arrested*
Found Deceased - WI - Victoria Prokopovitz, 59, Pittsfield, 25 April 2013 *Husband arrested*

Not the exact same circumstances, just the hope of mine that Suzanne will receive justice one day, when things align to make that possible

Victoria Prokopovitz of Pittsfield disappeared almost eight years ago. Her body has never been found and she is believed to be dead.
On Monday, her husband is scheduled to stand trial, accused of first-degree intentional homicide.
Trial set to begin in 2013 disappearance of Victoria Prokopovitz

Court TV is covering the trial
Here is her thread:
Her husband never helped with searches ! Sounds familiar . IMO

I may have a mini heart attack ! I would definitely be shocked , but I would change my opinion for sure!
Moo
Lol :D Me too! I realize polygraphs aren’t as reliable as the voice analysis and can’t be used in court and attorneys advise their clients not to take them, etc. but most innocent people would take one anyway so LE can rule them out. And also because, like you said, it shows people you aren’t hiding anything. IMO

I know if my husband was missing and I was being interviewed by LE and they asked me to take a polygraph or voice analysis I wouldn’t hesitate to do it. And if I thought the detectives suspected me based on their line of questioning and they hadn’t asked me to take one, I would suggest it myself. I would say I can see you have doubts about me so please I will take a polygraph or voice analysis right here right now!! KWIM?! I don’t care if my attorney told me not to do it...everyone knows how bad it looks to refuse. If you are innocent and have nothing to hide then you should cooperate with LE and do anything you can to help them eliminate you so they can focus on finding the real perpetrator. MOO

Lol :D Me too! I realize polygraphs aren’t as reliable as the voice analysis and can’t be used in court and attorneys advise their clients not to take them, etc. but most innocent people would take one anyway so LE can rule them out. And also because, like you said, it shows people you aren’t hiding anything. IMO

I know if my husband was missing and I was being interviewed by LE and they asked me to take a polygraph or voice analysis I wouldn’t hesitate to do it. And if I thought the detectives suspected me based on their line of questioning and they hadn’t asked me to take one, I would suggest it myself. I would say I can see you have doubts about me so please I will take a polygraph or voice analysis right here right now!! KWIM?! I don’t care if my attorney told me not to do it...everyone knows how bad it looks to refuse. If you are innocent and have nothing to hide then you should cooperate with LE and do anything you can to help them eliminate you so they can focus on finding the real perpetrator. MOO

Many false positives with lie detector tests, and that is why they are not allowed in court;
Jessica Lunsford’s grandparents both failed their polygraph tests; police spent all this wasted time on them when the child was in the trailer being raped, and then buried alive, by her neighbor; an sex offender who failed to register; rather than focus on searching the nearby homes and property!
I would always ask for an attorney, and take their advice: Many innocent people have been placed into prison because the “investigator had a feeling, and can lie, and twist statements Thankfully DNA has cleared some of them!

See me either! I would be offering it too, anything I could do to let them rule me out!! You are exactly right it looks really, really bad when someone refuses a lie detector test. They are looking for one thing, and its only involving Suzanne being missing....why not take one?? MOO

Missing jogger Sherri Papini's husband Keith takes lie detector test - NZ Herald

One example of LE and publicly stating results of lie detector of missing person.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/missing-hikers-husband-swears-hes-innocent-after-failing-lie-detector/

here’s a fail publicly told.

I’m a big believer in lie detector tests showing deception... that’s just my opinion though. It would change my thought process on Barry if he passed. It really would .

LE did not release this info though. The husband did. He may have passed the test and LE told him he failed as that is a common technique.

LE did not release this info though. The husband did. He may have passed the test and LE told him he failed as that is a common technique.
In Sherri's case LE did release it though, because I’m sure her husband was suspect in the beginning. The 2nd article was just an example . Look at Scott Peterson , guilty as anything ... he refused a poly. Chris Watts, took it and failed it so badly ...!! I think he scored like an 18 !! We all know what watts did and Peterson did !! Molly Tibet’s boyfriend took it no problem .. I think it’s a good predictor ... just my opinion :)

LE, Announcing PGT Results?
@Rachelj1 Thx for response. Snipped for focus
Papini--- I'll look later & make a new post.

Robert Thomas. From your link: "Robert went for a polygraph test — where authorities told him he was being deceptive — but he claimed he had not had any sleep when he took the test, he said on the program."

Origin of "authorities told him" is not clear to me---
1. Did LE tell RT of deception, then LE repeated same to reporter?
2. Did LE tell RT of deception, then RT relayed LE's stmt to reporter? If so, more room for misinterp or lie.
Maybe other articles could clarify. Anyone??? TiA.
Also, if there's info in link from LE on whether LE even PG-tested RT, I missed it, which is possible.
my2ct.

Many false positives with lie detector tests, and that is why they are not allowed in court;
Jessica Lunsford’s grandparents both failed their polygraph tests; police spent all this wasted time on them when the child was in the trailer being raped, and then buried alive, by her neighbor; an sex offender who failed to register; rather than focus on searching the nearby homes and property!
I would always ask for an attorney, and take their advice: Many innocent people have been placed into prison because the “investigator had a feeling, and can lie, and twist statements Thankfully DNA has cleared some of them!

Gee, sounds like Covid tests! That example you gave was just awful...I mean awful as in tragic that happened (your example was great). I know there is a small percentage of false positive polygraphs. I can see how it might result in a false positive if you are hiding something possibly related to the crime even if you didn’t do it...or if the person administering the polygraph isn’t trained or experienced in getting the proper baselines. I think some medical conditions and certain medications can also effect test results. I believe the CVSA (voice stress analysis test) is more accurate. I know we have discussed all this at length on previous threads including the percentages so I’m not trying to start a thing here. I was just agreeing that I share @Rachelj1 ‘s sentiment about BM not taking the tests and agreeing that if he did and he passed I would also be beyond shocked and stunned. I have never felt so strongly that someone is guilty and a lying psychopath. MOO

And I agree it’s always wise to listen to your attorney’s advice, after all that is why you hired one. I’m not sure if I would even hire an attorney right away if I was innocent. I would have no problem taking a polygraph or CVSA and I’d take the risk to prove to LE that I was telling them the truth. And if by chance I was one of the unlucky people who get a false positive result, well I guess I’d jump up & down proclaiming my innocence and hope & pray that the investigation and evidence or retaking the test would eventually prove that I was not lying. Oh and then if I did have an attorney, I would buy them a nice gift and beg them not to quit. :p

Last edited:
i have a feeling- it’s just a feeling. a wish! BM gets arrested overnight TONIGHT. How pleasant would that make everyone’s weekend?? Well, almost everyone’s ;)
That would make me so happy! That might ruin his Valentine’s Day plans though. :rolleyes: I try not to get my hopes up anymore but I sure hope your feeling is real and our wish comes true!

LE, Publicly Confirming "Passing" PG-Test Results?
@Rachelj1 Your earlier post urged BM: "....Man up, prove your innocence. Tell the public you have agreed to take a lie detector and Le will most likely confirm it...." bbm sbm My response disagreed & asked if anyone could recall recent cases of LE announcing “passing” PG results.

Your second example* at post 539 w link was Papini case. Yes, agree w you. Papini reported wife missing; LE opened an investigation; ~ 10 days later LE announced PGT results plus more, before an arrest of anyone. Glad we’ve got ex. to review.
In announcing Papini’s PG-T results, Shasta Co, CA sheriff’s rep specifically said:**
1. Husband “has been talking with detectives” and
2. PGT results “indicate he has no involvement” w disappearance, and
3. LE “confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question” and
4. “no physical evidence at this time suggesting that he had any involvement.”

In Papini case announcement ^, did LE actually say Husband is innocent? Not guilty? Or he's cleared? Not that I recall, and the phrasing (words in red) still left LE room to pivot in the future.

Are CCSO’s current investigatory findings, 9th mo. in, comparable to LE’s findings re Papini case, ~10 days in? Does CCSO has similar exculpatory evd for BM now?
Not concluding anything on this point, just wondering.

* Your post 539 w link provided first example of Robert Thomas. But link was not clear (imo, post 551) that LE publicly announced his PGT results, so does not support proposition that LE would prob’ly confirm for BM.
** “Keith Papini has been talking with detectives and submitted to a polygraph earlier this week as the investigation into his wife's disappearance intensified, said Lieutenant Anthony Bertain,…. Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
"The results of the polygraph examination indicate he has no involvement with the disappearance of his wife," Bertain said in a statement. "Sheriff's Office detectives have confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question, and there is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement."
^
Missing jogger Sherri Papini's husband Keith takes lie detector test - NZ Herald Nov 11, 2016

At this point though, 9 months later, it's possible BM has convinced himself he didn't do anything to SM and is innocent. It is possible he could pass a lie detector test.

All they would have to do is ask him one question on the polygraph test.

Officer: “What do you think happened to her?”

BM: “A mountain lion got her.”

Fail. Epic fail.

jmo

LE, Publicly Confirming "Passing" PG-Test Results?
@Rachelj1 Your earlier post urged BM: "....Man up, prove your innocence. Tell the public you have agreed to take a lie detector and Le will most likely confirm it...." bbm sbm My response disagreed & asked if anyone could recall recent cases of LE announcing “passing” PG results.

Your second example* at post 539 w link was Papini case. Yes, agree w you. Papini reported wife missing; LE opened an investigation; ~ 10 days later LE announced PGT results plus more, before an arrest of anyone. Glad we’ve got ex. to review.
In announcing Papini’s PG-T results, Shasta Co, CA sheriff’s rep specifically said:**
1. Husband “has been talking with detectives” and
2. PGT results “indicate he has no involvement” w disappearance, and
3. LE “confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question” and
4. “no physical evidence at this time suggesting that he had any involvement.”

In Papini case announcement ^, did LE actually say Husband is innocent? Not guilty? Or he's cleared? Not that I recall, and the phrasing (words in red) still left LE room to pivot in the future.

Are CCSO’s current investigatory findings, 9th mo. in, comparable to LE’s findings re Papini case, ~10 days in? Does CCSO has similar exculpatory evd for BM now?
Not concluding anything on this point, just wondering.

* Your post 539 w link provided first example of Robert Thomas. But link was not clear (imo, post 551) that LE publicly announced his PGT results, so does not support proposition that LE would prob’ly confirm for BM.
** “Keith Papini has been talking with detectives and submitted to a polygraph earlier this week as the investigation into his wife's disappearance intensified, said Lieutenant Anthony Bertain,…. Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
"The results of the polygraph examination indicate he has no involvement with the disappearance of his wife," Bertain said in a statement. "Sheriff's Office detectives have confirmed his whereabouts on the day in question, and there is no physical evidence at this time suggesting he had any involvement."
^
Missing jogger Sherri Papini's husband Keith takes lie detector test - NZ Herald Nov 11, 2016

I do think with the lie detector on top of her husbands timeline being exactly what he said , they were able to conclude he had no involvement.
Barry should of agreed to the lie detector from the jump. It should of never been an issue if he had nothing to hide . He said and still says probably , the police tried to blame him ? That is not true , he just kept slipping up and they narrowed it down, and they most likely know exactly what happened . They just need to find Suzanne.

that’s my honest opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member