Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn’t make sense to me for him to speak to her... maybe a ploy to make us think either she left willingly or that she was abducted and like in the movies ... the kidnappers were sitting around with Suzanne waiting to hear from Barry.
Maybe he’s watched Ruthless People?

Psychological tactic IMO. It can be quite powerful to talk directly to a missing loved one, even if they are not the ones the message is intended for. I'm not sure if he was advised to phrase it this way, but it's very common in missing persons cases

I just read a little about money laundering through real estate. MOO, but I wonder if this might explain them appearing to own the property in 2008.
One of the red-flags is paying cash, and buying and selling multiple times, in other people’s names.
If the FBI were already investigating this, it might explain their quick involvement when SM was reported missing.
How this would have anything to do with SM’s disappearance, I have no idea. MOO!

Zillow: Posting Private Financial Info?
@Lilypad13 :) bbm sbm Re Zillow's "Est. refi payment $ 3784/mo"

Imo,* that's an est'ed paymt based on a hypothetical borrower, not based on actual owner's original loan or re-fi, so those $ figures Zillow or affiliates posted are not private.
As to Zillow's "$ 750,000" figure in 'sold' column in May 2019, that may be:
---
actual sales price** at closing (likely, imo) or
--- most recent asking price before sale closed (asking price could be higher or lower than sales price). Not so likely imo.**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* After clicking on "Est. payment" I got a dialog box showing "pre-qualify" and leading to a calculator to "buy a home" and "refinance my home." Find a Local Mortgage Lender for a Home Loan or Refinance | Zillow. So $3784 payment is not specific to them.

{{ :)Detail/bonus info ;) which may or may not be on the final this semester. ;) :rolleyes:

** In some states, residential sales prices are available as public record to anyone requesting from a county official. Laws in several states require sellers to provide county assessor w affidavit showing "full consideration paid" but also prohibit assessor from making public the $ info on these affidavits. }}
This is so WEIRD...
It appears they bought the Colorado land/property in July 2008 for 325k. Per Dave’s find, they started building the following month. It was first listed for sale in 5/2011 for 1.2m. The listing was removed 10/2012 after a year and 5 months without being sold.
The listing was removed again in Dec 2013, because they changed realtors at this time. In 1/2014 new realtor listed for 1.1m. By May 2014, they reduced price to 998k.
In 2/2015 the listing was once again removed. Then listed again in April 2015 for same price. In Aug 2015 the listing was removed again.
The house SOLD in Sept 2015 for 1.1m.
The house was listed AGAIN in Dec 2017 for 1.5m with yet another realtor- pending sale Jan 31 2018 - and Sold to BM/SM April 2018.
I’m wondering if they bought their own house to give it more value? Surely they didn’t sell it for 1.1m and then turn around two years later and buy it back for 1.575m ...
Maybe one of y’all can explain this?
Under price and tax history
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/

A small developer was my thought also. Appears the lot was purchased in 2008 (ouch) and by 2011 a spec house had been finished and put on the market. It has pretty steadily been on and off the market since. It was sold to the M's in 2018. Under this link scroll down to Price/Tax History for detail of market history.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/

If the builder held it for so long, I suspect the builder sparsely furnished it and rented it out (short term vacation rentals) until it sold just to make ends meet and pay the taxes. Might explain the property's r/e listing photos.

What strikes me as very odd is how the listing price bounced all over. Look at the previous listing prices and then the jump the price took when BM and SM purchased it.

Wow, look at that escalation in price! +43% when the Morphews purchased? Very striking.

Is real estate in that area really going up that fast? What else could explain why a buyer would be willing to pony up +43% seemingly with no basis?

I'm curious if hunting cabins/shacks/lean-to's/etc. are a thing in Colorado? If so, are they on public or private land (or both) and are they well-known (registered, etc.) or something that only hunters know about? I'm from the suburbs, so maybe I've seen too many movies, lol. Just wondering aloud if there is any chance something like that (I'm picturing a Unabomber-like setting) is something that could be a consideration?
Sometimes there are cabins on property that is leased from the National Forest Service. Ski areas also lease property from them. There are sometimes yurts, cabins, or lean-tos on major trails. I suppose you might find places that are old miners' shacks, old ranches, etc. in the National Forests.

Does anyone know if homes are ever bugged when they are released to families? Is that legal? Just curious.
It’s legal with a warrant, but I don’t get the impression it’s a common practice these days.

I can’t remember the last case (at least in recent memory), where evidence like that was introduced.

I think if there is a warrant to listen to anything, it would be a phone.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please do not discuss the daughters or make negative insinuations or disparaging comments about them. Their mother is missing, their father appears to be under suspicion by LE, and they are innocent victims in this case. Leave them alone.

Also, all this talk of purchases, land deals, choice of decor (right on down to antlers or throw cushions ;) ) ... please be concise, get the point and indicate how you think this may possibly relate to your theory in this case and how it may be helpful in finding out what happened to Suzanne and by whom. If it doesn't relate to the case it is off topic.

This is so WEIRD...
It appears they bought the Colorado land/property in July 2008 for 325k. Per Dave’s find, they started building the following month. It was first listed for sale in 5/2011 for 1.2m. The listing was removed 10/2012 after a year and 5 months without being sold.
The listing was removed again in Dec 2013, because they changed realtors at this time. In 1/2014 new realtor listed for 1.1m. By May 2014, they reduced price to 998k.
In 2/2015 the listing was once again removed. Then listed again in April 2015 for same price. In Aug 2015 the listing was removed again.
The house SOLD in Sept 2015 for 1.1m.
The house was listed AGAIN in Dec 2017 for 1.5m with yet another realtor- pending sale Jan 31 2018 - and Sold to BM/SM April 2018.
I’m wondering if they bought their own house to give it more value? Surely they didn’t sell it for 1.1m and then turn around two years later and buy it back for 1.575m ...
Maybe one of y’all can explain this?
Under price and tax history
I think I need a drink to process all of that. Wow. What on earth?

I wish I could explain it to you but I am stuck on the house being sold in Sept 2015 and then bought again by B and S M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member