CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woundn't assume this either. The camps are scattered all over and the sheriff doesn't have those kinds of resources.
So you think they just put out a description of the vehicle? The homeless camps at Mt Herman are scattered everywhere? Even in finding TW body after all the complaints they wouldn't have made a point of driving through those sites?

So you think they just put out a description of the vehicle? The homeless camps at Mt Herman are scattered everywhere? Even in finding TW body after all the complaints they wouldn't have made a point of driving through those sites?

At the time all LE knew was that Hatchet Man may have been driving in a red vehicle. They didn't know Dn was homeless. And he wasn't tied to the TW murder. That came after they were captured and the revelation that DN was caught with a .22 and admission that they were car camping along Rampart Range Rd.

There's also at least 3 jurisdictional changes along Rampart Range Rd where a majority of the car camping is. The other homeless "camps" are not easily accessed from the road and are full of needles. I think they checked the campgrounds along Rampart Range Rd of other known areas along easily accessed roads but probably don't have the manpower to put together a team to go into the homeless camps on such short notice. They aren't easy to get to.

At the time all LE knew was that Hatchet Man may have been driving in a red vehicle. They didn't know Dn was homeless. And he wasn't tied to the TW murder. That came after they were captured and the revelation that DN was caught with a .22 and admission that they were car camping along Rampart Range Rd.

There's also at least 3 jurisdictional changes along Rampart Range Rd where a majority of the car camping is. The other homeless "camps" are not easily accessed from the road and are full of needles. I think they checked the campgrounds along Rampart Range Rd of other known areas along easily accessed roads but probably don't have the manpower to put together a team to go into the homeless camps on such short notice. They aren't easy to get to.

Where are they? I don't want to happen upon them while hiking.

Also, is there any chance that there are illegal MJ grows in the general area where TW was riding?

On the last thread we were saying that being buried under leaves and twigs does not seem that unusual. That being said I am of the opinion it may not be one of the similarities.

That leaves the facts that it was on a trail and TW was shot to death. Do posters think the shooting is the only similarity or what other significant similarities can there be?

On the last thread we were saying that being buried under leaves and twigs does not seem that unusual. That being said I am of the opinion it may not be one of the similarities.

That leaves the facts that it was on a trail and TW was shot to death. Do posters think the shooting is the only similarity or what other significant similarities can there be?

IF buried is a similarity, I think half buried maybe the point. Though I don't know if A/L and/or TW were half buried.
To me it seems to be another similarity, that it was the talk of "one shoe" in both cases.
Next similarity maybe the mostly inaccessible terrain perhaps?
Then hatchet-wounds maybe, of which we don't know.

yes Im thinking maybe the similarities arent just one thing but a series of things that when added together make the circumstance similar or the cause of death similar ..crime scene + injuries+weapon used +'burial+ location+ condition or injuries on body of victim etc.

kinda like the all the coincidences with DN and KN.

MOO:moo::moo::moo:

yes Im thinking maybe the similarities arent just one thing but a series of things that when added together make the circumstance similar or the cause of death similar ..crime scene + injuries+weapon used +'burial+ location+ condition or injuries on body of victim etc.

kinda like the all the coincidences with DN and KN.

MOO:moo::moo::moo:
Illegal drug area another possibility ? :cow:

There are definitely illegal grows going on in some areas of the mountains. But those aren't that close to MHR, and I didn't know if anyone else had heard of grows closer to the area where TW was riding.
I had been wondering the same thing earlier. Was DN protective of the location? I almost cannot imagine as dedicated as he was to mj and an outdoorsman in need of money that he wouldnt have tried to grow some. I wonder if LE looked around the trail where the body was found for plants.

There are definitely illegal grows going on in some areas of the mountains. But those aren't that close to MHR, and I didn't know if anyone else had heard of grows closer to the area where TW was riding.

It would be really hard to have an outdoor illegal grow. It’s a national forest, and if someone had plants out there, they would most likely be found.

It’s one thing to hide an illegal grow indoors, and those have a hard enough time not getting caught I believe. Outdoors in a national forest is IMO not likely.
I won't link to more stories of these illegal grows in National Forests but there are several. These are all huge and seems like it would be fairly easy to bust. But what if it were much smaller? Just a few plants.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/30/illegal-marijuana-grow-san-isabel-national-forest/

https://www.thecannabist.co/2017/09/28/illegal-colorado-marijuana-farming-national-forest/89029/

I won't link to more stories of these illegal grows in National Forests but there are several. These are all huge and seems like it would be fairly easy to bust. But what if it were much smaller? Just a few plants.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/30/illegal-marijuana-grow-san-isabel-national-forest/

https://www.thecannabist.co/2017/09/28/illegal-colorado-marijuana-farming-national-forest/89029/

I have found more too OC. Some are still ongoing investigations. Possibility he could have been protecting a grow for someone else even?

http://www.krdo.com/news/archive/18000-plant-marijuana-grow-found-in-el-paso-county-/73425826

Sorry - just have to post this one. Rampart Range Road although this was in 2016, officials say they deal with 4-8 per year on NF land.

It would be really hard to have an outdoor illegal grow. It’s a national forest, and if someone had plants out there, they would most likely be found.

It’s one thing to hide an illegal grow indoors, and those have a hard enough time not getting caught I believe. Outdoors in a national forest is IMO not likely.

I know that it happens. It’s just my opinion that that area would be really hard to grow plants on. I don’t know how you’d hide it on MTH. There are just so many hikers and cyclists.

I stand by the “anything is possible,” attitude, but I don’t see someone without an actual shelter being able to hide plants where DN was camping. MOO.

I feel like it’s highly unlikely

http://www.krdo.com/news/archive/18000-plant-marijuana-grow-found-in-el-paso-county-/73425826

Sorry - just have to post this one. Rampart Ridge Road although this was in 2016, officials say they deal with 4-8 per year on NF land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge