Comedian Louis CK: NY Times story breaking soon

Not either but... because he can. Powerful guy thinks he can do anything and women will just take it.

Makes me question what else these "powerful guys" think they can get away with...

Pussy grabbing?

Can we keep the not so thinly veiled political statements out of here? This thread is about Louis CK. There’s a political forum if you want to revisit the pussy grabbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we keep the not so thinly veiled political statements out of here? This thread is about Louis CK. There’s a political forum if you want to revisit the pussy grabbing.

Sexual assault is sexual assault no matter who is doing it.

Louis CK's new film 'I Love You, Daddy' cancelled after sexual misconduct allegations

The indie film company behind Louis CK's new movie has confirmed that it will no longer be releasing it in light of the sexual misconduct allegations levelled against the comedian.

"The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of 'I Love You, Daddy,'" it said in a brief statement Friday morning.

I Love You, Daddy was set for limited release on 17 November in the US before going wide in the following weeks.

The preview is at the link if you can stomach it. I couldn't watch.

I bet there are a lot of movie star's and politician's shaking in their shoes after the latest barrage of allegations.

JMO

Sexual assault is sexual assault no matter who is doing it.

That’s pretty obvious. I know that, (and I don’t condone his sick behavior either) Perhaps start an individual thread for that gross pervert, but this thread is about Louis CK. I’m so over people here trying to slip their political agenda into threads. MOO IMO.

Tig Notaro was on Ellen a few months ago, promoting her show "One Mississippi," of which Louis C.K. is one of the executive producers. When she and Ellen were talking about him, Tig was sure to say how little he was involved and how she has no contact with him. There was definitely something NOT being said between Tig and Ellen, although it was clear they both knew what it was. It makes way more sense now. Tig was CLEARLY not a fan of his.

That’s pretty obvious. I know that, (and I don’t condone his sick behavior either) Perhaps start an individual thread for that gross pervert, but this thread is about Louis CK. I’m so over people here trying to slip their political agenda into threads. MOO IMO.

MOO the culture is part of what protects people like Louis CK and others like him. It's understandable the conversation would touch on other instances or cultural references. Every post does not have to be about Louis CK and only Louis CK. If someone has wandered too far off-topic you can alert on the posts.

Makes me question what else these "powerful guys" think they can get away with...

It's shocking to me so many people are coming forward and telling their stories, but I'm sad to say their stories are not shocking.

Look how many threads have been started here in just the last week, and I don't think I've seen threads for Roy Moore or Jeff Hoover.

Louis C.K. Film, ‘I Love You, Daddy,’ Shelved After Sexual Misconduct Accusations
by Erik Ortiz

Louis C.K.'s new movie, "I Love You, Daddy," will no longer be released, its distributor said Friday, one day after five women came forward to accuse the comedian of sexual misconduct.

The move follows The Orchard's previous decision to cancel Thursday's New York premiere of the comedy, which was directed and stars Louis C.K., ahead of a New York Times report detailing the accusations.

In its prior statement, the distributor said it was reviewing the situation but that "there is never a place for the behavior detailed in these allegations." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...k-film-i-love-you-daddy-shelved-after-n819651

I didn't see anything political whatsoever in this thread. Just someone referencing another pervert in a position of power. Hard to argue with facts.

Tig Notaro was on Ellen a few months ago, promoting her show "One Mississippi," of which Louis C.K. is one of the executive producers. When she and Ellen were talking about him, Tig was sure to say how little he was involved and how she has no contact with him. There was definitely something NOT being said between Tig and Ellen, although it was clear they both knew what it was. It makes way more sense now. Tig was CLEARLY not a fan of his.

Tig Notaro's One Mississippi has a major focus on childhood sexual abuse and sexual harassment. I am not surprised she kept her distance from Louis C. K. It is a great dark comedy show that really does give an insightful treatment to how many survivors and families continue to be victimized-- but one has to follow the arc of the two seasons to really see it play out.

Tig Notaro's One Mississippi has a major focus on childhood sexual abuse and sexual harassment. I am not surprised she kept her distance from Louis C. K. It is a great dark comedy show that really does give an insightful treatment to how many survivors and families continue to be victimized-- but one has to follow the arc of the two seasons to really see it play out.

Interesting. I remember this scene. Tig's real-life wife, who is on the show, was the woman in the scene. https://www.avclub.com/yes-that-storyline-in-tig-notaro-s-amazon-series-was-a-1820312698

Louis C.K. Responds to Accusations: ‘These Stories Are True’

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was O.K. because I never showed a woman my **** without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your **** isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them.

:stormingmad:

What an idiot. Is it also a "predicament" for them when you ask to jerk off in front of them? Did you even ask? Does it make it better that you asked first? What planet are you from that it is ok to do that?

This guy is a dirtbag.

I guess if someone is out of touch enough to randomly show women his penis and masturbate in front of them this is the kind of statement he's going to come back with.

* The power I had over these women is that they admired me.
*I left these women who admired me
*I was widely admired in my and their community
*I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me

I guess if someone is out of touch enough to randomly show women his penis and masturbate in front of them this is the kind of statement he's going to come back with.

* The power I had over these women is that they admired me.
*I left these women who admired me
*I was widely admired in my and their community
*I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me

"According to the 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual (DSM-5), a clinical diagnosis of narcissism includes a “pervasive grandiosity, need for admiration, and lack of empathy.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back