Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

What? He knew he tested positive and still got on the plane??? We need to begin charging such people with a crime. He literally may have contributed to someone's death!!!

I wish the articles had photos of him.
she just walked me in but I did say hey , if it is good enough for the CDC its good enough for me LOL! she had nothing on ! others randomly did though.

She won't be laughing in a few weeks.

GEORGIA

Atlanta area Colleges and Universities

• Spelman College: Moving to remote learning starting Monday, March 23. "One of the high-risk factors in the spread of the Coronavirus is large gatherings. Spelman’s residence halls are currently at 100% capacity and are considered large gatherings. To mitigate the risk of highly populated gatherings, we ask that students follow the guidance they will receive from the Office of Student Affairs assigning specific times for them to return to the residence halls to retrieve their belongings," the school said. However, "We understand that there are a limited number of students who may face unforeseen hardships based on extenuating circumstances and will need to remain on campus. Student Affairs has created a hardship petition form for those students who must remain in the residence halls after the scheduled time to move out. Students will receive more details about the petition process from Student Affairs."
  • Morehouse College: Spring Break is being extended another week to March 20, and begin online classes on March 23. "Students are instructed not to return to campus from Spring Break and those students on campus are instructed to move out of their residences by the 9 p.m. on March 21st," the school said.
  • Oglethorpe University: School is suspended for a week starting Monday, March 16 and resuming with remote classes on March 23. "Students are free to go home or to remain on campus," the school said. "A decision about whether to close our residence halls to all students except those who cannot return home has not yet been made."
  • Savannah College of Art and Design: The school said it will be using an online format for all classes for the duration of the spring 2020 quarter. "Students will not be required to return to SCAD from spring break and will be released from their housing contracts; however, SCAD residence halls will remain open for those students who choose to remain in campus housing this spring.," the school said.
  • Brenau University: All campuses moving to digital learning on March 23. "All students who are able to leave campus will be required to leave," the school said, but, "For those students who need to remain on campus, a waiver request is available and the university will do its best to provide them with individual single rooms."
  • University System of Georgia: This includes all Georgia public universities - UGA, Georgia Tech, Georgia State and so on - these will stay open for normal operations for the time being. "The University System of Georgia is consulting constantly with the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force. DPH has advised that the risk of contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Georgia remains low. Therefore, all 26 USG institutions will remain open for face-to-face education at this time."
LIST | Status on classes at Atlanta area colleges and universities amid coronavirus outbreak

With each passing day, I grow less confident that we are being kept abreast of the progress of COVID-19 and what is being done to contain the virus.

Yup, I said the same earlier, based on what I know our Governor is not revealing. I’m not implying I have confidential info, but I am very familiar with what happened in Cynthiana/WMT & I live near the town, I (did) frequent it several times weekly & I know a good share of the people living there, especially since my work included Harrison county for 23 years. We are not being told all, we are not lied to, just kept in the dark. I asked the Cynthiana news editor why they are not reporting the FACTS. He kindly replied “more info will be released later.” I wonder, should the confined/quarantined come forward & tell their story? Moo

In the study, published Wednesday, the team put COVID-19 into the air with a nebulizer, re-creating what would happen if a patient coughed. The findings, which have not yet been peer-reviewed, showed that the virus remained viable for up to three hours in the air, for four hours on copper surfaces, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and from two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

Reposting this for awareness. 2-3 days on plastic & stainless steel is frightening. Especially on SS, as most restaurant counters are what? Lol. Thinking of fast food places, people hanging on the counters!coughing talking....expelling droplets. Yuk

Can I just say these researchers are heroes. God bless them.

It’s 68 degrees F here in the SF Bay Area right now. How likely is it that the virus dies in warmer whether? I could have sworn there was a study/article showing 48 degrees was the point at which it became less “stable”. Anyone remember that?

It’s 68 degrees F here in the SF Bay Area right now. How likely is it that the virus dies in warmer whether? I could have sworn there was a study/article showing 48 degrees was the point at which it became less “stable”. Anyone remember that?
No data yet. It is going strong in o em country with warm weather, I can’t recall the country at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox