Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
State: Coronavirus testing expands as 4 private labs offering services

At least four private labs have started offering coronavirus testing in Michigan and the state has expanded its testing capacity by about 1,000 people in recent days, state health officials said Thursday.

The state has approved testing for 120 individuals so far and has enough testing materials to do 1,300 tests thanks to recent deliveries. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced late Tuesday that two individuals had tested positive for COVID-19 and the results were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for verification...

SANTA CLARITA (CBSLA) — As coronavirus fears grow, hundreds of people lined up outside a Costco store in the Canyon Country community of Santa Clarita Thursday morning.

March 12, 2020. (CBS2)

Aerial footage taken just after 10 a.m. showed a line winding all through the parking lot outside the store, located at 18649 Vía Princessa.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said reports that scuffles had broken out between shoppers in line were unfounded.

“Please don’t call 911 because people are cutting in front of you in line at the store,” the sheriff’s department tweeted. “It ties up valuable resources for real emergencies!”

“All is calm over at Costco,” the department later tweeted.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, COVID-19 — the disease caused by the coronavirus — is spread from person-to-person through close contact, usually within 6 feet, and mainly via respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. People are likely most contagious when they are most symptomatic. Coronavirus can also be spread by touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
WATCH: Amid Coronavirus Fears, Hundreds Line Up Outside Canyon Country Costco To Stock Up On Supplies – CBS Los Angeles

So this is why you go to your smaller local grocery or hardware store and avoid being in the airspace of 300 angry upset people. !

So this is why you go to your smaller local grocery or hardware store and avoid being in the airspace of 300 angry upset people. !

It's like people get tunnel vision, and can't imagine other stores to visit. The local Dollar General near me is fully stocked with just about everything but hand sanitizer. IMO

Who the heck would take their kids to Disneyland right now anyway?

So many people REFUSE to cancel their spring breaks, they don't want to upset their children.
I get it. No one wants to be the big bad boring adult but it's serious.
An acquaintance of mine held a coronavirus is a HOAX party invited lots of kids over to play with her unvaccinated children ages infant to 12 to her house, then rented a theatre out to prove it's all a hoax.
No one likes to be told what to do. Even if it is wise advice.

I hope Orlando will follow. We have thousands of college students and young adults working at Disney, they are at risk.

If they don't and an employee contracts the virus do to work, Disney will be in the hook for medical care.

This is gonna make them look bad....

Moo
And foreign students who work in Epcot, in their representative country.

Earlier in this thread I posted a statement from Michigan Opera Theatre regarding performances at the Detroit Opera House. That statement indicated that all performances would go on unless otherwise notified. Dance Theatre of Harlem performances scheduled for this weekend have been canceled. Hopefully, if it is deemed unsafe to attend opera or dance events, DH and I will be able to get refunds for our April 5 and April 19 tickets.

DTH Cancelation - Michigan Opera Theatre

Last edited:
Canadian Screen Awards set for March 29 are cancelled due to COVID-19
''TORONTO - The Canadian Screen Awards set for later this month in Toronto have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television says the cancellation affects the broadcast gala scheduled to air on CBC on March 29th as well as all Canadian Screen Week events in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.''

I’m in the UK and around Christmas time there was an awful flu going around. I spent 2 weeks in bed, Christmas was awful. It was all the exact symptoms of Coronavirus, I was given antibiotics for suspected chest infection but they didn’t work, it took me at least 4 weeks to fully recover and the cough lasted even longer. I felt almost as bad then as I did with sepsis 4 years ago, infact that’s why I went to my doctor worried that I had it again due to my high temp and cough, extreme fatigue and weakness. He said it was viral but as a precaution gave me antibiotics as I was so concerned about contracting sepsis again. After taking the full course of medication I felt no better and the symptoms were still there. A lot of people over here had the same illness at the same time. It does make you think.
That's interesting, same kind of flu went round here in Scotland over Christmas too, we both had it, took ages for the cough to go.

Viruses are microscopic organisms that can enter a living host (like you) to live and multiply. Think of them like an unwanted guest that shows up unannounced, moves into your house, eats out of your fridge and begins to reproduce.

When a new virus makes its way into your body, your immune system realises that it’s not part of your normal bodily system, attacks it and tries to kill it. After that, it remembers the virus, so it can get rid of it straight away if it ever comes knocking again.

Just like any living creature, viruses change themselves to survive in their environment. Over time, they change in ways that makes it hard for our immune systems to recognise them. That’s how we end up with new versions of viruses, like this new version of coronavirus. Imagine your unwanted houseguest has come back, but with a wig and new glasses. Your immune system doesn’t recognise it, so it gets in the front door before your immune system realises it should fight it off.

What are the symptoms of novel coronavirus?
When you have a virus, it’s not actually the virus that makes you sick, but your immune system’s efforts to get rid of it. For example, your immune system can raise your body temperature and give you a fever, to make it hot enough to kill a virus. All the hard work your immune system is doing can also use up energy and make you feel tired.

Everyone’s body is different, and because symptoms are caused by your immune system and not the virus itself, different people can have slightly different symptoms when they have the same virus, and some people’s symptoms will be worse than others.
Thanks, i love love love that analogy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member