Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one piece, already posted. Iirc, @SouthAussie posted a similar link. If you google “Biden plan”, “Biden covid”, etc. there will be several results, as he has been talking about Covid being his first priority since day 1. There is endless reference on this, including videos on YT. I have also posted several links on the subject.

The Biden Plan to Combat Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Prepare for Future Global Health Threats

“The Biden Plan calls for:
  • Restoring trust, credibility, and common purpose.
  • Mounting an effective national emergency response that saves lives, protects frontline workers, and minimizes the spread of COVID-19.
  • Eliminating cost barriers for prevention of and care for COVID-19.
  • Pursuing decisive economic measures to help hard-hit workers, families, and small businesses and to stabilize the American economy.
  • Rallying the world to confront this crisis while laying the foundation for the future.“

Yes, there is also the element of offering other housing to medical staff so they can stay separate from their loved ones and not bring home any infection to them.

“Alarming new evidence Covid-19 is racing unchecked through many communities...”

“A record number of Americans are now in the hospital seeking treatment for Covid-19, nearly 70,000 patients from coast to coast...”

Covid-19: U.S. Records 1 Million New Cases in a Week
“The health care system is breaking, literally breaking,” a Biden adviser says. New York City schools remain open, for now.

“The nation’s top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, made it clear on Sunday that President Trump’s coronavirus task force has not been allowed to communicate with President-elect Biden’s transition team, a step that he said was critically important to curbing the pandemic.“

Last edited:

Knowing that many states have low testing on Sundays... we here at WS know that 13 states breaking records is ONLY due to low testing results always happen on Sundays, and smaller on Mondays also. Expected that numbers would be down for all, and surprised that 13 states broke a record on a Sunday MOO.

Yesterday, I woke up and was in tears. I just hate that I have been isolating for so very long, and know what's coming and others don't still. That my ONLY outlet is here at WS, thank goodness for y'all!

The worst part of it is the media is talking about COVID fatigue... but many of us here have been isolating 100% since damn February and live alone. It just hits me sometimes. In the spring, I delivered flowers every single day for months to neighbors to share happiness, see another person, and brighten my day... and now, the flowers are spent... nothing to even go into my garden for except putting it to bed before the freeze.

.... and winter is coming and won't even be able to get outside soon.

Sacramento church holds indoor services despite county’s ‘widespread’ COVID tier

“And on Sunday, there were plenty of people flocking to New Season church in South Sacramento – where religious services were held indoors – even though Sacramento County is now in the purple tier. That means worship services must be held outdoors only – with 100 people or 25% of capacity, whichever is less.

But those restrictions didn’t stop lead Pastor Samuel Rodriguez from allowing worship today inside his church.

Rodriguez told KCRA 3, “Churches are essential. We know how to gather. We are big boys and girls. We know how to be responsible, wearing masks, social distancing, temperature checking. If we can do it at Target, if we can do it at liquor stores, we can do it in God's house.”“

[...]

“I am bothered by our governmental authorities right now with these restrictive measures,” Rodriguez told KCRA 3. “They are not considering the vitality and the necessity of faith communities for such a time as this. So I hope they would reconsider. This to me is precarious, it's not right.”

Rodriguez said he is also considering a legal challenge against the state.“

Knowing that many states have low testing on Sundays... we here at WS know that 13 states breaking records is ONLY due to low testing results always happen on Sundays, and smaller on Mondays also. Expected that numbers would be down for all, and surprised that 13 states broke a record on a Sunday MOO.

Yesterday, I woke up and was in tears. I just hate that I have been isolating for so very long, and know what's coming and others don't still. That my ONLY outlet is here at WS, thank goodness for y'all!

The worst part of it is the media is talking about COVID fatigue... but many of us here have been isolating 100% since damn February and live alone. It just hits me sometimes. In the spring, I delivered flowers every single day for months to neighbors to share happiness, see another person, and brighten my day... and now, the flowers are spent... nothing to even go into my garden for except putting it to bed before the freeze.

.... and winter is coming and won't even be able to get outside soon.

You will always have us .... any time. :)

(And the good thing is us Aussies are up when the US is sleeping.)

Illinois:

Residents prepare for stay-at-home advisories in Chicago, suburban Cook County | WGN-TV

Coronavirus in Illinois updates: 10,631 new confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases and 72 additional deaths reported Sunday

COVID-19 In Chicago: Stay-At-Home Advisory Begins Monday For City; Doctor Weighs In On How It Will Work

Restaurants scramble to winterize outdoor dining amid COVID-19 restrictions

California:

Weekend COVID-19 surge alarms L.A. officials amid talk of curfew, more actions

Officials may propose curfew after weekend COVID-19 surge in L.A. County | KTLA

Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas Says LA County Public Health Could Propose Curfew As Coronavirus Cases Spike Locally

Experts, business owners question California’s shutdown policy amid coronavirus surge | KTLA

LA County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Top 1,000 for First Time in Months

Orange County Likely Returning to Most Restrictive Purple Tier After COVID-19 Cases Jump, County CEO Says

Montana:

National Guard patrols Montana State Prison due to staff COVID cases

“Late last month, Governor Bullock ordered members of the National Guard to assist with duties at the prison because of staffing shortages.“

Montana Doctor Says Hospital Is 'Strapped Thin'

“In response, she says the hospital has multiple or double occupancy, which means more than one patient can be in one room of the ICU. They're also holding ICU patients outside of the normal area.

"Our hospital is strapped thin," she says. "We've come up with great out-of-the-box solutions and we're continuing to be able to care for patients at a very high level. But if the pandemic continues accelerating at the rate it's at, things are going to be getting very, very limited and tough decisions will have to be made."“

Florida:

Florida reports 10,105 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily increase since late July

“Florida ranks third in the nation for total positive COVID-19 cases. Texas leads with over 1.05 million, followed by California with over 1.02 million.

With a population of about 21.5 million, about one in 24 people in the state have now been infected. That number is closer to one in 31 nationally and one in 147 worldwide.“

DeSantis still slow to share White House coronavirus task force report as Florida positive cases climb

Rise in Florida's positivity rate causes long COVID-19 testing lines in Tampa and St. Pete
Nov. 13, 2020

Last edited:
So .... this is what my state is doing. We have 18 cases of community transmission now (likely will rise more). But we are going to jump on it as hard and fast as we can.

At midnight tonight, all these restrictions go in place for at least two weeks - and most states borders will be closed to us for a while.

xx3.JPG

As well, we must work from home if we can, and cancel all unnecessary travel plans, wear masks if on public transport where we can't social distance, and vulnerable people should stay home and avoid visitors.

No-one seems fazed by the restrictions. We have been fortunate enough to have had months of busy-ness. As my DD said "now we can have a rest for a while".

Coronavirus restrictions to be reintroduced in SA from midnight, but no cluster growth

Last edited:
This is terrible, must be every hospitals worst nightmare :(

At least 10 people have been killed and several others seriously injured in a fire at a hospital treating coronavirus patients in Romania, officials say. The blaze broke out in the intensive care unit of the public hospital in the north-eastern city of Piatra Neamt.

One doctor who tried to rescue patients is said to be in a critical condition after suffering serious burns to most of his body. There are other medical staff who suffered burns.

The fire was believed to have spread quickly after it was fed oxygen by the supplies used to intubate patients, the health ministry said.

Covid: Romania hospital blaze kills at least 10 infected patients
The doctor injured in the fire have been transferred to Belgium to be treated for his burns at Queen Astrid military hospital:
Covid: Romania's 'hero' doctor taken to Belgium for treatment for severe burns

The number of Covid-19 cases in my region is beginning to increase and were 1,359 on November 13. The number of deaths are still low, only 19 persons have died.
Information om coronaviruset - Region Blekinge

The Region have introduced stricter regional advice (to the strict advice that Sweden has), for example to not meet other people outside their immediate family; not do any shopping besides food and medicine, an so on. You can find a link to the advice in English at the end of this page:
Skärpta regionala råd om covid-19 i Blekinge - Region Blekinge

COVID In Colorado: Loveland Hospital Implements 'No Visitor' Policy

“LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) – As cases of COVID-19 continue to rise, Banner Health Medical facilities in northern Colorado are moving to a no visitor policy across the board. The decision was made to help protect healthcare workers as well as patients, and will have only three exceptions.“
Haven't hospitals and other medical facilities had a no visitor policy until now!? In my Region the hospitals introduced a no visitor policy at all wards already in March, and at the emergency department only one relative could accompany a patient if they needed help. Now ir's even stricter, now no relatives can follow the patient in to the emergency department, which sometimes can be difficult to tell a relative they have to wait outside, if they have a long way home, and there are nowhere indoors they can go and wait.

So .... this is what my state is doing. We have 18 cases of community transmission now (likely will rise more). But we are going to jump on it as hard and fast as we can.

At midnight tonight, all these restrictions go in place for at least two weeks - and most states borders will be closed to us for a while.

View attachment 272087

As well, we must work from home if we can, and cancel all unnecessary travel plans, wear masks if on public transport where we can't social distance, and vulnerable people should stay home and avoid visitors.

No-one seems fazed by the restrictions. We have been fortunate enough to have had months of busy-ness. As my DD said "now we can have a rest for a while".

Coronavirus restrictions to be reintroduced in SA from midnight, but no cluster growth

These restrictions seem quite reasonable and generous to me. I’m glad no one appears to be resisting them. It is so sensible to get a jump on this low number of cases before it gets out of hand. What a novel idea!

I’m woefully ignorant about the states in Australia, so I thought I’d post this map in case anyone else wants to visualize the relative locations too.

upload_2020-11-16_3-33-23.jpeg

Last edited:
These restrictions seem quite reasonable and generous to me. I’m glad no one appears to be resisting them. It is so sensible to get a jump on this low number of cases before it gets out of hand. What a novel idea!

I’m woefully ignorant about the states in Australia, so I thought I’d post this map in case anyone else wants to visualize the relative locations too.

View attachment 272093

My city - Adelaide - is on the coast of the light blue state. This is where the outbreak is at the moment ... although the cluster is primarily about 45km (28 miles) away from me. On the other side of the city.
They are genomically testing, but they are pretty sure that the virus comes from a returning citizen. With the infected source being a cleaner at a city medi hotel.

My city - Adelaide - is on the coast of the light blue state. This is where the outbreak is at the moment ... although the cluster is primarily about 45km (28 miles) away from me. On the other side of the city.
They are genomically testing, but they are pretty sure that the virus comes from a returning citizen. With the infected source being a cleaner at a city medi hotel.

I’m amazed at the efficiency in tracking this down! I hope the cases remain manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member