Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart-stopping indeed! And then Atlas walks it back and said he was just taking about voting. That isn’t what certain militants hear IMO. How is this different from the “Liberate Michigan” tweet that inspired the kidnap plot?

Well since voting is over- there is no other interpretation of his words than the one that most people hear loud and clear!

Illinois:

Residents prepare for stay-at-home advisories in Chicago, suburban Cook County | WGN-TV

Coronavirus in Illinois updates: 10,631 new confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases and 72 additional deaths reported Sunday

COVID-19 In Chicago: Stay-At-Home Advisory Begins Monday For City; Doctor Weighs In On How It Will Work

Restaurants scramble to winterize outdoor dining amid COVID-19 restrictions

Florida. grrrr. grrrr. double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

California:

Weekend COVID-19 surge alarms L.A. officials amid talk of curfew, more actions

Officials may propose curfew after weekend COVID-19 surge in L.A. County | KTLA

Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas Says LA County Public Health Could Propose Curfew As Coronavirus Cases Spike Locally

Experts, business owners question California’s shutdown policy amid coronavirus surge | KTLA

LA County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Top 1,000 for First Time in Months

Orange County Likely Returning to Most Restrictive Purple Tier After COVID-19 Cases Jump, County CEO Says

Montana:

National Guard patrols Montana State Prison due to staff COVID cases

“Late last month, Governor Bullock ordered members of the National Guard to assist with duties at the prison because of staffing shortages.“

Montana Doctor Says Hospital Is 'Strapped Thin'

“In response, she says the hospital has multiple or double occupancy, which means more than one patient can be in one room of the ICU. They're also holding ICU patients outside of the normal area.

"Our hospital is strapped thin," she says. "We've come up with great out-of-the-box solutions and we're continuing to be able to care for patients at a very high level. But if the pandemic continues accelerating at the rate it's at, things are going to be getting very, very limited and tough decisions will have to be made."“

Florida:

Florida reports 10,105 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily increase since late July

“Florida ranks third in the nation for total positive COVID-19 cases. Texas leads with over 1.05 million, followed by California with over 1.02 million.

With a population of about 21.5 million, about one in 24 people in the state have now been infected. That number is closer to one in 31 nationally and one in 147 worldwide.“

DeSantis still slow to share White House coronavirus task force report as Florida positive cases climb

Rise in Florida's positivity rate causes long COVID-19 testing lines in Tampa and St. Pete
Nov. 13, 2020

I find it utterly irresponsible that a doctor on the WH pandemic task force would send out a tweet like this after the governor of a state is trying to control the spread/deaths/hospitalizations/stress on medical professionals.

Scott Atlas: Trump coronavirus adviser urges Michigan to 'rise up' against new Covid-19 measures - CNNPolitics

White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Scott Atlas criticized Michigan's new Covid-19 restrictionsin a tweet shortly after they were announced Sunday evening, urging people to "rise up" against the new public health measures.

"The only way this stops is if people rise up," Atlas said. "You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp"

I find it utterly irresponsible that a doctor on the WH pandemic task force would send out a tweet like this after the governor of a state is trying to control the spread/deaths/hospitalizations/stress on medical professionals.

Scott Atlas: Trump coronavirus adviser urges Michigan to 'rise up' against new Covid-19 measures - CNNPolitics

White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Scott Atlas criticized Michigan's new Covid-19 restrictionsin a tweet shortly after they were announced Sunday evening, urging people to "rise up" against the new public health measures.

"The only way this stops is if people rise up," Atlas said. "You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp"

Yes, it is even more than irresponsible. To try to get people to rise up and not fight the virus that is killing so many.

"COVID-19 is the enemy, not each other. Stop pitting Americans against each other and start supporting policies proven to effectively fight the virus."

Last edited:
Well since voting is over- there is no other interpretation of his words than the one that most people hear loud and clear!

Exactly. Such a lame excuse.

It’s especially irresponsible knowing that men have been arrested for plotting to kidnap and harm Governor Whitmer. How could he say something to incite more plots against her?! I wonder why Michigan’s governor is such a target and not Oregon’s and other governors who are women. Governor Brown here in Oregon has put many restrictions in place over the course of the pandemic and has been critical of the administration’s response to Oregon’s needs.

Exactly. Such a lame excuse.

It’s especially irresponsible knowing that men have been arrested for plotting to kidnap and harm Governor Whitmer. How could he say something to incite more plots against her?! I wonder why Michigan’s governor is such a target and not Oregon’s and other governors who are women. Governor Brown here in Oregon has put many restrictions in place over the course of the pandemic and has been critical of the administration’s response to Oregon’s needs.

It seems to me that Trump has had a particular strong dislike for Whitmer and has expressed same on many occasions. He has also expressed that same dislike for Cuomo to the point he has suggested he won't release vaccines to New York!!!!

Knowing that many states have low testing on Sundays... we here at WS know that 13 states breaking records is ONLY due to low testing results always happen on Sundays, and smaller on Mondays also. Expected that numbers would be down for all, and surprised that 13 states broke a record on a Sunday MOO.

Yesterday, I woke up and was in tears. I just hate that I have been isolating for so very long, and know what's coming and others don't still. That my ONLY outlet is here at WS, thank goodness for y'all!

The worst part of it is the media is talking about COVID fatigue... but many of us here have been isolating 100% since damn February and live alone. It just hits me sometimes. In the spring, I delivered flowers every single day for months to neighbors to share happiness, see another person, and brighten my day... and now, the flowers are spent... nothing to even go into my garden for except putting it to bed before the freeze.

.... and winter is coming and won't even be able to get outside soon.
Unfortunately, I can relate to you so know you're not alone. For several reasons, yesterday was one of the hardest days I've had so far. I recognized and knew my emotional state was out of line for any/all combined issues that were going on yesterday. I am just SO tired of all this.

Michigan has a very similar per capita case rate to Florida. Yet we have had more restrictions. And new ones now. Mr. Pirate and I don’t go anywhere or see people. Grocery pick up. I am convinced it keeps us safe.
How do I argue with family that sees these stats and questions if restrictions work?
COVID-19 Cases, Deaths, and Trends in the US | CDC COVID Data Tracker

Last edited:
WASHINGTON

Inslee announces statewide restrictions for four-weeks | Governor Jay Inslee
The restrictions are statewide and will take effect Monday, November 16 at 11:59 PM and will remain in effect until Monday, December 14. The modified restrictions of restaurants, however, will take effect Wednesday, November 18 at 12:01 AM.

To help mitigate financial impacts on businesses and their employees, the state will commit $50 million in aid. In the short term, the state is commuting $20 million be dedicated to cash assistance targeted directly to hardest hit industries. Remaining funds will be focused on supporting recovery efforts through business loans. Additional details are forthcoming.

Inslee announces statewide restrictions for four-weeks

1*5esAZG4bc8AozUb6I1Cw_g.jpeg

1*er43s3t5-QG02JTj_MwKsA.jpeg

1*4DvVvmtfg3cgMwaSsT44zw.jpeg

1*mV9PCj0sK-a54BtVGHLU-g.jpeg

1*DIO3E0j3IpA0AB_CQEnYmA.jpeg

Attachments

• Proclamation by Gov Inslee_20-25.8.pdf
    255.3 KB · Views: 0
The global community is missing the chance to end the "modern tragedy" of tuberculosis, the biggest infectious killer, experts said Monday, warning how Earth's other pandemic will worsen during COVID-19.

The fight against tuberculosis -- a respiratory disease that is preventable and treatable yet kills more than 1.4 million people every year -- is chronically underfunded, with diagnosis and treatment failing to reach millions.

The Stop TB Partnership (STBP) said many high-incidence countries were still treating patients with outdated methods, and warned that the progress made in slowing TB's spread would be undermined by the Covid-19 pandemic.

"TB remains the top infectious disease killer, even though it is preventable and curable," said STBP executive director Lucica Ditiu.
Coronavirus crippling fight against other pandemic: tuberculosis

Last March, as the coronavirus was tearing across Spain, Lídia Bayona Gómez started to suffer bouts of vomiting and coughing.

A nursing home worker, she treated herself as a potential Covid-19 case, isolating and getting herself tested. The results came back negative, twice. With her weight dropping and her urine turning red, she made repeated attempts to see a doctor and in late April, on a phone consult, one told her to stay home and prescribed medicine for gastroenteritis and a urinary tract infection.

But the pain kept getting worse and in late June, her sister took her to an emergency hospital unit. In mid-July, she underwent a 12-hour surgery to remove two cancerous tumors, one from an ovary and the other from the bile ducts. She died in the hospital nine days later, at age 53.

It was not an isolated tragedy.

Hospitals and other health care centers have been forced to devote most of their resources to Covid-19 patients, and doctors are warning that a growing number of cases of cancer and other serious illnesses are going undetected, which could end up costing many more lives. That toll is beginning to be reflected in lawsuits.
Spain’s Other Covid Casualties: Undetected Cancer Cases

I've noticed more empty grocery shelves again, and I hope it's just a temporary situation. But, if this Trucker Strike gets off the ground later this month, I think it could really hurt supply lines during this pandemic. I wish the truckers would wait until we get a handle on this virus before they strike. I know they're upset but this doesn't seem like the time to strike. JMOO

more at links

Massachusetts DPH considers implementing digital COVID-19 contact tracing system

Massachusetts is considering using Bluetooth signals on mobile devices to track and warn people who are exposed to someone infected with the coronavirus.

The state Department of Public Health is seeking bidders to help pilot digital contact tracing efforts to see how effective it is and whether the pilot shows any privacy or security flaws, according to a Request for Response published Friday. The state is seeking bidders for three programs under the “Exposure Notification Application Project.”

Ticketmaster technology would tie ticket purchase to COVID-19 test
On the heels of the Pfizer announcement of its effective COVID-19 vaccine last week, Billboard reported that ticketing giant Ticketmaster was developing technology that would tie a ticket purchase to proof of vaccination.

The technology requires a partner with a third-party health provider and is still in the development phase.

In theory, a fan attending a concert could be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test in order to get access to an event.

Our last 'clean' state border to open is now opening ..... it has been closed to all other states for 7 months.
(I think Victoria's border may still be closed due to the 2nd wave they had.)
Strict requirements for entry - G2G paperwork, temperature checks, pop up covid clinics at their airport.

Perth Airport was filled with hugs, kisses and family reunions today.

It comes after Western Australia's hard borders were finally eased, seven months after they were cut off from the rest of the nation, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Hundreds of families reunited at Perth Airport — with 11 plane loads of passengers — touching down from across the country.
They are expecting 1500 arrivals from interstate tomorrow and by weeks end around 4000 will enter the state.

Families reunited as Western Australia's hard border comes down

Didn’t last long though...are you in partial lockdown where you are now SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown