Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #10 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Here is the news report from inside the MIRA facility to explain what LE is searching. It appears the MIRA staff segregated the trash from the area that LE was interested in searching and that is what the workers have been searching through 12-15 hrs a day for weeks now. It looks to be meticulous and tedious work but everyone appears to be dedicated and focused on the task at hand.
    A Look Inside the MIRA Trash Facility, Dulos Search Continues

2. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

You ask an interesting question about whether it makes a difference to get a loan from a family member or a bank or private investor. IMO the source of funding can have some bearing on the overall situation as I'm not sure most family loans would be 'arms length' or involve much due diligence that would be part and parcel of private equity investment or typical real esate transaction IMO.

JD father was in the financial world and was no doubt saavy and sophisticated about many things but I wonder how much he knew about residential real estate development in suburban CT or even Hartford area? Would he have questioned putting up a $4-5 million house in Farmington when a local lender might have seen this as a red flag and deep sixed the loan request? IDK but we do know that Fore Group is sitting on a bunch of white elephant houses in Farmington and to sell them will no doubt involve taking healthy haircuts to the selling prices IMO. I wonder if some people would be reluctant to bid at this point at any price on the houses in the portfolio due to the notoriety of the developer? The NC house has been subject to alot of adverse press and I wonder in the slow real estate market how much it could sell for these days? 1/2 of the list perhaps? IDK but given there are so many houses on the market why step up for one tainted by press or that could have been a key location in a murder?

IMO had FD been financed by a typical bank loan it would have been unlikely that he would be sitting on 6 or more unsold properties today as funds to develop new properties would not be forthcoming without prior inventory being reduced/eliminated. Having a FIL self fund the development most likely didn't involve alot of scrutiny and oversight IMO for the most part. We know FIL died in 2017 and the Fore Group property portfolio hasn't shown much change since that time other than the Hemlock Hill property that was discussed in the prior thread. I also think the level of oversight involved in a bank or private equity transaction would have been totally different than the FIL route. I could have seen the FIL funding route to build a track record as a new developer but most serious developers would have moved on to other types of funding IMO over time. So, to me the fact that FD stayed with the FIL financing indicated either a lack of confidence in obtaining outside funding or some other financial game in play that we don't yet fully understand. I hope LE/FBI financial crimes group is looking into the overall Fore Group books and records as we know Family Court was unsuccessful in this regard.

3. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I agree with you. FD no doubt was smart enough to figure out how to spend the least amount of money possible to create a massive structure and sell it (or try to sell it) for the most money possible IMO. The houses have the appearance of being expensive but aren't of the highest level of construction so his margins most likely were high. You combine the construction cost savings with his nickel and diming people that were foolish enough to sign a contract with Fore Group and there was a good amount of money flowing through the Fore Group. Where the money all went is not certain at this point but its no doubt safe and in the control of FD or perhaps MT?

4. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Yes, you are correct! But the NYP article alluded to JD working on an autobiography of sorts. Wonder if we will see this introduced into evidence sooner rather than later? Looks like the GF legal team and friends are sharpening their claws IMO and this NYP scoop could be just the beginning of their campaign to bury FD once and for all!

5. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

My bet is that the safety plan was in action that day as the checkin's from friends had gone unanswered and the nanny was well aware of what was going on and secured the children with the person that could protect them. JD seemed to have a strong friend group around her and no doubt had people checking on her or she would check in with specific people to make sure all was well. JD knew she and her children weren't safe and so she probably created as many ways to check in with outsiders during the day as she could all while trying to not scare the children.

6. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this point. Why is Pattis permitted to taint the pool in a very small state and the judge does zero to silence the situation? Also, why has the States Atty not filed to gag Pattis? Judges are sadly appointed in CT but the Judge that heard the last bail hearing has more on the ball than many of the judges in his peer group IMO. But I agree that something needs to be done quickly.

7. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

He has an Masters in Finance. He worked as a consultant for Ernst and Young prior to leaving to start Fore Group.

spaz1959, Alice253 and peace9274 like this.
  8. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Agree! The cameras caputured details on the truck and about the people in the truck and I'm also not convinced LE disclosed all that they had from the cameras but rather just enough for purposes of the warrant.

9. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Yes, agree with you here and we have the statement from the arrest warrant that MT is NOT cooperating with the investigation. I believe that her choice to not assist from the earliest possible time to find JD will cost her extra jail time. The lack of cooperation choice she made then required LE to file for warrants which took possibly 3-4 extra days. The earliest days in a missing case are hugely valuable which FD and MT no doubt knew. And knowing this what did they both do? Wasted time and didn't cooperate. Not the mark of innocents IMO based on watching cases play out many times before this one!

10. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Albany is not 4 miles long and the names of the streets in the Arrest Warrant don't appear to be correct either. Could have been mistakes but it was surprising to see street names incorrectly listed.

Alkali13 and peace9274 like this.
  11. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Clear cache on your computer and you should be ok with the paywall.

spaz1959 likes this.
  12. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I think Pattis is bringing up the 'old' novel to deflect from whatever is in the 'new autobiography' that was referenced in NYP article. Would think that FD would not be happy about the 'new autobiography' IMO.

13. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

No, we don't yet know but have been speculating!

spaz1959 and peace9274 like this.
  14. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

I don't think a gated community would have stopped a determined killer. There just might have been more obstacles in the way to achieving the goal but JD would still have been missing had she lived in Greenwich or even possibly NYC.

We don't know about the camera situation at the rental house but my guess is that cameras did exist. We also don't know if FD planted a hidden camera at the JD residence in order to follow her movements. My guess is that he did something of the sort. We also don't know if FD had any secret means to communicate with the children in order to circumvent the courts orders. Wouldn't be surprised to see any/all of these items discussed in the future as we learn more about the case.

8paws, peace9274, Chloe_ee and 2 others like this.
  15. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Niece (sisters daughter).

16. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

The house had a security system based on pictures available when the house was for sale. We don't know about cameras being part of the security system but I would be surprised if there were no cameras as many in NC have them as part of their system or separately and backed up to the cloud.

Chloe_ee, spaz1959 and girlhasnoname like this.
  17. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

There appeared to be a full house security system based on pictures of the rental house posted up thread. We don't know if there were cameras as part of the system.

Simply Southern and spaz1959 like this.
  18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’ve seen this a couple times and meant to copy the post saying Albany is not 4 miles - it’s up thread- what part is wrong ? Thanks

Alkali13, LittleBitty and spaz1959 like this.
  20. spaz1959

spaz1959 Well-Known Member

Welcome back afitzy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.