Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

A mere tiff. KC made JB sick to his stomach, that's all.

JB saw KC's other side, her spiteful temper when she forced him to do KC's pre-memorial press release. JB had a profound moment, a realization.

Perhaps this is just another form of denial on the KC front ... I mean maybe she is/has been pouting about not getting her way ie: Caylee's Remains. This was the ONLY time she has ever felt compelled to make a statement since her arrest, and it was the ONLY time Jose has obbliged. Me thinks they are simply at odds and she has been refusing his visits (witholding from) just as she has done with her family.
I don't think JB's statement to the public/press regarding what his client's wishes for the remains was authentic. I doubt seriously if she had any thoughts on the matter and even if she did, I doubt JB would announce her thoughts. I think he said what he wanted to project from the defense. However, I do think they are at odds. She may honestly want to talk to her brother or father and he won't let her. She may have heard Lee loud and clear and want to see him. JB is going to do things his way. Refusing to see her may be his way of letting her know this.

Wow that is very interesting, to say the least. Has there ever been this long a time between visits before? And the poster who wondered if it was because of the riff between JB and Todd B. - another WOW. this will be something to keep a close eye on for the next few days.

NYC and Conneticut hmmm

Alot a folk certainly own (or lease) homes in both States ... Does Geraldo have a *port of call* in CT ?

Oh the speculation! My mind is growing new nerves as we speak lol

Could he be trying to make casey so angry she insists on different counsel? Can she do this and wouldn't this be an easy exit for him?

WHy not? IMO, he has tried everything else to get her to ask for a new lawyer. I really think he want's out of this case.

I read in the Astrology thread that she was throwing Cheetos and Toast at the bars of her cell...
LMAO! She might want to pick those Cheetos back up. After tomorrows doc dump and bad press, it might be a while before she can afford another bag!

Could he be trying to make casey so angry she insists on different counsel? Can she do this and wouldn't this be an easy exit for him?

...... or pressing the need to seek a plea deal?

I am thinking these new "stomach issues" are going to be his out. He knows he is in over his head and being sick is a good excuse to bail without looking like he is abandoning his client.

Could KC be refusing his visit because she is pissed at him?

:woohoo: I bet Casey is fit to be tied. She shouldn't look at this in a negative light. She should look at the total isolation as a practice run for life in prison. I wouldn't wanna be JB though, she will probably rip him a new one. Ha Ha, she can't even call or text to see where the heck he is. :clap::behindbar:behindbar

OMG!! That is histerical and so true..

LMAO! She might want to pick those Cheetos back up. After tomorrows doc dump and bad press, it might be a while before she can afford another bag!
But... she's too angry to swallow!

...... or pressing the need to seek a plea deal?

Cyberborg, I think this could be a very good explaination! Get it over and done with and he will have plenty of time to make his fortune selling his books about the "tot mom".
:clap::clap::clap:

My theory is that Baez is very sick...Could be the flu? Or stress? And had to take a step back somewhat...to study the doc dump?

I think they'll probably still be on the tv shows-- unless the new media advisor tells them to adopt a new strategy. But I do think the attys from the Baez law firm have seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time at the jail with Casey. Who on earth can afford to pay 200-400$ an hour just to watch youtubed Nancy Grace episodes with their lawyer? It seems like a lot of Casey's atty visits were occurring during critical times (george's hospitalization/the memorial/late at night, etc.) and to me, it looked more like Buddy Time/Babysitting Casey than standard atty/client meetings for the purpose of trial preparation.

If the new docs have info that was distressing enough to send JB to the hospital, now is the time they should be meeting and working hard on the case-- more than ever. If JB is disgusted or personally alarmed by new revelations, I don't think he'd stop visiting her for trial prep. And if he's too sick to visit, you'd think the other lawyers from his firm (who also visited Casey a LOT) would still be visiting during JB's illness.

To me, it's either a $ thing or Casey is pouting and refusing visits for whatever reason?

I agree on all points. It has seemed to date to be much more often a baby-sitting engagement than trial prep. Also, I would also think that now would be a key time for additional prep, especially if there are any bombshell results int he discovery release.

Let me toss this additional thought out there: is it possible that something in KC's response or lack thereof during the memorial could have disgusted or alarmed JB, too? Might there have been an exchange that even a defense lawyer should not have heard/seen?

Just asking.

Personally, I am beginning to think that this is a combination of many of the things being discussed: the money possibly drying up, the physical effects on JB, the controversy surrounding JB's association with PCM and possible additional investigations, KC's petulance, etc.

The cumulative effects might just be pointing towards a defense team change for lead chair sooner than we think.

maybe she decided to defend herself? hey, stranger things have been known to happen.

NYC and Conneticut hmmm

Alot a folk certainly own (or lease) homes in both States ... Does Geraldo have a *port of call* in CT ?

Oh the speculation! My mind is growing new nerves as we speak lol

Rivera lives in a three-house compound in Riverside, New Jersey. He also owns a federally-protected island off the coast of Puerto Rico. (For environmental purposes, Rivera's residence is a three-story "floating home," powered by generators and docked next to the island.) He also has a summer estate in Marion, Mass., near Cape Cod, that features a helipad.

maybe she decided to defend herself? :bang:hey, stranger things have been known to happen.
From your mouth to God's Ears... we need a cross-your-fingers smilie!

I don't think JB's statement to the public/press regarding what his client's wishes for the remains was authentic. I doubt seriously if she had any thoughts on the matter and even if she did, I doubt JB would announce her thoughts. I think he said what he wanted to project from the defense. However, I do think they are at odds. She may honestly want to talk to her brother or father and he won't let her. She may have heard Lee loud and clear and want to see him. JB is going to do things his way. Refusing to see her may be his way of letting her know this.

Although I disagree with her not having much or anything to do with the released statement. I whole heartedly agree that Jose staying away is his best chance at helping his client, as well as showing her the boundries of Atty / Client relationships.

I feel KC thought her press release was her only chance to ever speak for herself, in her own words, as this was probably the only thing Jose would allow (and maybe they agreed) and furthermore gain her some sympathy ... not that she deserves it, but I can see her thinking that staement would gain her some ... laughable yes, but very KC-like.

That is another very good piece of this puzzle to throw in the ring for consideration. Good thinking.

On the reverse, she may be refusing to see the defense team if she doesn't get her way.

Does the visitor list show entries for people who attempt to visit and are denied?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back