Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

Any of our Legal Eagles know if she is allowed to make phone calls to her attorney?

If so, would those phone calls be logged but not recorded?

Your Honor, this trial is a huge waste!

KC: "Your honor, I am absolutely innocent and I did not kill that child, putting me in jail would be a waste, a huge waste! I love that child. Some other nanny did it (SONDI). The Defense rests."

Rivera lives in a three-house compound in Riverside, New Jersey. He also owns a federally-protected island off the coast of Puerto Rico. (For environmental purposes, Rivera's residence is a three-story "floating home," powered by generators and docked next to the island.) He also has a summer estate in Marion, Mass., near Cape Cod, that features a helipad.
You know I had read that awhile back...what's interesting is that Riverside is very far from NY...and just does not make for an easy commute. FWIW

Not sure about this, but where is it "written" the amount of times and hours spent with a client per week an attorney has to "serve and/or counsel". I know my best friend, an attorney, only goes to the jail twice a month and a day or two prior to the trial to see his clients. All his work is about completed by the time he does see his client before trial.

I simply see a change in visitation habits, a serious change in routine is happening and to me it doesn't appear to be in the good column either. I could care less whether KC is getting irritated or whatever with JB or whomever. She will be an attitude adjustment if she expects to survive in pink cuffs for the rest of her natural life.

Baez may well want out. Now is a good time to get that old hernia repaired! The hemmorhoids ligated! The old prostate issues resolved! What do you say, Baez? It might be your best bet to scoot out on medical issues. Run boy, run!

I bet old KC is jonesing for JB to come and visit. She is used to seeing him a lot and no visitor at all will be a bit much for her I think.

Minor point, but it's actually been 7 days, right? Defense was with her during the memorial.

This is going to be an interesting statement, in my opinion. I wonder if JB is going to back off this quickly?

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Linda Kenney Baden are set to release a statement once the discovery is released tomorrow morning. (From Stacey Newman, Nancy Grace Producer)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/NGfindcayleeblog/index.html

Anybody think that Jose drank the koolaid and with the docs from last week had a very rude awakening? Maybe he realizes he was played. I doubt KC is preparing him for any "bombshells" that may be coming.

I think they'll probably still be on the tv shows-- unless the new media advisor tells them to adopt a new strategy. But I do think the attys from the Baez law firm have seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time at the jail with Casey. Who on earth can afford to pay 200-400$ an hour just to watch youtubed Nancy Grace episodes with their lawyer? It seems like a lot of Casey's atty visits were occurring during critical times (george's hospitalization/the memorial/late at night, etc.) and to me, it looked more like Buddy Time/Babysitting Casey than standard atty/client meetings for the purpose of trial preparation.

If the new docs have info that was distressing enough to send JB to the hospital, now is the time they should be meeting and working hard on the case-- more than ever. If JB is disgusted or personally alarmed by new revelations, I don't think he'd stop visiting her for trial prep. And if he's too sick to visit, you'd think the other lawyers from his firm (who also visited Casey a LOT) would still be visiting during JB's illness.

To me, it's either a $ thing or Casey is pouting and refusing visits for whatever reason?

Personally, I think JB thought he was going to win this case and be a big shot defense attorney, but it's become apparent that he can't win...so why spend the big bucks on a losing cause..especially if the above speculation about the deep pockets pulling back? My guess is he will find a way to pull out soon...possibly due to a medical condition. I thought it was strange wording that he checked himself into the hospital...doesn't a doctor usually check you in?

I think you're looking at the beginning of the end for the current defense team and (keeping figures crossed) I could only hope that she would try and defend herself.

I think JB has tried to make this the celebrity circus that it has become. He was trying to build the OJ dream team hoping that all the spin and glitz would detract from all the damning evidence against his client. The big difference is that KC is not a celebrity. She's a 22 y/o slacker, punk kid who murdered her own child. This strategy was never going to work because nobody really gives a carp about KC. Everyone that is getting involved on the defense side is doing it for the publicity.

Now, as more and more evidence is coming out about what a hideous monster this chick is, they're starting to realize that their on a sinking ship. I think JB is sending KC a message that he's not going to put up with her prima donna chit anymore that she's just another client. I'm sure the funds are drying up and he see's that his career is going to get flushed down the toilet. Then again, he only has himself to blame.

This part of that news really stuck out with me, too. I'm sure there has to be some reason why the sudden distance between them. If I'm counting correctly, that would put his last visit to Casey on the day of the memorial. Hmmm.

I wonder how 'beautiful' is dealing with not having any visitors.

"Beautiful" might just BREAK DOWN and call her parents if Jose doesn't show up soon...either one of the Joses.

Could it be that the DP may be back on the table and he knows that he will have to step aside and the idea of not being in the spotlight was more than he could take?

Anybody think that Jose drank the koolaid and with the docs from last week had a very rude awakening? Maybe he realizes he was played. I doubt KC is preparing him for any "bombshells" that may be coming.

I'm sorry, but if she was able to PLAY HIM then he's stupid! Just my opinion...Casey is no genius and all red flags, evidence, and signs point to her being the perp. She'd have to be a magician or a genius to be able to play Baez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back