Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

I'm too tired to get into a debate but I hafta say that 1 friggin' grin or smirk behind his hand by Jeff Ashton does NOT compare to the nasty underhanded tactics the DT resorted too. Oh wait, in Mr. Cheney Mason's case that would be more of an overhand tactic, using his middle finger of course :rolleyes:
Real classy move , CM.

I can hear FCA wailing like a spoiled child because she's not famous and every one hates her and she hasn't made any money on this whole thing, yada, yada, yada, and while we think of her and her "fisties of fury" we can just say, "hey, would someone slap a diaper on CM?" He has become quite the cry baby himself. This is all about money. They think they "won" so they should be getting book and movie deals etc. They underestimated the public to understand that the bigger issue is that Caylee died.

Umm ... Not sue if you have "inside" info or not but seem extremely out of touch with the whole process and legalities about Ashton's book ...
I find the statement :
“I think it is time that Lawson Lamar’s office ACCEPTS the fact that they LOST this case.”
~Cheney Maason~
to be nothing more than sour grapes ... Mason obviously worked this case pro bono for alterior motives and not to help KC ... And as far as I can tell, Lamar has NOT made public statemtents or written a book so I'm thinking Cheney is way off base ...
“I think it is time that Lawson Lamar’s office ACCEPTS the fact that they LOST this case.”
~Cheney Maason~
As far as poor little man Jose ... he seems to forget his media campaign throughout the case, slamming LE, SA office, OSCO, FBI, the state's experts and the list goes on and on ... and these were all slanderous remarks to the press and anyone who would listen to him ...

“Having read several of the comments Mr. Ashton makes in his new book, I am both surprised and somewhat disappointed he has chosen to attack me on a personal level. Without going into specific detail, I will say only that many of his accusations are absolutely false. I take my responsibilities to the court very seriously and I have been careful to always conduct myself in a professional manner. This was an extraordinarily complicated case and so much of what happened behind the scenes has not yet been made public. When I decide to tell my story, you can be certain I will not be personally attacking Mr. Ashton.”
~Jose Baez~

This is just BS and and sour grapes ... and by the time Jose decides to tell his story ... no one will believe it, no one will be interested ... no one wants to hear anymore lies and accusations from little Jose ... and if I remember, he has some bar complaints and contempt charges himself he'll be facing ...

It's comical that Foghorn and his little buddy Jose are overly concerned about Jeff's book ... it's obvious it hit a nerve ...
But hey, Jeff, wasn't standing on the steps of the courthouse and trashing the defense team, accusing them of all sorts of legitimate wrong doings ...

Reading this today, made me laugh ... it's really getting to them ...

Can't wait to see what happens after Dr G's show in Jan ...

:great:
BBM in blue
That just tickled me :giggle:

It looks like the DT needs to take their little "cash cow" in their arms and "cry...and cry...and cry" over the unfairness that nobody cares what they have to say at this point!!! Here's a tissue for your troubles, sir!! GMAB!!!

I don't understand why Mason would be upset that Ashton mentioned Casey Anthony's evaluations in his book. He knows that the only reason they were sealed was to ensure that the jury pool wasn't further tainted and he knows that this is no longer an issue. He knows that Ashton had permission from the judge to discuss the information providing he relied on memory and notes as a source. Why is Mason pursuing this? Are there no new cases to be defended in Florida so he's stuck on the case that was over six months ago? I just don't get it. What does he hope to achieve ... does he want a cut of the proceeds of the book?

I think most people mean offender, but there are so many Os that could go there. Odious, outcast and obnoxious, for instance.

BTW, I love your little Shiba in your avi. So adorable!

This is why I usually use FCA - some people mean Felon. Not me. It's a perfect opportunity for me to use a different "F Word" before her name any time that I have to use it. :innocent:

Hey, maybe if she hadn't accused her father of raping her in the mornings while she waited for the school bus,she wouldn't be alone this Christmas.

How true...and to take that further, if she hadn't murdered her baby she wouldn't be alone this Christmas.

Where did I insult anyone? Just merely stated a fact; Ashton co-authored his book. Seeing how quickly after the trial the book was finished, I, as a tax paying Floridian, am glad he had had some one co-author it. My mind is at ease that he didn't devote trial time to guaranteeing him future income, that he was devoted 100% to getting Casey Anthony convicted. By the way, how did that work out for him?

really? to insult someone b/c they chose to use a co-author?

i do believe JA stated in their book that he was thankful for LP assisting with putting his thoughts together cohesively (paraphrased). he was awesome in his prosecution of KC so we all know he doesn't have articulation or logic or reasoning issues. some of the things mentioned in his book -- his thought process-- BLEW ME AWAY! so what if he had help putting it all together? doesn't make him ANY LESS of an author. HIS NAME is ON A BOOK !!!:woohoo:

btw, links re: benefits of co-authorship :rocker:

http://productivewriters.com/2010/11/15/writer-co-author-coauthoring-reasons/

http://www.sellingbooks.com/working-with-a-co-author/

http://www.ebookauthoracademy.com/public/Six_Ways_to_Publish_Your_Book__Part_5__Coauthor.cfm

Yep.....crushed. GA and his attorney had it crushed. JA claims the carpeting still smelled of decomp after 3 years so IMO the car did, too. Hard to believe those jurors were in the room with the carpet sample and could not smell that carpeting. JA claims the carpet still smelled like decomposition. jmo

Yep. It still seems unfair that the jury was allowed to hold, examine and smell the Velveeta wrapper but not the carpet. I never understood that. Anyone? Weren't they turning themselves into witnesses (the argument against smelling the carpet) by smelling the wrapper as much as they would have by smelling the carpet?

Where did I insult anyone? Just merely stated a fact; Ashton co-authored his book. Seeing how quickly after the trial the book was finished, I, as a tax paying Floridian, am glad he had had some one co-author it. My mind is at ease that he didn't devote trial time to guaranteeing him future income, that he was devoted 100% to getting Casey Anthony convicted. By the way, how did that work out for him?

I think it worked out well for KC (well, sort of), Caylee.....not so much. This was about getting justice for the victum after all, not JA personally. KC has to live with what she has done. She did serve time and may not have served as much as she deserved on the fraud charges but leopards rarely change their spots. If we heard the last of her....good for her but if not, time will eventuallly catch up. It always does. jmo

Here's hoping that JA files a response to CMs motion today! Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

I'm confused about your anger over Mr Ashton's book. I'm not so confused over the defense team's anger, they won their case, did their job and now are a bit green over the public's anger. Their job was Casey Anthony, the public didn't care as much about her as we do about Caylee. That makes perfect sense. But what doesn't make sense to me is why people are up in arms over a book but felt the defense media tours were A-Ok. You cannot be okay with the too many to count times the defense team members went a slammin' all over the airwaves yet then turn around and spit nails over Mr Ashton's book.

Yes, Casey is a free woman, able to pick up her life where she left off. Why not just savor that?

on an aside, it makes me think "hmmm" that none of these defense team members have stepped up to help any other poor clients in Florida. There are plenty of cases that need pro-bono attys. why aren't they continuing their good works?

Yep. It still seems unfair that the jury was allowed to hold, examine and smell the Velveeta wrapper but not the carpet. I never understood that. Anyone? Weren't they turning themselves into witnesses (the argument against smelling the carpet) by smelling the wrapper as much as they would have by smelling the carpet?

JA claimed the other night here on WS's that the carpet went into the jury room with them and they never touched it. Even in the bag it still smelled. Maybe they came to a fast decision because every once in awhile they could smell it. Amazing, isn't it. jmo

IMO I see it's working out very well for Ashton. Then agan, the truth always comes out on top regardless.
This wasn't about FCA, none of it was or is. It is & always has been about aa innocent baby girl who's life was snuffed out by the one she trusted most.
This was about JA fighting for Caylee's justice when no one else in the clan would.
IMO regardless of the outcome of this trial, he came out shining for Caylee.

How did it work out for JA? Despite his disappointment with a jury that only cared about movies, snacks and cruises while he was fighting for a murdered child, I'm glad to say I think it's working well for JA personally, even though I suspect he'd trade a lot of it to have seen real justice in this case. The public knows the difference in innocence and not guilty and remembers that what matters is not winning or losing, it's how you play the game. He is respected and admired for his work on the case, is seen as having been a champion for Caylee, has a best selling book, a media tour speaking to full houses, and has sold rights to a movie based on his book. Has a lovely family supporting him, and I'm guessing his professional future looks pretty bright, IMO.

OTOH, FCA and her DT can't seem to get anyone intere$ted in them. She is basically a pariah in society with no family to turn to, but a whole slew of people lining up in court to sue her. JB has never had any standing to speak of, but now he is basically a laughing stock who can only depend on his buddy Geraldo to get his name in the media. CM and wife have lost friends and club memberships over his alignment with the devil and with his behavior after the trial, and with every new action seems determined to destroy what was once considered a good reputation in the legal community and local media. The DT's dreams of stardom and financial gain once the trial was over are dashed, and their disgusting client is free instead in prison as they'd expected. She is a noose around their necks, and one that is probably chafing and feeling pretty tight these days.

As far as JA using a co-author, I think that was a very wise decision. He is a lawyer, after all, not a professional writer, and simply had enough sense to turn to people who are experts in their field for help telling his story and getting it published in a timely manner. Now if CM isn't using one, I'd hope his writing is better and more clear than his speaking, and that he keeps his ego under control a little better in print than in life. Not that I'd read it, but just trying to be compassionate toward those who might try...

Mumbles, why sue Jeff? Just flip him off. Isn't that your MO? And you speak of ethics? LMAO

How did it work out for JA? Despite his disappointment with a jury that only cared about movies, snacks and cruises while he was fighting for a murdered child, I'm glad to say I think it's working well for JA personally, even though I suspect he'd trade a lot of it to have seen real justice in this case. The public knows the difference in innocence and not guilty and remembers that what matters is not winning or losing, it's how you play the game. He is respected and admired for his work on the case, is seen as having been a champion for Caylee, has a best selling book, a media tour speaking to full houses, and has sold rights to a movie based on his book. Has a lovely family supporting him, and I'm guessing his professional future looks pretty bright, IMO.

OTOH, FCA and her DT can't seem to get anyone intere$ted in them. She is basically a pariah in society with no family to turn to, but a whole slew of people lining up in court to sue her. JB has never had any standing to speak of, but now he is basically a laughing stock who can only depend on his buddy Geraldo to get his name in the media. CM and wife have lost friends and club memberships over his alignment with the devil and with his behavior after the trial, and with every new action seems determined to destroy what was once considered a good reputation in the legal community and local media. The DT's dreams of stardom and financial gain once the trial was over are dashed, and their disgusting client is free instead in prison as they'd expected. She is a noose around their necks, and one that is probably chafing and feeling pretty tight these days.

As far as JA using a co-author, I think that was a very wise decision. He is a lawyer, after all, not a professional writer, and simply had enough sense to turn to people who are experts in their field for help telling his story and getting it published in a timely manner. Now if CM isn't using one, I'd hope his writing is better and more clear than his speaking, and that he keeps his ego under control a little better in print than in life. Not that I'd read it, but just trying to be compassionate toward those who might try...

Fantastic, Could not have said it better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back