Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

final journal:

"I humbly offered some ideas (to Det Flores) for getting data out of Travis' camera, which was smashed and ruined somehow." Wait. What???

Thanks to all who are reading the journals and posting their thoughts here!! I'm with NashBridges about doing Paypal - I, too, had problems with them - never more...

:gthanks:

WAY off topic, but my Huz was in one of the episodes of Nash Bridges playing a cop!! :)

Was it the Hughes', or Travis' mentor Dr. Karl Hiatt that he (Travis) was supposed to have borrowed money from? There is too much to try and remember, LOL. I recall reading it, but don't ask me where.

Karl Hiatt is a distinguished plastic surgeon in the valley. Both of Travis Alexander's parents died, and Travis called Dr. Hiatt his Arizona dad.

Travis was even roommates with Dr. Hiatt's two sons for a time. The family took him in.

In our interview, Dr. Hiatt told me about Travis' humble beginnings, and a conversation that foreshadowed his violent death at the hands of Jodi Arias.

"I don't know if there are too many people close to Travis who didn't suspect Jodi immediately."

Dr. Karl Hiatt and his family were very close to Travis Alexander. Travis would eat dinner with the family almost every Sunday night -- but Dr. Hiatt said one day, Travis told him something he'll never forget.

"'If it don't show up some Sunday, maybe you'll find me dead.' That sort of comment. Course we all didn't take much credence to that, but he was serious."

Me: "So you think Travis was scared of Jodi?"

Dr. Hiatt: "He had some fear that could actually happen."

When they were told Travis had been found murdered, Dr. Hiatt's family was devastated, and gathered to share their shock and grief.

"Travis had a way of bringing us together, even in his death."

Me: "And it's still hard for you to talk about."

"Well, yeah."

The next time Dr. Hiatt saw Jodi Arias was at Travis' memorial service.

"And she was the only one who was expressionless. We all were wallowing in the emotion of everything that was said. We were laughing, we were crying, we were reliving Trav's life," says Dr. Hiatt.

Me: "And she showed no emotion?"

"She was just stone cold emotionless."

Me: "What did you think about that?"

"It was just odd. It kind of solidified for many of us the suspicion."

Dr. Hiatt told me he doesn't want Travis just remembered for the way he died. He wants people to know he came from nothing -- lived in the back of a pickup until he was 9 years old.

But Travis made himself a successful man. He also idolized his grandfather, who inspired him to become a motivational speaker.

"He said I know what I want to do now," says Dr. Hiatt. "I want to take grandpa's message to the world. You're somebody. God loves you. You can be raised in a pickup and still come out ok."

I asked Dr. Hiatt if he was surprised the prosecution never called him or any of his close Arizona friends as witnesses -- and he told me one of them will be called by the defense.

True that. To impress Travis, to have something in common with Travis. And when she realized he would never marry her she still chose a PPL man, Ryan. She also stresses in journals that whoever she dates must be LDS.

She writes a list (more than once?) about the characteristics of the man she will marry. Aside from the height and eye color, the criteria specifically describe... TRAVIS! She has not moved on at all and even talks about how "the time apart" will be good for her and Travis. The implication there, of course, is that it's temporary.

Juan was right. She simply could not let go. And Sky Hughes was right: she was OBSESSED.

Journal #6 on Beth's site

4-01-08 Jodi makes an entry (Interesting on April fools day) into Travis' journal saying that she loves him so much, and will miss his when she goes to CA. She states he has done more for her than any other friend ever has and thanks him for his generosity and friendship.

-Travis doesn't have any comment after that entry about her writing in his journal.

4-3-08 He writes that He is still quite lonely and "jodi keeps leaving but hasn't left". He says that Jodi left out of his driveway that morning headed for California, but reshowed up that evening - and he is also writing about Lisa and Mimi for that day's journaling

4-15-08 He talks about receiving an email saying he was qualified for the Cancun trip.

4-29-08 He mentions that he asked Mimi "today" to go on the trip and she said yes.

- Interesting that he never says that he asked Jodi to go on the trip anywhere in his notes, but I had thought that there was mention (by the Hughes or ??) that at one point, Jodi WAS on that list and that Travis changed it to Mimi. :thinking: So all that would have had to transpire from the 15-29th? Was it speculation or fact that Travis listed Jodi originally? What was the source of that information?

So, was April 1st the day Jodi trashed Travis's BMW?

"I'm not sure that I would be very proud to tell my Mormon Friends that I'm a bartender. I could just say that I work at a restaurant and leave it at that."

:floorlaugh:

She claims she stole "like 3" muffins over the span of time she worked there. She also says she did not smile enough and was not welcoming to the patrons. She then says she took a job at a restaurant an hour drive away...white chocolate or something like that. She does not like the new job. She then takes a job at Ruby Tuesday. She regrets having to leave Mimis as she liked the co-workers and found the money to be good and easy to come by.

What restaurant was it that she took the honey chicken to Travis's before it got soggy?

I find it odd that Arias was unable to at least squeeze one tear out at Travis' memorial. Just odd in contrast to her lengthy obsession with him. And her continued light heartedness in the 48 Hours program or Flores interview. She is an odd, odd duck.

She does show GREAT emotion at getting catch....and plenty of anger, snark and haughtiness at Juan. Not shy there. Nor with some of her previous lawyers I suspect.

I am reading all your posts and I am fascinated about these journal entries. Thank you. Maybe I will break down over the weekend and subscribe to the site. Not sure.

7/9/08
"I am no lady of justice, but I just know that there is nothing he could've possibly done to deserve what happened to him" Finally! Truth from Jodi Arias.

Five down and 3 more to go. One line from #5 sticks with me. She wrote down pros and cons for moving back to Yreka. In the cons column...."past skeletons." Eh?

About her mother coming out to help her move back. Her ungrateful daughter wrote how irritating it was to pick up her mother at the airport and to have to listen to her mother complaining about the plane being late and other things JA felt were trivial. JA told her mother the next day to stop with the negativity. Her mother rebooked her return ticket and left that day.All according to JA.

I guess she forgot to mention to her dear diary that she kicked her mother, and Sandy went back to Yreka.

Was it the Hughes', or Travis' mentor Dr. Karl Hiatt that he (Travis) was supposed to have borrowed money from? There is too much to try and remember, LOL. I recall reading it, but don't ask me where.

I know .. me too .. also didn't Chris Hughes say that Travis' earnings had gone down in the last year and blamed Jodi for that .. I thought that was in an email, do you think I can find it?

June 5 2007
She's moved to Mesa and is back in love with Travis. Has a good feeling about upcoming trip to Niagra Falls. Thinks there could be a marriage proposal coming. Thinks it would be cool if Travis baptized their children. That way he would have baptized the whole family beginning with her.

Why write this if you were really anally raped after your baptism?

JA: It was always long distance when we were officially dating. We dated from about the beginning of February to about the end of June, so… February, March, April, May, June, about 5 months total.

24:47
DF: Okay. In June of 2007 you guys broke up and…

24:52
JA: June 29th.

24:52
DF:And then you moved to Mesa.

24:53
JA: Umm…Yeah, I moved to Mesa, sort of… he was…

She writes a list (more than once?) about the characteristics of the man she will marry. Aside from the height and eye color, the criteria specifically describe... TRAVIS! She has not moved on at all and even talks about how "the time apart" will be good for her and Travis. The implication there, of course, is that it's temporary.

Juan was right. She simply could not let go. And Sky Hughes was right: she was OBSESSED.

You are absolutely right, as was Sky. She was (still is) obsessed. What I've been able to read of her journals demonstrates that. Interesting that she liked 'Court TV'. I thought she would be a big fan of forensic programmes. Reading her journals, I can see why 'ALV' fell for it. In isolation, they show an immature, rather shallow, lonely woman. She is a copier if people, images, movies, emotions, spirituality. She is empty inside and desperate appear rounded. She also seems gullible in terms of religion and PPL but partly, they are mere means towards her psychopathic goals.

If Arias had 'snapped' and told the truth, she could have claimed depression, obsession and her journals may have provided some mitigation. She would still have been guilty of the most savage murder and deserving of the highest punishment but her reasons would have been truthful. Instead, she planned every detail, deluded by her own arrogance into thinking ridiculous lies would be believed. 'ALV' and her other experts saw 'Journal Jodie' first and foremost. The rest of us saw a brutal, unrelenting, psychopathic murderer. The experts also saw opportunity to make money/headlines.

I do feel some some sympathy for depressed, obsessed 'Journal Jodie' but I know she is not real. Her journals reveal dark, chilling glimpses into what lies beneath the flowery diary presentation.

The problem with all her journals is that there is no way to know what if anything is true. That she wrote in his journal reinforced for me that she expected him to read hers. Was she really depressed and often suicidal? Maybe. And maybe it was just manipulation, as Sky has said she used suicide frequently as a threat.

I not only don't feel sorry for her, but I feel seriously creeped out the more I think about it.

This whole journal, with a few exceptions regarding her family, is about TRAVIS. If you notice his journal entries toward the end of this collection, you'll find that she imitates the writing style in his journals, including all of the PPL stuff, the smiley faces, expressions, etc.. It's all about TRAVIS.

PPL = TRAVIS
LoA = TRAVIS
LDS = TRAVIS

Also, these writings do not sound like those of a woman in her late 20s. There's some kind of arrested development going on here, as I believe DeMarte pointed out during the guilt phase of the trial. Her ramblings sound like those of a teenager.

The trite expressions, mangled cliches, PPL sales lingo (most of which I had to skim), and new age terminology were hard to wade through but seemed like pure imitation. She completely immersed herself in TRAVIS.

BINGO!!!!!!

I can't connect CMJA the "Journaling Fool" with CMJA the "Suspect being Interrogated" and CMJA the "Witness on the Stand for 18 Days". I believe her journals are fiction, written for the purpose of having other's read them.

What little there was of Travis' journal, he really did regret the break up with Lisa <----- sounds like she was "the one that got away". He also mentioned that the stolen journal had all his time with Lisa in it.

Also thought it was pretty weird that CMJA wrote in Travis' "substitute for the stolen journal" journal on 4-1-08, and he made no mention about her message..........did she put that in there at a later date?

His missing ring was taken by CMJA, his Ipod disappeared, his roomie's missing camera ended up in the BMW.

Why do the Hughes' have his journals?

Gus Searcy was married and a womanizer according to CMJA via Travis: So much for the mystery woman Searcy refused to reveal on the stand, must have been one of his "girlfriends" his wife didn't know about.

Travis mentioned "drama" and CMJA was connected to it. Wonder if that's why CMJA wrote those dark, suicidal musings, hoping he would read them......and maybe he did?

CMJA definitely had champagne taste on a watered down beer budget, relatively speaking.

CMJA talked the talk but in no way walked the walk.

In the end, it doesn't matter. CMJA murdered Travis. Doesn't matter if she was "normal" or "bat chit crazy", the brutality negates any mitigating factors the defense can make up. Had any of her previous boyfriends had mothers nearby, I'm sure their "psycho" meter would have flipped to the red zone the minute CMJA said anything.

CMJA doesn't ever belong in society. The world would be a better place without her. Anything else I have to say about her would have to be censored.

final journal:

"I humbly offered some ideas (to Det Flores) for getting data out of Travis' camera, which was smashed and ruined somehow." Wait. What???

I know, it puzzled me too. Yes, she thought the camera was ruined.... by her own doing. She is nutso', I don't think anyone needed her ideas, LOL.

I saw a video interview with CH where he said TA's work ($$) was suffering because of Jodi. Strange thing to mention IMO.

The real Jodi is just beneath her words as early as the summer of 2007. She writes about trying to overcome dark thoughts and "scenarios." This right after she went looking for proof of his cheating after being involved for all of a few months. Her alleged depressions are very much linked to her awareness, when she sees it, that Travis just has no intention of making her his wife.

Given how desperate he was to get married, the fact he never thought of her that way must have been especially enraging to her.

I know .. me too .. also didn't Chris Hughes say that Travis' earnings had gone down in the last year and blamed Jodi for that .. I thought that was in an email, do you think I can find it?

Why yes, yes I do think you can find it. I believe it was CH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back