'Dog The Bounty Hunter' Arrested, Faces Extradition

There are 2 petitions to sign. One is to keep Dog from being extradited and the other is for the charges.

Oct 20, 10:45 PM EDT
TV Bounty Hunter Grabs a Legal Victory

HONOLULU (AP) -- The Dog remains unleashed - for now. Attorneys for TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman on Friday said the Mexican federal court has granted them an order that halts the criminal case against Chapman until further evidence and witness testimony are gathered.

At a circus-like news conference Friday, the star of the popular A&E show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" said the "tide is changing a little bit." His side of the story, he said, is finally being told to the court through his lawyer, William Boller, who spent the past month in Mexico.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

"If it comes out right, would I do it again? You damn right," Chapman said.

The possible extradition has ignited an uproar among members of Congress and Chapman's fans, who consider him a hero for capturing a rapist and doing a job the government could not. Twenty-nine congressmen have sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition.

link

Resoectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
Oct 20, 10:45 PM EDT
TV Bounty Hunter Grabs a Legal Victory

HONOLULU (AP) -- The Dog remains unleashed - for now. Attorneys for TV reality star Duane "Dog" Chapman on Friday said the Mexican federal court has granted them an order that halts the criminal case against Chapman until further evidence and witness testimony are gathered.

At a circus-like news conference Friday, the star of the popular A&E show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" said the "tide is changing a little bit." His side of the story, he said, is finally being told to the court through his lawyer, William Boller, who spent the past month in Mexico.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

"If it comes out right, would I do it again? You damn right," Chapman said.

The possible extradition has ignited an uproar among members of Congress and Chapman's fans, who consider him a hero for capturing a rapist and doing a job the government could not. Twenty-nine congressmen have sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition.

link

Resoectfully,
dark_shadows

I don't know why in the world the US didn't just tell Mexico to shove it. Better yet why doesn't the US take buses and big trucks around to each prison and load up the illegels that we are housing and drive them right over the border to a prison in Mexico. Tell them they will be shot if they are ever caught in the US again. Why should we house their criminals?

Someone who has some pull in the government had better step up and put a stop to this nonsense. I can't believe the US even thought about going through this. What in the world are they thinking? Maybe it irks them that The Dog and family were able to catch that pervert when no one else could.
They should be thankful instead of even thinking of going along with Mexico. We don't owe Mexico a thing. That government is scum and corrupt as it can get. I don't know why President Bush hasn't stepped up and nipped this in the bud.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't know why in the world the US didn't just tell Mexico to shove it. Better yet why doesn't the US take buses and big trucks around to each prison and load up the illegels that we are housing and drive them right over the border to a prison in Mexico. Tell them they will be shot if they are ever caught in the US again. Why should we house their criminals?

Someone who has some pull in the government had better step up and put a stop to this nonsense. I can't believe the US even thought about going through this. What in the world are they thinking? Maybe it irks them that The Dog and family were able to catch that pervert when no one else could.
They should be thankful instead of even thinking of going along with Mexico. We don't owe Mexico a thing. That government is scum and corrupt as it can get. I don't know why President Bush hasn't stepped up and nipped this in the bud.
You go girl..........who is the rebel Warrior now.......HUH..( not I, but You ) ......Sundayrain
They don't do right by him.......we're there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back