Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

I'd certainly stay away from the minibar.

No doubt! No minibar!

Just watching the info on the latest death this morning.

Portia and Orlando's death does not seem to relate but I wouldn't drive there any distance either and definitely not at night.

No concerns though as I have no plans of heading there. I have faced the fact this is one country I will not be seeing...

Jmo.

No doubt! No minibar!

Just watching the info on the latest death this morning.

Portia and Orlando's death does not seem to relate but I wouldn't drive there any distance either and definitely not at night.

No concerns though as I have no plans of heading there. I have faced the fact this is one country I will not be seeing...

Jmo.

The only thing piquing my interest is the reports of how much Orlando and Portia had taken part in drinking alcohol on their final day. For example, is it possible that they went back to their hotel room after hanging with their friends, and while packing their luggage up they decided to have another drink or two from the minibar? Perhaps in that scenario the physical effects (pulmonary edema, etc) became deadly and was cause for the car accident. Just some food for thought and MOO.

The only thing piquing my interest is the reports of how much Orlando and Portia had taken part in drinking alcohol on their final day. For example, is it possible that they went back to their hotel room after hanging with their friends, and while packing their luggage up they decided to have another drink or two from the minibar? Perhaps in that scenario the physical effects (pulmonary edema, etc) became deadly and was cause for the car accident. Just some food for thought and MOO.

Anything is possible I guess and with hearing of all these latest deaths one sure wonders. I know the DR has put an alcohol spin on it but we have never heard toxicology results. I also wonder if they did any rape kit or tests for anything under her fingernails, etc.--I somehow doubt it. I hate saying that.

The only other thing is she survived for several days.

I do not know why I think this but I am unsure that she drank much, it just does not fit with me with how concerned she was about this drive. I guess though one does not have to drink, the one woman had a soft drink didn't she, from the mini bar?

To this day, her condition to me sounds like she was beaten. I get that a car accident could cause a lot of damage and it is just my instinct/speculation, but that is what I tend to think. Nothing about their case makes sense to me, I don't care how many pictures of the car they show me, it just hasn't answered my questions.

Jmo.

Costa Rica blames 19 deaths on tainted alcohol: What you need to know

Aug. 19, 2019

"Over the weekend, authorities in Costa Rica confiscated 30,000 bottles of liquor after 19 people died after drinking what is believed to be tainted alcohol from multiple brands in the last six weeks.

The news comes as the FBI runs toxicology tests in connection with two of the 10 Americans confirmed to have died in the Dominican Republic since March...."

Aug. 19, 2019

"Over the weekend, authorities in Costa Rica confiscated 30,000 bottles of liquor after 19 people died after drinking what is believed to be tainted alcohol from multiple brands in the last six weeks.

The news comes as the FBI runs toxicology tests in connection with two of the 10 Americans confirmed to have died in the Dominican Republic since March...."

Very interesting.
Does anyone know if there's a list with dates /locations / details of the tourist deaths in DR?

Because there was supposed to be an investigation by our agency and more answers to come one day, I am going to for sure keep bumping this for Orlando, Portia and their loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back