Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The witness recalls that Drew moved out “around 2003.” “Did you help move Drew’s stuff out?” “No.” “Up until the time Drew moved out, you would go to the house regularly?” “Yes.” “And you and Drew and boys would play together?” “Right.” “He was always good to you?” “Yes.” “And he was good to his children?” “Yes.” The witness also knew Stephen Peterson, Drew’s older son.

In Session Pontarelli is asked about his family’s regular Sunday pasta dinners. “A lot of times, Kathy and Drew would come over?” “Yes . . . I would say she came over more frequently after they separated.”

In Session “Steve Carcerano would also spend time with Drew and your family?” “Yes.” “All the neighbors were fairly close?” “Yes.” “You were only 14 that night, and you were very upset when Kathy died?” “Of course.” The witness repeats that he helped Savio replace her front door locks “right after he moved out.” “The night you went to the house, Drew called your mom?” “He came over to the house.” “The next day was a school holiday?” “It was.” “Did Tom go to the same school at that time that you did?” “No . . . we’re in the same district, but we all didn’t have school.” “And you attended some CCD classes that day, on Monday?” “Correct.”

In Session The witness repeats that he went to a party on Saturday night, Feb. 28. He repeats that he and his parents left around 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon. “So between 1:00 and 4:00 you didn’t see her, and don’t know what she was doing?” “No.” “Know if anyone was visiting her?” “No.” “When you go home, you don’t know if someone was visiting?” “Right.” “But the light you saw was upstairs on the second floor?” “Right.” “You assumed she was up there studying at that time?” “Right . . . I went to bed right away.” “Recall when you got up the next morning?” “No . . . around that age, I was more of a heavy sleeper . . . sometimes 11:00.” “You didn’t hear any unusual noises coming from Kathy’s house?” “That’s right.” “You didn’t hear any car doors banging, or anyone speaking loudly?” “No.” “Do you have a dog?” “I do; I had a different dog when Kathy was alive.” “The dog wasn’t barking at night, waking you up?” “No . . . that dog would always sleep in my parents’ bedroom.”

In Session The witness repeats that brought some pasta to Savio’s house on Sunday. “You called before you went over there?” “Yes . . . around 1:30 or 2:00.” “There was no answer?” “Right.”

In Session The witness says Kathy and Steve Maniaci had a good relationship. “When Drew came to the house, did he have Tom and Kris with him?’ “When I seen him, he was just by himself . . . he had his police uniform on.” “That was Sunday?:” “No, we’re talking about Monday night . . . it was at 10:00, 10:15.” “Know if your mom had talked to Drew earlier?” “I don’t.” Later on, Peterson came back. “And there was a locksmith who came?” “Yes.” “All the lights were off in the house?” “That’s right.”

:clap:Thanks so much for the bit of sarcasm, fifteen89 -- it made me LOL --:silly: -- we haven't gotten many opportunities to do that, so this was a breath of fresh air. But -- I did not miss the point you made. Well said.

YW. I don't mean to offend anyone. Hope I didn't. I do realize this is serious - there are two women who are no longer with us because of this creep. About as serious as it gets.

That's why I don't really care what the jury does or doesn't wear to court every day. I just want them to be paying attention so they can weed out all this bs-ola they're having to sit through. imo a bit of common sense goes a long way.

Was just reading the post about the neighbor kid snapping pictures of Kathleen. So much for a romantic or sinister explanation, eh? The DT are beyond words.

In Session According to this witness, everyone was ‘a little bit nervous” that something might have happened to Savio. He recalls that Drew was present when the locksmith worked on the door. “Remember who went in first?” “No.” “But you went in, too?” “Right.” He repeats that he saw the orange juice on the counter, and the mug in the microwave. “You saw a pack of pills there?” “Next to the glass of orange juice, there was a pack of pills there.” “The garage is attached to the house?” “Right.” “And the garage door had been locked from the inside?” “Right.”

In Session As he went up the stairs, his dad grabbed him and told him not to go up there. Nevertheless, he proceeded. “Your mom was looking under the covers?” “Yes, under the comforter, because it was all rustled.” “Did Steve go into the bathroom first?” “Yes.” “And switched on the light?” “Right.” “That’s when Kathy was found?” “Yes . . . I witnessed Drew come upstairs and go into the bathroom . . . I was there for at least two to five minutes after that.” “Did you try to comfort your mother?” “Yes . . . she was VERY upset.” After that, he left and went back to his own house. “You left because you were upset?” “Yes . . . it was very shocking.” “You didn’t expect to see that?” “No.”

In Session “The day after this happened, did Drew come to your house, too?” “No,” “Did he bring anything to your house?” “No.”

In Session “Between the time you left at 1:00 on Saturday and all day Sunday, did you see any cars in Kathy’s driveway?” “No.” “When you helped her with the groceries, was her car parked in the driveway?” “No, it was in the garage.” “She had a green Mountaineer?” “Yes.”

IMO if Kathleen was taking large doses of any one drug it would have shown up in the toxicology report. Plus it's unclear which drugs she was taking when as the Defense is trying to make it sound as if she took five or six different drugs everyday all the time when several years have been mentioned in the same line of questioning. So what was she taking when and for how long? It's unclear to me. It's not fair as they're trying to make it sound as if she was doped up or something. If so, drugs would have been evident in her system.

How old was Kathleen when she was murdered? Because it sounds as if she had perimenopause related aches and pains - changing hormones can really mess with you. Yesterday you were on the ball and then, all of a sudden, physical limitations crop up and get in your way of fully functioning. Didn't DP accuse his women of having 'their period' or something like that? So they had to deal with that attitude on top of dealing with him and small children. :maddening:

When checking for drugs in someone's system, there has to be a test for each type of drug. For example, when certain patients (auto accidents, possible stroke or possible heart-related episodes, etc.) are brought into an ER and cannot speak for themselves, a standard test looks for marijuana, cocaine, alcohol and sometimes meth or speed -- so that the ER personnel with know what they're dealing with. So that would be the case here. Do we know for which drugs she was tested? I certainly could have missed that part of the testimony...

In Session “The light you saw that evening when you came home . . . you’ve described that previously as a reading light?” “It was a reading lamp in her bedroom.” “You knew that was the area she would study in?” “Right . . . it was just a lamp she would use to study.” “She would study by lamp light, not by ceiling light?” “Right.”

In Session “When you were talking to Sgt. Turner that day, remember telling him that less than 12 hours after Kathy was found, Drew was giving a patio set to your mother?” “I don’t remember a patio set to my mother . . . no, we did not get any patio set. The patio set was his mother’s, formerly.”

In Session “You took four photos?” “I’m not aware of how many photos I took.” “You took a picture of Kathy in the bathroom, and a picture of her bedroom, too?” “Yes . . . and her kitchen and her living room. Just around the house.” Objection. The parties approach for a sidebar.

Testimony in the Drew Peterson murder trial will pick back up tomorrow morning at 9:00 CT/10:00 ET. In Session will have live updates on facebook and twitter. Follow us on twitter if you don't already: https://twitter.com/InSession.

I didn't see an ending. Just that it would be back tomorrow. Will look at twitter.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Pontarelli is off the stand and the #drewpeterson jury is going home. Back tomorrow at 9am

Thank you very much Jackson44!, and all others who have contributed to transcribing the trial. It is very much appreciated!

I would love to know the witness list for tomorrow. I am going to attend the morning session and I will be sure to provide details to all of you when I get back around 1PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda