Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they want to be noticed now because some of them hope to cash in after the trial. Some of them want to sell their 'stories' to the press and/or the media after this is over. So why not make a splash while they can?

And if my theory is true, then it is very frightening. Because the only way their interviews will be sought after is IF the verdict is surprising or upsetting. :mad:

God in Heaven, I SO HOPE you are wrong about that.

abbie

In a way, if they believe the hearsay DP puts himself at the scene. * He was able to sneak up on Kathleen before. His comments that he could kill her and make it look like an accident. The threat that she wouldn't make it to the end of their divorce. The whole in the wall from the garage.

Did the jury hear about the garage door opener?

* And I think ANYone with common sense would agree that a cop would know how to NOT leave physical evidence. People think they know that just from watching CSI shows. DP has LIVED it as a cop.

Even the fact that there's NOT physical evidence putting him at the scene - how many killers are able to do that? And even if there WAS dna from DP they'd say it was his house at one time.

They did not hear about the hole in the garage wall..

with each other until the judge gives them direction to do so.
I have served on a jury (nothing like this though) and we didn't talk about it at all. People read the newspaper, books, did crossword puzzles while we were waiting in the jury room. We didn't talk at all. We did have lunch together but nothing about the trial was discussed.
This reminds me of the John Grisham book "the runaway jury". Members of the jury were paid off by the defense. In one part of it, a juror talked the rest of the jury into color coordinating clothes to send a message to a lawyer showing he had influence over the jury. I'm not saying the same thing is happening here, but it really has me wondering.

I'm going to be soooo PO'ed if they don't convict this .

I won't watch/follow any more criminal cases if that happens.

Just think about this....

DP goes and says all these things, his current wife comes up missing, they exhume his 3rd wife and several Dr's say it was murder, his other wife has tails of abuse and he's an azz as it is, and HE gets away with it?

Anyone else and they would be fried.

BTW, are his lawyers Pro-Bono?

Yes every one of them is Pro Bono...

yep, I bet at least one jury member will be willing to sell his side of the story for the right amount of money. Just like the Casey Anthony trial....

This is a very high profile case and the jury has to know that they can make money by just selling their story and/or being on T.V.

:rocker:

BBM: I agree ... and if they are BORED, all they have to do is ask IF there is something they can bring with them to do while they are waiting, like maybe "cross word puzzles" -- or "puzzle books" -- KWIM ?

MOO ...

A copy of War and Peace....

JMO.....In order for the jurors to convict they must believe the hearsay evidence..if not for that they really did not have a case. They have not been able to put Drew at the scene, no evidence whatsoever.
We gotta have faith the jurors will listen to Staceys words and convict this serial wife murderer.

ITA but I don't see that they have to connect Drew at the scene. They do have
SP saying he was gone in the middle of the night and how he had KP living in
Fear of him so the DT can keep calling everyone a liar. Hopefully the Jury will see the light.

with each other until the judge gives them direction to do so.
I have served on a jury (nothing like this though) and we didn't talk about it at all. People read the newspaper, books, did crossword puzzles while we were waiting in the jury room. We didn't talk at all. We did have lunch together but nothing about the trial was discussed.

EXACTLY. That is one reason this is worrisome. They are not supposed to be discussing any thing to do wit the trial. They are supposed to be talking about the weather and the Chicago Cubs.

But if they are going to the extent of planning color coordination, seat by seat, then they are organizing their next days activities and someone is kind of in charge. You don't want those kind of 'influential' jurors taking over, especially so early in the trial.

Right now they are a unified team. But that is not what a jury is supposed to be. This really bothers me.

Did the judge even notice the alternating black/white motif in the jury box?

This reminds me of the John Grisham book "the runaway jury". Members of the jury were paid off by the defense. In one part of it, a juror talked the rest of the jury into color coordinating clothes to send a message to a lawyer showing he had influence over the jury. I'm not saying the same thing is happening here, but it really has me wondering.

They did not hear about the hole in the garage wall..

And they SHOULD HAVE imo!!!!!!!!

Its stuff like this that makes this trial such a farce.

:moo:abbie

Thats what I said after CA trial.

Me too. But I added a list of trials I'd watch for previous crimes (like this one, Joran if he's ever brought to trial for Natalee, Jodi Arias.....) when they come around. But I'm not getting invested in a new crime from day one like I used to. I can't watch Nancy Grace and my system can't handle another Caylee.

So many times the wife is abused and confides in friends that she fears for her life but once she is killed or disappears it is hearsay. Remember Nicole Brown Simpsons case was mostly ruled as hearsay. What they heck are you supposed to do?

like Brodsky did that they are siding with him (wishful thinking) or Sam Adams Jr. indicating that it meant that they were a close "happy jury" and that happy juries don't convict.......I just think it is like a uniform in a way. Some people were speculating that they were dressing in the colors or Kathleen's bruises.... I didn't think so, but what do I know? IMHO, I think that they are a real team. They have been enduring a lot together. They are a working unit and I hope that
means that they will be sensible.....because any thinking person can't hear this testimony and not know that this guy is a murderer.

I agree. Maybe they're saying "hey! You keep shuffling us in and out like we're nothing.....but WE get the final say here." I'd say it's a good sign they get along regardless of what color they're wearing.

Yes every one of them is Pro Bono...

Wow, a boat, plane, two new cars, two expensive homes, a Harley and a crew of Pro Bono attorneys. Add to that a nice little pension. I'd say he's a really lucky man and priviledged, too. No wonder he has such a big ego. jmo

Me too. But I added a list of trials I'd watch for previous crimes (like this one, Joran if he's ever brought to trial for Natalee, Jodi Arias.....) when they come around. But I'm not getting invested in a new crime from day one like I used to. I can't watch Nancy Grace and my system can't handle another Caylee.

Yes!! I know what you mean, and ITA. Certainly no more children crimes/ murdered kids, etc for me. Caylee took a lot out of me. I was SO INVESTED.
Done with that.

abbie

I'm going to be soooo PO'ed if they don't convict this .

I won't watch/follow any more criminal cases if that happens.

Just think about this....

DP goes and says all these things, his current wife comes up missing, they exhume his 3rd wife and several Dr's say it was murder, his other wife has tails of abuse and he's an azz as it is, and HE gets away with it?

Anyone else and they would be fried.

BTW, are his lawyers Pro-Bono?

Pro-bozo's? Yes.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jurors are dressed in alternating colors according to their seats: black clothes, white clothes, black, white, black, white

:rolleyes:

Still trying to catch up & listen to IS, (Wa. time!) The artist, Christine Cornell said she thought the black/white may mean that things are becoming clear to them, as in it's all in black & white now. Hopefully, this is the meaning! If this has been addressed, sorrrrrry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname