Drugging Caylee?Disney Bag/syringe and items found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty safe to assume that whatever was in that gatorade bottle was NOT gatorade because I don't think it settles like that. I would think it might be any number of different things, but it does seem too coincidental that it was found near Caylee and all along people have assumed that KC drugged her in one way or another. It could have been prescribed meds like xanex, it could have been some street drug, it could have been some kind of cleaner, it's untelling. I also think it's very coincidental it was found in a disney bag. I mean I know Disney World is close, but think of all of the Disney paraphenelia that was in Caylee's room. Couple that with the fact it was near Caylee's body, and the fact that it's possible that KC might have drugged her before, it seems plausible that it's not just some random bag with a random syringe in it. CA was a nurse and I'm sure that KC had plenty of access to those needless syringes and look at the list of meds in the A's house...there definitely was no shortage.

KC is just pure evil. I do not see how she can live with herself. I get all upset if I run over a critter, so I cannot imagine doing what KC has done and going on with life as if nothing happened.

Investigators removed a box of Gentamicin prescribed for Caylee from the home. This medication may in the form of eyedrops or ointments, but is also given intravenously for infection. HMMM.
THIS is very interesting ! Gentamicin is usually used in a hospital, given IM, Intramuscular and less fequently IV, most of the time given IM. Blood levels are very important so that the patients blood is taken a certain number of hours after administration. Here is a small exerpt from an article on the antibiotic.

Serum levels should be monitored in order to insure adequate therapeutic levels which may be critical, while at the same time avoiding potentially toxic concentrations. Following i.m. administration, a serum level in excess of 10 to 12 µg/mL should be considered potentially toxic.

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.phar...phs- G)/GENTAMICIN SULFATE INJECTION USP.html

i really really really want to see a forensics report on the contents of this bottle! And syringe.

Me too....for some reason "pool chemicals" came to mind first! I doubt KC injected her with that, but omg...that would be an even more horrific death.

OK another poster informed me that Gentamicin can be used as eardrops for swimmer's ear. I guess we need to know what form of Gentamicin was obtained from the home.

Pulled from the other thread...

I was reading the medication list for CA and she was on clonazepam, which is generic for klonopin. That is a drug similar to xanax, but I believe it is stronger.

Here is what Wiki says it's used for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam

Clonazepam may be prescribed for:

Also from the Wikipedia article which wasn't quoted... (bolding mine)

Special precautions

Caution in the elderly. Increased risk of impairments, falls and drug accumulation.[citation needed]

Caution in children. Clonazepam is not recommended for use in those under 18. Use in very young children may be especially hazardous. Of anticonvulsant drugs behavioural disturbances occur most frequently with clonazepam and phenobarbital.[73]

Caution using high dosages of clonazepam. Doses higher than 0.5 - 1 mg per day are associated with significant sedation.[74]

I'm sure I'd never find it now. Not a bottle, but I seem to remember someone, perhaps a woman psychic, finding things shallowly buried in the ground. Some fabric perhaps and I was thinking there was something about a syringe in a toilet paper roll. Maybe that's something commonly done with syringes to keep them from bending or breaking. Or the toilet paper serves some purpose and it's just a handy place to stick them.

I have zero experience with drugs or syringes so I'm just speculating.

I have to believe that if this has anything to do with Caylee it was a needle-less syringe. I mentioned on another thread that I am on blood thinners and you can get the syringes all day long OTC, but for the needles you need a Rx. She could have gotten them from Cindy...but how would you ask for such a thing? Anyone who uses syringes with needles for legal reasons has a sharps box (the red boxes with the closable tops that say "Biohazard" on the side. They are small. I carry mine with me and they give you a couple of them for free. You take it to the doctors office when it is full and they give you another one.

However, I did find this blog, I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but it is a blog on Gatorade of all things. Interesting, I thought.

http://firstinthirst.typepad.com/darren_rovells_blog_on_al/2006/04/another_gatorad.html

"Another Gatorade Spiking

"It seems like we have one of these every month now. Last month, a six-year-old was brought to the hospital after his Gatorade was found to contain the date rape drug GHB. And I've talked about two cases -- one involving a woman who was accused of killing her husband by spiking his Gatorade, another accused of killing his wife by spiking her Gatorade. These things are obviously out of the brand's control, and it's part of being as big as they are, but it's nonetheless not a good thing. Today, a report out of Columbus, Ohio. According to NBC News in Columbus, a high school student was charged with a felony after spiking a fellow student's Gatorade with an over-the-counter sleeping medication. The student was hospitalized. "

Special precautions

Caution in the elderly. Increased risk of impairments, falls and drug accumulation.[citation needed]

Caution in children. Clonazepam is not recommended for use in those under 18. Use in very young children may be especially hazardous. Of anticonvulsant drugs behavioural disturbances occur most frequently with clonazepam and phenobarbital.[73]

Caution using high dosages of clonazepam. Doses higher than 0.5 - 1 mg per day are associated with significant sedation.[74]

Just chiming in. I was prescribed Klonopin once for panic disorder/anxiety. I took half of one and it put me to sleep. It left me hung over the next day and I never was able to take it 4x a day as directed. I would have been a zombie. It would put a child to sleep I am sure in relatively small amounts.

Special precautions

I wonder if CA was medicating KC? Perhaps KC was showing signs
of mania or other behavior CA found to be worrisome.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that whatever was in that gatorade bottle was NOT gatorade because I don't think it settles like that. I would think it might be any number of different things, but it does seem too coincidental that it was found near Caylee and all along people have assumed that KC drugged her in one way or another. It could have been prescribed meds like xanex, it could have been some street drug, it could have been some kind of cleaner, it's untelling. I also think it's very coincidental it was found in a disney bag. I mean I know Disney World is close, but think of all of the Disney paraphenelia that was in Caylee's room. Couple that with the fact it was near Caylee's body, and the fact that it's possible that KC might have drugged her before, it seems plausible that it's not just some random bag with a random syringe in it. CA was a nurse and I'm sure that KC had plenty of access to those needless syringes and look at the list of meds in the A's house...there definitely was no shortage.

Just tossing something out there...I do not know about this particular flavor, but I worked at Big Lots for 10 years and they usually deal in food that is closer to being out of date than most stores. Now we run a concession business and sometimes we go 6 months without an event, so we end up with expired Gatorade and many times the ones that are near expired, or expired have a white sediment at the bottom. However, I do think the syringe takes it to a different level. I really wish they would release the rest of the goods. I keep thinking about them taking pics of the medicine cabinets and assume it has to be because there was some sort of drug in the Gatorade Bottle.

I have to believe that if this has anything to do with Caylee it was a needle-less syringe. I mentioned on another thread that I am on blood thinners and you can get the syringes all day long OTC, but for the needles you need a Rx. She could have gotten them from Cindy...but how would you ask for such a thing? Anyone who uses syringes with needles for legal reasons has a sharps box (the red boxes with the closable tops that say "Biohazard" on the side. They are small. I carry mine with me and they give you a couple of them for free. You take it to the doctors office when it is full and they give you another one.
Perhaps every state has its own rules regarding this, but I do know that where I am, you do not need a prescription for sharps syringes, nor are you issued a biohazard container in all cases. Diabetics and others who need sharps in my state can simply ask for a box of sharps/syringes and sign off in a book kept at the pharmacists. Home users are instructed to dispose of used syringes in a heavy plastic container, bleach or detergent bottles are suggested, soda bottles are NOT, too thin. When full the bottles are to be duct taped and marked as a biohazard and taken to a facility for disposal.

All that said, we just don't know yet what type of syringe this was. Cindy could have easily had access to either kind. The open tip type can be found at drug stores on the shelf, mainly for dispensing liquid meds to kids.

I still feel that if this has anything to do with Caylee, Casey may have mixed a med like Xanax with liquid and kept it in the bottle then dispensed it to Caylee when she wanted her out of the way. And btw, you don't have to stick the syringe into the bottle to fill it. You just pull out the plunger, put your finger over the open tip, fill the barrel from the bottle, put the plunger back in and it's ready to dispense.

Perhaps every state has its own rules regarding this, but I do know that where I am, you do not need a prescription for sharps syringes, nor are you issued a biohazard container in all cases. Diabetics and others who need sharps in my state can simply ask for a box of sharps/syringes and sign off in a book kept at the pharmacists. Home users are instructed to dispose of used syringes in a heavy plastic container, bleach or detergent bottles are suggested, soda bottles are NOT, too thin. When full the bottles are to be duct taped and marked as a biohazard and taken to a facility for disposal.

All that said, we just don't know yet what type of syringe this was. Cindy could have easily had access to either kind. The open tip type can be found at drug stores on the shelf, mainly for dispensing liquid meds to kids.

I still feel that if this has anything to do with Caylee, Casey may have mixed a med like Xanax with liquid and kept it in the bottle then dispensed it to Caylee when she wanted her out of the way. And btw, you don't have to stick the syringe into the bottle to fill it. You just pull out the plunger, put your finger over the open tip, fill the barrel from the bottle, put the plunger back in and it's ready to dispense.

They must have their own rules because in my state it is not so easy. I get a special discount through my insurance if I fill my prescriptions at Walgreens and I can't get the discount because Walgreen's doesn't carry my needles and can't get them. It is a big pain in the butt here. They make it so because of drug problems. I can't even let someone else pick my needles up for me. I have to go myself and sign for them. That is just crazy to me. I wonder if it is like where you are in Florida...or are you in Florida?

"

snipped

Syringes with needles are over the counter. I remember about 8 years ago when I was working in a pharmacy and they went OTC. I do not recall if it was a national thing or just my state but I think it was national. It was not publicized because they didn't want it getting too much attention but we were told they are still kept behind the counter but if someone came up and wanted to buy them they did not need a prescription. Doctors still write prescriptions for them because they are still covered by most insurance co's and if you want them paid for by your insurance co you need a prescription. The reason for it was to hopefully help with the problem of people getting diseases from used syringes.

Just tossing something out there...I do not know about this particular flavor, but I worked at Big Lots for 10 years and they usually deal in food that is closer to being out of date than most stores. Now we run a concession business and sometimes we go 6 months without an event, so we end up with expired Gatorade and many times the ones that are near expired, or expired have a white sediment at the bottom. However, I do think the syringe takes it to a different level. I really wish they would release the rest of the goods. I keep thinking about them taking pics of the medicine cabinets and assume it has to be because there was some sort of drug in the Gatorade Bottle.

I tend to agree that the precipitate in the bottom of the bottle is a natural event that occurred over time as stated above regarding expired Gatorade. The Gatorade bottle was one of the wide ones and it would take an awful lot of xanax or any other drug to cover the bottom of a bottle that size. Gatorade is full of electrolytes which might be responsible for the precipitate shown in the picture. I don't think KC is stupid enough to leave something of that significance where she dumped the body. Then again...

It's easy to make the assumption that the syringe was needle-less, but it could very well be from someone taking insulin or allergy medication in a hurry and not having anything else to put the needle in. Not everyone carries their sharps boxes with them. They might have actually been at Disney World. All I'm saying is it's just as likely that this discovery is from an innocent event versus connecting it with Caylee.

That said, Mike Brooks, on Nancy Grace, said this Disney bag was found "in the bag" with the body. However, after searching myself, I have not found this to be corroborated elsewhere. Also, off thread topic, N. Lance, the producer of NG, was interviewed on HLN by Mike Galanos today, and she reported that the duct tape from the body and the gas can had "the same serial numbers." I have not been able to substantiate that either.

Ok, I know that state to state needle laws vary. Being from CT originally, I would have to get my vet to write me a script for needles, I routinely give animals vaccinations and intramusular injections of anti-bitotics. Now I live in Missouri and there is no such requirement for a script here. Anyone or their brother can go to any pharmacy and pick up needles. ( they don't stock the gauge I require as I work mainly with horses, and those are some big needles lol) O/T but getting back on now...
If the syringe was in a wrapper, I would believe it is a needle bearing type because oral syringes do not generally come issued in a wrapper. Again, I buy in bulk and work with lots of both oral and needle type syringes. Also, they are printed directly on the syringe for oral use only and a needle cap doesn't fit properly on an oral syringe...for good reasons! okay, thats all my personal observations on needles and syringes for now lol

We don't know if that stuff was put there by KC. The docs don't seem to indicate one way or the other.

We don't know if that stuff was put there by KC. The docs don't seem to indicate one way or the other.

Thank you!! I'm wonder what was in the syringe? I could totally see KC shooting Caylee up with a drug.

Thank you!! I'm wonder what was in the syringe? I could totally see KC shooting Caylee up with a drug.

I'm pretty sure the evidence collection statement stated that the syringe/bottle/toilet paper roll was found inside the canvas bag at the scene. I also think I recall reading that items related to the house or Caylee were also in that bag. Sorry, my brain has been on overload since the doc dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean