Emails From Cindy and her family

<<jerk a knot in one my kid's tail >>

LOL! You have GOT to be from my "neck of the woods".

I don't think it's abuse. It's called tough love. Something that should have been done with Casey many years ago.

Tough love is demonstrated by saying "We will no longer condone this behavior or pretend nothing is wrong." Bullying is calling someone a moron because they will not give you the answers you think you deserve in a situation that you have interjected yourself into, such as what Rick did.

Rick was not abusive ..
He was trying to knock some sense into his thick, skulled sister!

Tough love is demonstrated by saying "We will no longer condone this behavior or pretend nothing is wrong." Bullying is calling someone a moron because they will not give you the answers you think you deserve in a situation that you have interjected yourself into, such as what Rick did.

wow ..

Debs, that is a great comparison of tough love vs. bullying.

What I meant by my comment was that there were obviously signs that Casey had problems before June of 2008. Stealing money, claiming to work but not working- and not just for a few months, but for TWO YEARS! Her claims that JG was the father.

So many signs- enough that Cindy sought help from a professional mental health counselor. Given Casey's obvious instability, she waited too long to confront it.

Exactly. She sought help. She couldn't see into the future as to exactly when to do it, much less anticipate murder. Ultimately, the person accountable for Caylee's death is KC (I totally trust a jury to decide that, too much evidence).

Holding anyone else responsible is not something I can see doing.

Hold a parent responsible when their 12 year old gets into a gun case and accidentally shoots his friend from next door? Absolutely!

Hold a parent responsible when their 22-year-old adult daughter leaves her parents' residence with her child and then kills her child? Absolutely never!

That's how I feel. I understand others feel differently.

I think Rick could have toned down the name calling. However, I agree with what he was saying to Cindy. Cindy needed a good dose of reality. She is one stubborn woman, and it seems like NOTHING was going to get through to her. She refused to believe what was going on around her. I think she knows in her heart of hearts, but doesn't dwell on it because it probably hurts too much. She lost her granddaughter and now her daughter. Her whole family has been turned upside down and run through the mud. Their whole lives are now on public display. Nothing is scared anymore. Once again, I'm sure they NEVER EVER in their wildest nightmares ever thought this would happen to them..

Rick was abusive in my opinion. Calling Cindy names when her beloved Caylee was missing and likely dead is waaaaay below the belt.

As far as helping her with tough love? Calling someone stupid and an idiot during a period of extreme loss and panic is not exactly the best method to get someone to listen to reason.

All that does is make the person want to do anything BUT listen to you.

I do understand that people are happy that Rick is telling it like it is (in his way). But his methods are zero percent helpful.

To me, he is unbelievably mean. Cindy didn't hurt Caylee, KC did. Cindy LOVED Caylee.

Debs, that is a great comparison of tough love vs. bullying.

Exactly. She sought help. She couldn't see into the future as to exactly when to do it, much less anticipate murder. Ultimately, the person accountable for Caylee's death is KC (I totally trust a jury to decide that, too much evidence).

Hold a parent responsible when their 12 year old gets into a gun case and accidentally shoots his friend from next door? Absolutely!

Hold a parent responsible when their 22-year-old adult daughter leaves her parents' residence with her child and then kills her child? Absolutely never!

You're correct, Cindy didn't kill Caylee. I only hold Cindy responsible for allowing her Granddaughters body to rot in the woods, and while a lie is just a mistruth, a rotting body isn't murder. The Rues according to Cindy.
No wonder that family is effed up.

You're correct, Cindy didn't kill Caylee. I only hold Cindy responsible for allowing her Granddaughters body to rot in the woods, and while a lie is just a mistruth, a rotting body isn't murder. The Rues according to Cindy.

I totally agree the family is messed up.

But, KC kept telling Cindy she was going to bring Caylee over during that month. A lot of wtnesses gave accounts of KC speaking with Cindy on the phone almost daily during that time.

I can see where Cindy would be afaid of showing anger at KC then because she REALLY wanted to see Caylee and while KC was gone, she had that power over Cindy. I think Cindy was walking on eggshells with KC during that month because she really wanted her to bring Caylee over and was afraid of making her angry.

After it was discovered that Caylee was really gone...I think Cindy went into what Dr. Bethany Marshall called "deep patholigical denial and undoing of the truth" because the truth was soooo painful.

I think the way Rick treated Cindy in those emails shows a huge amount of frustration with her. I see it as how Lee may have ended up being in the future with Casey had she not screwed up so big now and ended up in prison. After years and years of lies and manipulation.

Rick was abusive in my opinion. Calling Cindy names when her beloved Caylee was missing and likely dead is waaaaay below the belt.

As far as helping her with tough love? Calling someone stupid and an idiot during a period of extreme loss and panic is not exactly the best method to get someone to listen to reason.

All that does is make the person want to do anything BUT listen to you.

I do understand that people are happy that Rick is telling it like it is (in his way). But his methods are zero percent helpful.

To me, he is unbelievably mean. Cindy didn't hurt Caylee, KC did. Cindy LOVED Caylee.

Cindy DID hurt Caylee........Cindy is the catalyst in this. She may not have physically killed her, but she was a part of it just the same and she knows it.

The emails were kind at first until Cindy went ballistic, then Rick got tough with her. She needed to hear it that way, because she only understands what she dishes out.

I believe Caylee would have been found shortly after her death if Cindy had NOT gone along with KC's lies. Cindy KNEW KC was lying and let her do anyway, then tried to cover up for her lies. That kept that baby in the woods rotting away so KC could have a defense. I believe CA knew the longer it went on the less likely she would be found. She would not give Tim clothing for the search dogs, which tells me she may have even known where Caylee was.

I do blame CA and yes, she is to be pitied because she lost her granddaughter, but in my eyes she lost Caylee a LONG time ago, when she let KC run scams on everyone with no consequences.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Cindy DID hurt Caylee........Cindy is the catalyst in this. She may not have physically killed her, but she was a part of it just the same and she knows it.

The emails were kind at first until Cindy went ballistic, then Rick got tough with her. She needed to hear it that way, because she only understands what she dishes out.

I believe Caylee would have been found shortly after her death if Cindy had NOT gone along with KC's lies. Cindy KNEW KC was lying and let her do anyway, then tried to cover up for her lies. That kept that baby in the woods rotting away so KC could have a defense. I believe CA knew the longer it went on the less likely she would be found. She would not give Tim clothing for the search dogs, which tells me she may have even known where Caylee was.

I do blame CA and yes, she is to be pitied because she lost her granddaughter, but in my eyes she lost Caylee a LONG time ago, when she let KC run scams on everyone with no consequences.

I completely disagree, especially with the bolded part, but I admire your conviction.

At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters to me is that Caylee recieves justice and KC never sees freedom ever again.

Thanks for the debate. We'll agree to disagree.

We can however, hold a parent responsible for continuing to believe and perpetuate the lies of that 22 year old adult daughter.

What smelled like a dead body in the trunk suddenly was rotting pizza.

A non existent nanny that Cindy never met in two years really does exist.

It's sick. And if Cindy wants the pity that a mourning grandmother deserves, she should seek justice for Caylee, and if that means pulling her support and ceasing to publicly condone the sick lies of her daughter, so be it.

Every day that Cindy continues to support/not speak out about her daughter's lies is like spitting on her grave.

I did have sympathy for the grandparents a week ago. But the announcement that they will continue to suppprt their daughter literally made me retch. I'm shocked that after their granddaughter is left to rot in the woods mere yards from their home, that they can even consider believing a word that Casey says.

:clap:
We can however, hold a parent responsible for continuing to believe and perpetuate the lies of that 22 year old adult daughter.

It's sick. And if Cindy wants the pity that a mourning grandmother deserves, she should seek justice for Caylee, and if that means pulling her support and ceasing to publicly condone the sick lies of her daughter, so be it.

Every day that Cindy continues to support/not speak out about her daughter's lies is like spitting on her grave.

I did have sympathy for the grandparents a week ago. But the announcement that they will continue to suppprt their daughter literally made me retch. I'm shocked that after their granddaughter is left to rot in the woods mere yards from their home, that they can even consider believing a word that Casey says.

Good thoughts & the key word is PERPETUATE!

I just realized how nauseating it was to watch Cindy plaster herself on every News show Perpetuating her daughter's lies!

I only care that KC is held accountable for Caylee's death. The family's emotional dynamics and denials, etc. are none of my business amd that is up to them to fix or admit to or whatever.

Once again, I am happy to agree to disagree.

I just wanted to add that while I would still love my child and do all I could to help them cope with the situation of their making I would not stand by the lies. I do have compassion and sympathy for them because in the end Caylee loved them and loves them still and I believe that is what she would want from me. To have compassion for her grandparents that she loved.

I just wanted to add that while I would still love my child and do all I could to help them cope with the situation of their making I would not stand by the lies. I do have compassion and sympathy for them because in the end Caylee loved them and loves them still and I believe that is what she would want from me. To have compassion for her grandparents that she loved.

beautiful post...

A very insightful post...thank you!

Just curious, how could a person behave this way? I can't for the life of me wrap my brain around around this. Her thinking is so skewed.

Just curious, how could a person behave this way? I can't for the life of me wrap my brain around around this. Her thinking is so skewed.

And is obviously a trait that she passed on to Casey. The sickness in that family is astounding. Poor little Caylee never had a chance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back