Evidence - When will it be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would start a thread for any information as to when documents may start to become available. Latest I heard, names had to be redacted, but since the evidence is about 3 boxes (from what I heard), that should not take too long.

What is the latest?

According to one site I read, it said they have 15 days get it in order so that it could be released without revealing witness names. I bet they take every bit of that time. :moo:

Me too, Papa. Then again, it's a first to be collecting money for a defense fund via social media too. I think the two go hand in hand.

:moo:

M'OM is not collecting money via social media, the defense fund is on a website and this happens all the time with links back to a facebook page that advertises it. Staff Sgt. Robert Bales has a defense fund set up and Yukari Miyamae has a Legal Defense Fund set up ON facebook (she was accused of groping a TSA agent). I think if you are going to have a defense fund, social media advertising shouldn't be overlooked, JMO.

LOL, little bit O/T, but while we're waiting on a doc dump why not take a tour around the neighborhood? I ran across this at YouTube. It's an old rental pitch from 2010 for a unit not too far from GZ's residence.

Be sure you wave at Francis Taaffe as you go by the front of his place. :floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGeFAvzqyA"]For Rent: 1110 Long Oak Way Retreat at Twin Lakes - YouTube[/ame]

LOL, little bit O/T, but while we're waiting on a doc dump why not take a tour around the neighborhood? I ran across this at YouTube. It's an old rental pitch from 2010 for a unit not too far from GZ's residence.

Be sure you wave at Francis Taaffe as you go by the front of his place. :floorlaugh:

For Rent: 1110 Long Oak Way Retreat at Twin Lakes - YouTube

Thanks alot Papa......a warning to take Dramamine first would have been helpful! So based on that, "John" would have to stand in his tub to get a good look out the bathroom window, yes?

MOM just waived GZs right to a speedy trial, so I believe, it will be a long time before we get a document dump...disappointing for me..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/09/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS256370438820120509

Are you sure about this meaning a delay, Luv? I don't know much about this sort of thing, but thought I heard something about 15 days? I know there's a delay to redact witness info, but will the doc dumps be tied into the speedy trial being waived?

Papa, you never cease to amaze me! That video tells so much.

Are you sure about this meaning a delay, Luv? I don't know much about this sort of thing, but thought I heard something about 15 days? I know there's a delay to redact witness info, but will the doc dumps be tied into the speedy trial being waived?

Don't know how sure, Papa but this is a tactical delay so that MOM can prepare for trial..so would the State hold up their discovery? IDK..

The right to a speedy trial is guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. It ensures that defendants will be brought to trial for their alleged crimes within a reasonable period of time after arrest. It also gives them the right to a jury trial, depending on the crime.

Under Florida's law, defendants charged with a felony -- like George Zimmerman, who's charged with second-degree murder in Trayvon Martin's killing -- must have their case heard within 175 days. For misdemeanor defendants, it's 90 days.

In general, if a case isn't brought to trial within the time limit, defendants can seek to have their charges dismissed because of undue delay. While that might sound good for the defendant, it doesn't happen too often.

So back to the original question. The reason why most attorneys waive their client's right to a speedy trial is so that they can ask for more time to prepare a defense. That's exactly what O'Mara did, and in general, that's why it's usually done.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/09/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS256370438820120509

Maybe this question should be posed in the attorney thread..

How can O'Mara prepare a defense if the State withholds discovery? After the defense gets discovery then we will see it. Hopefully soon. JMO.

Don't know, that's the question..

The state had 15 days to give discovery, so does waiving the right to a speedy trial remove the 15 day disclosure? Does this also give the State more time to prepare??

How can O'Mara prepare a defense if the State withholds discovery? After the defense gets discovery then we will see it. Hopefully soon. JMO.

The state is not the one who asked for the delay, MOM did, claiming the state needed to protect witness names from being released. I don't think MOM wants discovery released too soon while that money keeps rolling into that fund. Discovery might change all of that. We will have to wait and see. What MOM does know is that the state has statements GZ made and there are inconsistencies. Something no defense attorney wants to deal with. It's not like GZ has some unseen person he can blame. jmo

The state had 15 days to give discovery, so does waiving the right to a speedy trial remove the 15 day disclosure? Does this also give the State more time to prepare??

Isn't the rule the state has to provide discovery 15 days after they have completed there reports on the evidence. So ME report should be ready, GZ's statements should also be released, etc. There is a good reason why MOM is not in a hurry to see those statements. If they are what we think they are, I can see MOM shuttering now. lol jmo

I haven't seen anything to suggest that waiving the right to a speedy trial would delay discovery being given to the defense. JMO.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that waiving the right to a speedy trial would delay discovery being given to the defense. JMO.

Thanks...

So, a document dump should be soon...can't wait...

I have read a few mentions on this forum about a reenactment. Where would I look for information on that? i have searched but can't seem to find anything much. Thanks.

I have read a few mentions on this forum about a reenactment. Where would I look for information on that? i have searched but can't seem to find anything much. Thanks.

I don't think anything has been made public other than that Zimmerman re-enacted his version of what happened to police the next day and that it was taped. It will certainly be interesting when that tape is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname