Evidence - When will it be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

That's not the only reason people are sending money to his cause. To some people, them sending money has nothing to do with GZ or his story. Politics are funny like that.

If the politics have anything to do with gun control they put their money on the wrong horse. GZ is a perfect example why some people should not be permitted to carry a gun, i.e. anyone who the court mandated attend an anger management course.

If the politics have anything to do with gun control they put their money on the wrong horse. GZ is a perfect example why some people should not be permitted to carry a gun, i.e. anyone who the court mandated attend an anger management course.

Obviously some folks don't see it like that. And those folks (or the organizations they are affiliated with) have somewhat deep pockets, considering he make 200k in basically 2 weeks.

Obviously some folks don't see it like that. And those folks (or the organizations they are affiliated with) have somewhat deep pockets, considering he make 200k in basically 2 weeks.

Considering he had a conversation with a well known media figure of a talk show I think it's pretty clear to most people where the majority of that money came from and it certainly wasn't a concerned family in Connecticut.

I think most people who carry a concealed weapon are smart enough to recognize that GZ was overly aggressive in how he handled this matter when he knew LE was on the way. jmo

The first round of discovery documents in the George Zimmerman Case are most likely to be provided to O’Mara Law Group on Monday, May 14. Public release of the of the discovery may be delayed as we may be filing a motion to further redact information, and an opportunity to review the discovery is necessary to determine the applicability of that motion. While we understand the frustration of those who want to view the information as soon as possible, we believe that Mr. Zimmerman’s right to a fair trial, decided by an impartial, unbiased jury is paramount.

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/16-george-zimmerman-discovery

The first round of discovery documents in the George Zimmerman Case are most likely to be provided to O’Mara Law Group on Monday, May 14. Public release of the of the discovery may be delayed as we may be filing a motion to further redact information, and an opportunity to review the discovery is necessary to determine the applicability of that motion. While we understand the frustration of those who want to view the information as soon as possible, we believe that Mr. Zimmerman’s right to a fair trial, decided by an impartial, unbiased jury is paramount.

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/16-george-zimmerman-discovery

I'm thinking that MOM really needs to rethink his words more before he speaks or puts out a release to the press. The way the above is worded it sounds as if MOM thinks that Zimmerman will not get a "fair trial" if the people know the real truth about what happened that night based on the findings of the investigation.

MOO

I'm thinking that MOM really needs to rethink his words more before he speaks or puts out a release to the press. The way the above is worded it sounds as if MOM thinks that Zimmerman will not get a "fair trial" if the people know the real truth about what happened that night based on the findings of the investigation.

MOO

That's really kind of funny in an ironic sort of way. MOM's afraid he can't get a fair trial because of people finding out the truth based on the findings of the investigation. Isn't that the point of having a fair trial? There is usually a good reason for truthful evidence being "stacked" against you. jmo

MOO

IMO, it sounds like he doesn't know what's in the documents and wants a chance to see them before they are released. Any defense attorney worth his salt would do the same. Especially when the case is being tried in the public. It's his duty to make sure that a one-sided version of events isn't fed to the public and taken for granted.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

IMO, it sounds like he doesn't know what's in the documents and wants a chance to see them before they are released. Any defense attorney worth his salt would do the same. Especially when the case is being tried in the public. It's his duty to make sure that a one-sided version of events isn't fed to the public and taken for granted.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

But if this is evidence from the LE and AG investigations why would it be one-sided? If would just be the facts they found and reported.

I hope he's not going to try to withhold information just because it is not in GZ's favor...that would be unethical, to me....IMO

But if this is evidence from the LE and AG investigations why would it be one-sided? If would just be the facts they found and reported.

I hope he's not going to try to withhold information just because it is not in GZ's favor...that would be unethical, to me....IMO

I think we will know how bad it is for GZ when MOM tells us how long he wants to hold them up. jmo

SANFORD – Who gets to see the evidence against George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree murder? Today, that will likely become a point of dispute between lawyers in the case and the most powerful media companies in the country.

Defense attorneyMark O'Marahas said he expects to get his first look at the evidence today. He has also warned that he will likely file paperwork, asking the judge to keep key elements from everyone else.

If does, lawyers for the Orlando Sentinel, The New York Times, NBC, CBS, CNN and more than a half dozen other news organizations are expected to weigh in and try to prevent that.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-rachel-fugate

What would benefit be, waiting 2 weeks to release documents to give MOM time to look at it? The only benefit I can see is continued contributions to the fund! Holding the documents for 2 weeks will not change anything at all related to the case!

SANFORD – Who gets to see the evidence against George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree murder? Today, that will likely become a point of dispute between lawyers in the case and the most powerful media companies in the country.

Defense attorneyMark O'Marahas said he expects to get his first look at the evidence today. He has also warned that he will likely file paperwork, asking the judge to keep key elements from everyone else.
If does, lawyers for the Orlando Sentinel, The New York Times, NBC, CBS, CNN and more than a half dozen other news organizations are expected to weigh in and try to prevent that.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-rachel-fugate

BBM

Don't think this judge will comply...the Judge went against both the state and the defense when asked for a gag order...

He also went against keeping the discovery out of public view, he wanted the name of the underage witness redacted and then released...so I don't believe MOM will get that unless the judge agrees to just the two week wait..

And the media is in waiting...they will do as they did with ICA...they want the discovery and they want it now...:grin:

Sometimes judges should keep things under wrap...and this might be the one case to do it...for if it goes against GZ, he might cry some more, he might get those pesky death threats, and he'll cry again as allegedly did waiting the bond hearing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona