GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoey I grew up with some crazy relatives. Forget about getting an 'I'm sorry' from them after they scared the bejesus out of the household and had everyone hiding in the crawl spaces of the house (because of screamed threats of killing the Germans). I came to believe that in the grip of insanity neither of these three relatives thought they were wrong, what they did was wrong or did they feel any remorse.

I relate to that Cuckoohead. I had an untreated paranoid schizophrenic Mom (refused treatment, dad afraid to commit her) who was unable to take responsibility for her actions. Her doctor always told me: "You can not expect the irresponsible to accept responsibility because they simply are not capable".
That was in the 50's and 60's when this "sort of thing" was very hush-hush. She didn't kill me, but I got outta the house at age 18.

11:22 AM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

#ScheneckerTrial back from break. WATCH LIVE: wfts.tv/1jGWUtl

beef chips????

I ate potato chips--salt and vinegar :blushing::seeya:

I'm listening...reading...from Edinburgh, Scotland, so I was trying to use your language... :floorlaugh: Should have said 'beef flavor potato chips' huh?

Where as I would say crisps. :giggle:

I am so curious about the date when PS kicked JS out of the matrimonial home?

First, I feel I owe some here an apology. My intentions were never to offend anyone... ever... that either struggles with mental disorders themselves or have loved ones who do. I have much sympathy and compassion for those that suffer from any type of mental illness.

I hope my posts weren't misinterpreted when I was giving my opinion about the defendant in this case only but if it was I am indeed very sorry. And JS is the only person I referring to and had nothing to do with others here who have mental issues or have family who do.

But honestly, in this case, with this defendant, I just don't see evidence that mental illness was to blame for what JS did to her precious children.

I don't look at any case based on my own life experiences or lack of and even though I don't have any experience with mental illness nor know anyone that does. I do have my own life experience in other subjects that comes up in many trials. But I still do not base my opinions about cases based on my own experience. For me it would cloud my judgment if I did. Its just how I have always looked at any and all cases here. I put my own experiences aside.

I try to take the emotional aspect out of cases and instead look strictly at the evidence entered only. It is very hard to do when children are the victims, I will certainly admit that.

I see so much cognitive thinking on JS part for a week.

1. Planning a date in which to murder them.
2. Having the fortitude and discipline to wait.
3. Buying the murder weapon and giving a plausible reasonable explanation why she wanted one.
4. Willing to wait for the criminal background check to be done.
5. Returning to pick up the weapon.
6. Buying hollow point bullets because she knew they would do more damage.
7. Parking her vehicle with her dead child inside in a spot she never had parked it before.
8. Thought about the neighbors and was worried they may be able to hear the gunshots.
9. Selecting the time of the murder when she knew Parker would be coming back soon.
10. Knowing she had to get Beau in a confined space where he couldn't escape.
11. Coming up behind CS and lying to her why she was there.
12.Shooting them both in the mouth wanting to leave a strong message as to what happens to mouthy kids that she thinks disrespects her.

JMO

I relate to that Cuckoohead. I had an untreated paranoid schizophrenic Mom (refused treatment, dad afraid to commit her) who was unable to take responsibility for her actions. Her doctor always told me: "You can not expect the irresponsible to accept responsibility because they simply are not capable".
That was in the 50's and 60's when this "sort of thing" was very hush-hush. She didn't kill me, but I got outta the house at age 18.

When you factor in "psychotic features" and "schizoaffective disorder" (as per the defense opening statement), you get one heck of a train wreck if not properly medicated and continual follow-up.

I am so curious about the date when PS kicked JS out of the matrimonial home?

that was back in Nov (?)--when she got into her car accident---and got DUI

OK I know this is not what bloodmeridian meant (as he/she answered above), but I googled Beef Chips and they are a form of jerky but dried until they are crispy.
Seems to be a Hawaiian specialty-

http://www.chylerhbc.com/

OK, back to trial..... :D

why is the lead det shirking responsibility?

that was back in Nov (?)--when she got into her car accident---and got DUI

((how could she be driving in January ??)) thought they would have grabbed her license right away....

Nov. accident
Nov/Dec rehab

kids were probably giving her a lot of static about dui....:truce:

after mom and dementia I really admire those that live with it longer---I had 3-4 years of it and those were awful--still haunted by them......

(((zoey))) we both survived it. I chose to develop a somewhat warped sense of humor about what life throws at a person. It sounds crazy but I went along with the flow, like yelling back at my Grandma 'there's no Nazis here Grandma just some Irish kids'. (I was hiding my step sister (who was German) in the crawl space).

I once tried to calm Grandma down by offering to make her a good, Irish cup of tea but she spotted the cups with the dye for Easter Eggs sitting on the counter and drank them instead. Oh well.... life in the fast lane

((how could she be driving in January ??)) thought they would have grabbed her license right away....

Nov. accident
Nov/Dec rehab

kids were probably giving her a lot of static about dui....:truce:

don't know---don't think she was arrested I know after this Parker told her not drive with kids

Yes! Addressing why LE refused to video, both in interrogation and in police vehicle.
CYA!

Me too Chelly! I was out of that looney bin when I turned 18. It was NOT the 'Donna Reed' show!

This is really disturbing to listen to. Although she can convey the events in detail, she has NO concept or cognitive connection to the reality of the situation,!

Agreed...she doesn't even seem to realize the kids are dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member