GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's true that most who talk about it don't do it.

I've been sitting her thinking about that. I spend time with recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, mostly alcoholics though. Many of them have mental disorders. I know a few people offhand that talked about committing suicide and DID.

I have not watched as many trials as most here but I have never seen a situation where the defendant never once even glances at her family. I would really like to know if since 2011 she has had any contact with them. Maybe the camera angle is such that there is some eye contact off camera.

I believe the mental illness (real or invented) plays into that.

Mr BIL is retired ER Dr, his best friend is a psychiatrist, and my sis is a nurse anesthetist. This is what they said recently.

He said that men are 99.9% effective and usually don't tell anyone. Women who talk about is usually a cry for help. The ones who don't talk about don't want anyone to know because they don't want to be saved.

I've been sitting her thinking about that. I spend time with recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, mostly alcoholics though. Many of them have mental disorders. I know a few people offhand that talked about committing suicide and DID.

I also know many who talked about it and did. There might have been a couple gestures before a completed suicide, but when people talk about it they are usually considering it IMO. It might take a while to form the resolve though.

I did not get the impression she was trying to get a lot of sympathy from the doc or exaggerate her condition - if anything, I'd say she minimized it

It just depends on the seriousness. You just never know. That is wonderful you help people!! I admire you.

He said that men are 99.9% effective and usually don't tell anyone. Women who talk about is usually a cry for help. The ones who don't talk about don't want anyone to know because they don't want to be saved.

I bet that psychiatrist would never advise to ignore it when someone talks about suicide - and just assume they are trying to get attention.

I am so sorry to hear about your son's Abigail and Whiteorchids, hugs to you both. As difficult as it is, I am relieved that I do not have to deal with these issues with any of my children, I know I am blessed, I hope you both have excellent resources, family and friends.

I wish she would have offed herself and spared the kids. They never had a chance. They were innocent children caught up in her madness. I get mad thinking about it.

I am so sorry to hear about your son's Abigail and Whiteorchids, hugs to you both. As difficult as it is, I am relieved that I do not have to deal with these issues with any of my children, I know I am blessed, I hope you both have excellent resources, family and friends.

Thank you, lots of family, friends, and prayers.

My vote spite. As I said before she talked about it for years like crying wolf. Most who talk about it DONT.

That would have to be a lot of spite.

I still think her mental illness carried a lot of weight. Whether or not she is insane is another story.

Perhaps it is time for the justice system to take a good look at its definition of insanity and perhaps revise it. Just reading this thread over the past few weeks, we've seen that MI touches the lives of nearly all of us. Family, friends, if not ourselves personally.

I wish she would have offed herself and spared the kids. They never had a chance. They were innocent children caught up in her madness. I get mad thinking about it.

I shouldn't have said that. She should have committed herself when she had those feelings. She would had been admitted immediately.

I bet that psychiatrist would never advise to ignore it when someone talks about suicide - and just assume they are trying to get attention.

I've never known a doctor or mental health professional to ignore it. But, often they CYA and just indicate it in a report or hand over the person talking about suicide to another pro.

Unfortunately, the families of people threatening suicide suffer the most to the point of becoming immune to the threats. Families often think the person is looking for attention.

I shouldn't have said that. She should have committed herself when she had those feelings. She would had been admitted immediately.

Unfortunately, committing oneself is often the last thing a sick and suffering mentally impaired individual is apt to do.

I've never known a doctor or mental health professional to ignore it. But, often they CYA and just indicate it in a report or hand over the person talking about suicide to another pro.

Unfortunately, the families of people threatening suicide suffer the most to the point of becoming immune to the threats. Families often think the person is looking for attention.

I believe the female psychiatrist treating James Holmes Batman killer was told his threats but didn't take him seriously. Laws need to be revised.

I believe the female psychiatrist treating James Holmes Batman killer was told his treats but didn't take him seriously. Laws need to be revised.

Yes, It seems more and more crimes in the news have a mental disorder angle. Our justice system doesn't seem to be keeping up with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53