GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Bravo, for being our "voice of reason" and for notifying us when it was time for uncorking (or decompressing in whatever manner one chooses)!

That's ok with me. Just knowing he's going to be completely isolated and alone and that he knows he is not worthy of mercy is enough for me.

BBM I think that's what he wanted, IMO. He was so calm- probably happy- when the verdict was read ( not like in the guilt phase- a mess with his twitching). In this way, no one can hurt him (like he hurt Cherish..:anguish:.)

Thank you YESorNo, for your tireless updates, which was a lot of work!

And everyone else, I love all of you guys! Thank you!

I fell asleep and missed the sentencing verdict... :thud:

since the jury apparently does not get the “last word”, so to speak, it may be a little easier on them down the road. I am confident the judge will follow their lead.

you’ve all been such a nice group to follow a trial with! :loveyou:

I agree Spelly- a nice group. Thanks to all who have participated, posted links, and just was here for little Cherish...(and her poor mother)...:blowkiss:

The jury deserve a big thank you for their service this must have been an horrendous case to be a juror for. I hope he doesn’t die before he is due to be executed. It’s a pity they can’t do it right away after the court hearing. He is an absolute monster the worst of the worst.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Cherish and that he was punished severely for what he did to her.

May Cherish Perrywinkle Rest In Peace.

BBM I think that's what he wanted, IMO. He was so calm- probably happy- when the verdict was read ( not like in the guilt phase- a mess with his twitching). In this way, no one can hurt him (like he hurt Cherish..:anguish:.)

I think part of him wanted to be able to brag about it to others, though.

Why does the jury come back next Tuesday, 9 am ?

sentencing video posted up-thread, but here’s a link to it https://youtu.be/A1J5BjQhUEA

Not sure what you're seeing but the jurors were thanked by the judge and released. Something like "Your service has ended".

ETA: The penalty phase started Tuesday the 20th, iirc at 9 am.

I've been trying to find an average length of death row in FL, but so far unsuccessful. The 3 executed in 2017 had been on death row for decades.

Patrick Charles Hannon- sentenced to death August 5, 1991 - executed November 8, 2017
Michael Ray Lambrix - sentenced to death March 22, 1984 - executed October 5, 2017
Mark James Asay - sentenced to death November 18, 1988 - executed August 24, 2017
I found it the other night. I'll keep searching for the link. Anyhoo it said 15-20 years. Also the oldest was 72 years of age. I don't think he'll be executed, but live out his life on death row.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If anyone deserved DP it's this awful monster. Does Florida actually execute?
Yes, Florida does -- it'll take some years -- appeals, etc., but they do use that needle.
Apparently, there is an execution scheduled tonight, if I read the notes here correctly.

The man scheduled to be executed in about an hour killed in 1993.

"Branch, 47, is set to die for the 1993 rape and fatal beating of a college student."

Not sure what you're seeing but the jurors were thanked by the judge and released. Something like "Your service has ended".

ETA: The penalty phase started Tuesday the 20th, iirc at 9 am.

ETA: don't listen to me. I was totally off on dates. Sorry :blushing:

I found it the other night. I'll keep searching for the link. Anyhoo it said 15-20 years. Also the oldest was 72 years of age. I don't think he'll be executed, but live out his life on death row.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He will be isolated, have no access to his *advertiser censored* magazine, or the prison drugs, or young girls coming to do a school field trip. 20 years of nothing but 4 walls to stare at is a good enough start for me

if you watch the very end of the verdict video, she says they jury has to come back next Tuesday. But she didn’t say why. :confused:

ETA: Could you maybe listen to the last few minutes and tell me if I heard right? Thanks

I listened to the very end of the one you linked earlier -- it ends with "we'll be in recess" but only for about 10 minutes. Is there another one? I'll be glad to listen.

One Florida inmate was on death row for 45 years until he died (not executed).

This fact sheet gives info about the daily routine on death row in Florida, and other bits and pieces .....

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

(Sorry to butt in here, I have been following along quietly.)

He will be isolated, have no access to his *advertiser censored* magazine, or the prison drugs, or young girls coming to do a school field trip. 20 years of nothing but 4 walls to stare at is a good enough start for me

I wonder what kind of food a toothless inmate is given to eat.

if you watch the very end of the verdict video, she says the jury has to come back next Tuesday. But she didn’t say why. :confused:

ETA: Could you maybe listen to the last few minutes and tell me if I heard right? Thanks And my link was the wrong video!

In the last 30 seconds, judge says they need to resume next Tuesday the 20th

OK. Think I've got it straight now - that was the guilt phase. Tuesday (two days ago) started the penalty phase.

Alabama, Texas, Florida set to hold executions on same night

"If executions set for Alabama, Texas and Florida are carried out Thursday as scheduled, it would mark the first time in more than eight years that three convicted killers were put to death in the U.S. on the same day.

According to statistics kept by the Washington, D.C.-based Death Penalty Information Center, it is not uncommon for multiple executions to be scheduled in one day, but it is unusual for them all to be carried out. That’s because punishments often are halted by courts and execution dates often are withdrawn or rescheduled...

The prisoners set to die Thursday are Doyle Lee Hamm in Alabama; Thomas “Bart” Whitaker in Texas; and Eric Scott Branch in Florida...."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...5838ad0d77a_story.html?utm_term=.0a4468953743
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie