GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I wonder if it means anything that he was charged with obstructing justice and lying to a LEO, and she wasn't.

Should have read further down then I wouldn't have needed to type out my question. Do not understand that but of course this whole thing has my head hurting. Since I read that they finger pointed earlier it made me so mad it triggered a migraine.

I especially like the pic of dad and the toddler with the caption ' killed it' .
That's cute . I mean I understand the term and its meaning but that she
put that on there knowing that someone had literally ' killed' another son of hers
................ lame

I don't think she'll be happy with that picture! No make up, no revealing clothes, no allowing her to stick her fingers up or pout, no tattoo's showing...

The fact that shes' not sobbing and doesnt' appear to have been sobbing recently in that mugshot pretty much eliminates any type of ' battered' woman or dad did it and i was afraid to tell defense. If any of the above were true I would think she'd not be looking so smug and self satisfied and even.......aloof in that pic. I was expecting to see eyes dilated or some indication of drug use...... and do not see that either. Doesn't mean she has not been on drugs, but it looks like a clear conscious expression.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good news for her mom, her "beautiful" daughter finally took a pic with clothes on! She can pat herself on the back for a job well done now.

ETA: I know that sounds unnecessarily cruel but this woman hasn't seen her grandson in many months and her main concern is that her daughter put some clothes on so that people can love her for who she is! Really?

Oh, the inmates will love her for who she really is... ;)

DCF had removed children from the home of Sierra’s mother — with whom the couple had been living most recently.

snip

“That’s what’s confusing,” the police chief said. “This is a large family unit — with grandparents and uncles and aunts — and everyone just thinks this child is with another segment of the family. We know the mother and father had problems, including financial problems. But nobody circled back and checked” on the child’s safety.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/...of-missing-broward-toddler.html#storylink=cpy

I'm beside myself over little Dontrell. How could it be that no one at all cared about this innocent helpless baby?

I really want to know what story they told to Brittney's mother when they moved into her house without Dontrell. I can not think of any story plausible enough to account for a missing child and no attempt to check on his well-being.

Good news for her mom, her "beautiful" daughter finally took a pic with clothes on! She can pat herself on the back for a job well done now.

ETA: I know that sounds unnecessarily cruel but this woman hasn't seen her grandson in many months and her main concern is that her daughter put some clothes on so that people can love her for who she is! Really?

:floorlaugh: I can't help it, this post made me laugh. I don't think I've laughed since I read the first post in this thread. Thank you.

Ok then! let's see if I get this: Sierra called about custody- not being able to see child in Oct. DCF deemed it unworthy of investigation - but cops do investigate-due to a service call about parents fighting; reporting child may not be alive. Recently, an unrelated "child abuse/neglect" call was made. This time- someone (childnet or DCF) **It hits the fan....

wow...:(

just my two cents here..

but what if she made this call because of guilt. If she had a part to play in the little one's death as well (and I think both of them did.. even if it was that she did not actively participate but knew about it and stood by and did nothing to stop or prevent it) .. and the guilt was getting to her.. she could have called she was trying to get authorities to notice he was missing and let the investigation go from there. The custody call might be the only thing she could have thought of at the time to perk their interest. On the surface she would not want to get caught.. but deep inside.. she might think that getting it out in the open would help her deal with her role in it or relieve her of some of her guilt .. something like that anyways. lol

moo

Wild

This is not directed at anybody in particular but it drives me nuts when 'we' try to excuse or justify the mothers in these situations. When a crime is committed against a helpless child there should be no grey areas. You either take a stand against it by reporting it or you show your support by remaining silent. Staying with the abuser and giving him more victims by choosing to reproduce with him makes you every bit as guilty as he is.

Threaten to kill 'me' for calling the cops? Big deal, you've already killed my child and as a mother there is nothing worse you could do to me. I will never understand any other option.

i am confused:
he says he thought baby is with HER parents
she says she thought baby d. was with HIS parents
assuming this is true, that they both believed the lies they told each other, it never occurred to either of them to call or to drop to see the little guy??
how can a baby go missing in a family and not a single person notices???
the bail for each is 7500, is that how much baby dontrell's life is worth, 15000 bucks? and nope, personally i don't believe in the DP but sometimes i do wish hell was for real...

i am confused:
he says he thought baby is with HER parents
she says she thought baby d. was with HIS parents
assuming this is true, that they both believed the lies they told each other, it never occurred to either of them to call or to drop to see the little guy??
how can a baby go missing in a family and not a single person notices???
the bail for each is 7500, is that how much baby dontrell's life is worth, 15000 bucks? and nope, personally i don't believe in the DP but sometimes i do wish hell was for real...

How could he think the baby was with her parents when they lived with her mother? :waitasec:

How could he think the baby was with her parents when they lived with her mother? :waitasec:
^^
told you i am confused!:blushing:
maybe i got it wrong but my understanding was that they told each other that the baby was with a different set of grandparents...
en fin, at the end of the day it is all hearsay, the only certainty is that this little guy has been let down by so many people in such a short life.
to baby d., wherever you are i hope that at last you are in peace...

I have a couple of comments...

1. The 'father' CM looks scary to me. I am yet to see a photo of him where he wasn't looking miserable and kinda angry/hateful.

2. Paraphrasing this comment from BJS's father from Jan 2012 - he says how Dontrell is gorgeous and that she must do the right thing by the children... Does this mean that he already suspected that she wasn't exactly a shining example of a mother?

3. The house in the background of her photos is filthy! I can't imagine the conditions that these children were living in if she was perfectly happy to show the house in that state.

4. I actually thought that it looked red underneath her eyes in her mugshot, but perhaps that was just me hoping she was feeling terrible over what they did:waitasec:

5. The extended family knew that something had happened imo. There is no way they couldn't have known.

All MOO

Reading on his FB in April a family member asked where D was and CM said "mama house" the family member said "no he ain't, ...." So maybe it was she that called Child Services?

Also, wonder what the arrest was 2 years ago that BS has on the file

Also, I think that BS and her dad look like they were estranged and then have made contact - but not so much for him to meet up with her in the past 2 years

^^
told you i am confused!:blushing:
maybe i got it wrong but my understanding was that they told each other that the baby was with a different set of grandparents...
en fin, at the end of the day it is all hearsay, the only certainty is that this little guy has been let down by so many people in such a short life.
to baby d., wherever you are i hope that at last you are in peace...

They got away with this for so long I think they might have got away with it for years and years if they'd split up and moved somewhere far away from the relatives. Then you could complain that the other parent has the custody of the baby and isn't being good about letting you see him, because they moved to Tokyo or something. Perhaps send them some blurry photos of some other child with a resemblance.

But there's just no good way to stay together and have another child together and explain why you never see the previous baby any more.

This was in Florida right? I cannot tell you how many crazy horror stories involving children I have seen out of Florida in the last 5 years , maybe more. It seems when you hear a wild unbelievable story it's always in Florida. Didn't FLORIDA child services have a similar incident about 2 years ago where a little one died and they had already been in the home and removed him and he was in fostercare and somehow no one noticed him missing for a long time? I mean I understand any agency can get it wrong now and then, but they seem to have a knack for massive failures that result in dead babies. Do your job Florida ! Grrrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyStebbins78
Back