GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: My best friend and neighbor when I was growing up -- from age 3 -- was Jewish. I was raised Catholic. My family took her to one of the Catholic services with us (boring). My sister and I went to the Synagogue with her family -- and went back a second time. It was a lot more fun!

Off topic: My best friend and neighbor when I was growing up -- from age 3 -- was Jewish. I was raised Catholic. My family took her to one of the Catholic services with us (boring). My sister and I went to the Synagogue with her family -- and went back a second time. It was a lot more fun!
I never got why Donna kept saying to take them specifically to a CATHOLIC church and convert them to CATHOLICISM. Tallahassee is in the Bible Belt, and her angle seemed to be to say that they would fit in better there if they were Christian. I know there are Catholics there, but that’s not really what “Bible Belt” means in the context of the American South. It’s weird to me. Does she not know the difference?

I wonder if the defense has had the jury consultant hosting a mock jury watching the trial in their offices in NY. Did they poll the mock jurors this morning or over the weekend? Could that be reason for the very downcast demeanor of Rash? Has the second lawyer been communicating with the consultant via her computer on a real-time basis throughout the trial?

"Religion is brainwashing?" Now that I listen to prosecutor's summation, DA is the one who seems to do a pretty interesting job of brainwashing, too:
Your Dad and I are losing money in order to take care of Wendy's life.
Your Dad is experiencing health problems.
We are your "only family"
WA was being hurt by DM and causing her undue stress
edited to add GC is doing a fabulous job and projecting really well to the jury. DR keeps sideglancing to the jury
box to see their faces as GC puts it all together.

I wonder if the defense has had the jury consultant hosting a mock jury watching the trial in their offices in NY. Did they poll the mock jurors this morning or over the weekend? Could that be reason for the very downcast demeanor of Rash? Has the second lawyer been communicating with the consultant via her computer on a real-time basis throughout the trial?
I don’t understand why they didn’t do a mock jury before the trial started. It would have helped them see how ridiculous and implausible their theory was

Don't worry, you are not alone! I had a mouse at 3:30 am who was stuck in one of my bug motels! It was terrifying -- inside a utility closet and flailing mightily with the cardboard box enveloping it. I was too cowardly to open the closet door until daylight when I found that he had apparently checked out of the motel.
Lol! We need a thread to discuss things like this! I live in Florida and while I don’t have mice, I have more terrifying palmetto bug stories than I wish I had. They are huge cockroaches- some are the size of a small dog (ok I exaggerate). If you live in Fla - you have a stories about them!

Anyway! Georgia is so calm and laying this all out nicely! I’m pleased so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH