FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Link to a podcast with information about a volunteer that said she saw the septic tank above ground right before Don disappeared.
Info from Don's mechanic that worked on the van days before he went missing.
And Carole allegedly told Anne Mcqueen to stop trying to call Don because she found his phone in one of their vehicles.
Real Life Real Crime / "What Happened To Don Lewis?" Part 3

Link to a podcast with information about a volunteer that said she saw the septic tank above ground right before Don disappeared.
And Carole allegedly told Anne Mcqueen to stop trying to call Don because she found his phone in one of their vehicles.

"The world is a better place without Don in it!", VCS Sr. (CB's father)
smh

MOO

Each time I read another article or hear another Woody Overton/ Jim Rathmann podcast, I just get a sinking, nauseous feeling. Horrific things happened to Don Lewis that even his wealth & savvy couldn’t dodge. He was so close to his CR escape. Experts have always said leaving is the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence. His murderer is a terrifying individual- premeditated, not crime of passion imo. Might have been sped up by events though.

What concerns me about the truly “overwhelming” evidence, is that I fear much of it to be inadmissible. Prior legal issues of the parties (perjury, forgery, illegal use of notary commission, meth dealing, murder-for-hire conviction, etc) could be thrown out as is often the case. Still have timing of real-estate transactions, witness testimony, estate documents, phone service discontinued, etc. But then you have he-said/she-saids that a good attorney will neutralize.

It occurred to me this morning... DL was 23 years older than his wife. In August, he’ll have been missing 23 years. So... CB is now the age Don was when his life was destroyed. Does she think about the years that were taken from him? Or the years taken from his kids?

The day of arrest/conviction will be a day I celebrate. This case truly bothers me. No excuse it hasn’t been solved.

From the link below:
In fact, leaving an abuser is the most dangerous time for a victim of domestic violence. One study found in interviews with... <killers> ...that either threats of separation by their partner or actual separations were most often the precipitating events that lead to the murder.”
NCADV | National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

Interesting details about HCSO:

There’ve been 3 sheriffs since Don went missing:
1992-2004 Cal Henderson: In charge when Don’s van was returned to Carol- later searched, wiped clean. Few interviews with Don’s associates.

2004–2017 David Gee: no idea what progress was made on the case during his reign.

2017–Present Chad Chronister: says he’s ramping up investigation. No clue if he ever knew/worked with CB’s brother or partner. He first joined HCSO Feb 1992, became a full-time patrol deputy by June- worked midnight shift for years, in narcotics- likely knew those investigating Don’s disappearance imo. CC has income from DeBartolo Holdings LLC, DeChron Holdings LLC, Any Car USA, Black Rock Bar & Grill, and a Tampa company that owns PDQ restaurants, according to his elections disclosure. Also ties to DeBartolo Family Foundation. Idk if any of those link to BCR? Not insinuating corruption, but an honest investigation would have to show no ties imo.
New sheriff won over those in power. The voters? They don’t get a say

To HCSO credit, they are unbelievably understaffed. From the link:
The office has one of the lowest officer-to-citizen ratios in the state with 1.4 deputies per 1000 citizens. The national average is 2.3 per 1000. The population of Hillsborough County in 2006 was 1,157,738.”
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office (Florida) - Wikipedia

Command Staff - Chad Chronister | HCSO, Tampa FL
Local Candidates - Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections

Hey Everyone,

I need your help ASAP. Since I cannot go through this thread with a fine-tooth comb I need to know if any of you have uncovered anything new. If you have please post about it as soon as possible. That includes if you have debunked something that is out there.

By new I mean just on this thread. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking in the case. Anything you discovered that you did not know before you started on this thread.

If you have uncovered something new but, because of our rules, have not been able to post then please send it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thank you,

Tricia

JDL as "Testatrix" ??? (Aside from 'Tracing" Issue)
"Expert: Signature of Tiger King’s Don Lewis ‘traced’ on his will"
"Powerful evidence if murder charges are brought, law professor says"
Expert: Signature of Tiger King’s Don Lewis ‘traced’ on his will — Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting
@PatLaurel :)
TigerKing-Lewis-signatures-01.jpg

Image from link shows JDL's (purported) sig just above "Testatrix: Jack Donald Lewis"* {{ETA: In viewing the other 'overlapping' doc image at link, I do not see the "Testatrix" at his sig. Is image above from same doc or diff doc?}}

Huh?!?! Why would JDL sign as "Testatrix" which is the term for female signing her will?
Okay, JDL himself might not have noticed, may have signed it.
An attorney-drafted will for a male would use the term "Testat
or."
Some atty's use "Testator" to designate either a male or female signing will, using that as a gender neutral term, while I doubt if any atty thinks Testatrix is gender-neutral.
Seems unusual or just plain wrong, that atty-drafted will would use "Testatrix" for JDL.

So who drafted the will? Atty/law firm, maybe w "just a typo"? Or someone applying duress or undue influence over JDL, re terms of distribution of his estate?
{{ETA 2: Now I see in article: "
Aronoff could not be reached for comment. Nor could Doug Edwards, whose signature also appears on the document, or Baskin, who prepared the documents." Did Carole admit in court to having drafted the doc's?}}
Was will admitted to probate?
{{ETA 3: Appears to me the will was admitted to probate.}}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equivalent of Leonardo DeCaprio signing contract, designating him as "Actress" not "Actor."

Last edited:
JDL as "Testatrix" ??? (Aside from 'Tracing" Issue)
@PatLaurel :)
TigerKing-Lewis-signatures-01.jpg

Image from link shows JDL's (purported) sig just above "Testatrix: Jack Donald Lewis"* {{ETA: In viewing the other 'overlapping' doc image at link, I do not see the "Testatrix" at his sig. Is image above from same doc or diff doc?}}

Huh?!?! Why would JDL sign as "Testatrix" which is the term for female signing her will?
Okay, JDL himself might not have noticed, may have signed it.
An attorney-drafted will for a male would use the term "Testat
or."
Some atty's use "Testator" to designate either a male or female signing will, using that as a gender neutral term, while I doubt if any atty thinks Testatrix is gender-neutral.
Seems unusual or just plain wrong, that atty-drafted will would use "Testatrix" for JDL.

So who drafted the will? Atty/law firm, maybe w "just a typo"? Or someone applying duress or undue influence over JDL, re terms of distribution of his estate?
{{ETA 2: Now I see in article: "
Aronoff could not be reached for comment. Nor could Doug Edwards, whose signature also appears on the document, or Baskin, who prepared the documents." Did Carole admit in court to having drafted the doc's?}}
Was will admitted to probate?
{{ETA 3: Appears to me the will was admitted to probate.}}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equivalent of Leonardo DeCaprio signing contract, designating him as "Actress" not "Actor."

The first sig is Don's marriage certificate, the second one is the will.

CB stated Don was spending too much money on their attorneys and that a secretary "was failing miserably" doing her work, so they fired her and CB then started to do the legal work for Don. How convenient...?!

I don't think the use of testatrix was a typo... CB wanted the will to sound "professionally prepared" but, she ended up misinterpreting a legal term. "Testatrix a woman who makes a will, who leaves will."... And not the "woman" who prepares it for the testator to sign. This, and the POA stating "prepared by Mrs. Jack Donald Lewis", leaves no doubts CB was the one who created the docs. MOO JMO

None of Don's sigs match but these three. The marriage certificate in 1991, and the will and POA both in 1996. For someone who "suffered from dementia" and "could not read or write", i'm impressed how perfectly he reproduced his signature... :rolleyes:
MOO JMO

JDL's Sigs.
The first sig is Don's marriage certificate, the second one is the will.
CB stated Don was spending too much money on their attorneys and that a secretary "was failing miserably" doing her work, so they fired her and CB then started to do the legal work for Don. How convenient...?!
I don't think the use of testatrix was a typo... CB wanted the will to sound "professionally prepared" but, she ended up misinterpreting a legal term. "Testatrix a woman who makes a will, who leaves will."... And not the "woman" who prepares it for the testator to sign. This, and the POA stating "prepared by Mrs. Jack Donald Lewis", leaves no doubts CB was the one who created the docs. MOO JMO
None of Don's sigs match but these three. The marriage certificate in 1991, and the will and POA both in 1996. For someone who "suffered from dementia" and "could not read or write", i'm impressed how perfectly he reproduced his signature... :rolleyes:
MOO JMO
@PatLaurel :) Thx for your response.

'Legal work', sounding 'professionally prepared'? CB did not quite swing it.
Bbm re those ^ specific 3 sig's: Thanks for digging further, as I had not drilled down far enough re the doc's.

Bbm re his reading & writing: Based on his (June, 1997?) request for temp injunction re CB, seems to me, he had trouble beyond some basic R & W, gen literacy. Not trying to diagnose. Dyslexia? Physical prob w fingers/hands & pens? Learning disability? Despite this, seems he had some good business sense.

Were These Doc's Offered in Litigation?
"Lewis’ longtime executive assistant, Anne McQueen, said the only will and power of attorney she knew about was under her desk.
"Lewis made McQueen the executor for his will, power of attorney and life insurance. His family said he trusted her completely." bbm
Who is the ^ "family"? Offspring of JDL? Okay. Wife #1, divorced in 1990? Still "family" yrs later?
Based on CB's stmts in TK series & her recent SM, seems CB did not "trust McQueen completely" at least not recently. What about 'back then'?

After JDL's disappearance -
If JDL named McQ agent by JDL in his P of A, when there was a bruhaha in ct about who had authority to handle his finances, properties, accounts, etc, then, did McQ offer this POA in the litigation? Did she become a party?

After JDL was declared dead -
If McQ was named as executor by JDL in his will (under her desk), did she submit it to the probate ct? Anyone run across that?

"But on the new will and power of attorney that emerged after his disappearance, his wife was named the executor."
^ from Expert: Signature of Tiger King’s Don Lewis ‘traced’ on his will — Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting

Just wondering.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Splitting a Few Hairs re Terminology?
The maker of a will names an executor* to carry out instructions of the will, usu. to
distribute testator's property, usu w assistance from atty, per probate court procedure, after testator's death.
A power of atty doc names an "agent" to act on beahlf of the "prinicipal" only while principal is alive.
Life insurance policies allow purchaser to designate "beneficiary" (single or plural) to receive the $$$, after the death of the insured's life. (
Purchaser may designate primary beneficiaries (may also name contingent benficiaries, to receive $$$ if primary bene's pre-decease the "insured life.")

The three ^ bbm may be one person, two diff ppl, or three diff ppl, but the term 'executor' does not relate to PoA's or insurance policies.

Were These Doc's Offered in Litigation?
"Lewis’ longtime executive assistant, Anne McQueen, said the only will and power of attorney she knew about was under her desk.
"Lewis made McQueen the executor for his will, power of attorney and life insurance. His family said he trusted her completely." bbm
Who is the ^ "family"? Offspring of JDL? Okay. Wife #1, divorced in 1990? Still "family" yrs later?
Based on CB's stmts in TK series & her recent SM, seems CB did not "trust McQueen completely" at least not recently. What about 'back then'?

After JDL's disappearance -
If JDL named McQ agent by JDL in his P of A, when there was a bruhaha in ct about who had authority to handle his finances, properties, accounts, etc, then, did McQ offer this POA in the litigation? Did she become a party?

After JDL was declared dead -
If McQ was named as executor by JDL in his will (under her desk), did she submit it to the probate ct? Anyone run across that?

"But on the new will and power of attorney that emerged after his disappearance, his wife was named the executor."
^ from Expert: Signature of Tiger King’s Don Lewis ‘traced’ on his will — Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting

Just wondering.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Splitting a Few Hairs re Terminology?
The maker of a will names an executor* to carry out instructions of the will, usu. to
distribute testator's property, usu w assistance from atty, per probate court procedure, after testator's death.
A power of atty doc names an "agent" to act on beahlf of the "prinicipal" only while principal is alive.
Life insurance policies allow purchaser to designate "beneficiary" (single or plural) to receive the $$$, after the death of the insured's life. (
Purchaser may designate primary beneficiaries (may also name contingent benficiaries, to receive $$$ if primary bene's pre-decease the "insured life.")

The three ^ bbm may be one person, two diff ppl, or three diff ppl, but the term 'executor' does not relate to PoA's or insurance policies.
Just responding to 2 of your questions.

Did McQ offer this POA in the litigation? Did she become a party? After JDL was declared dead - If McQ was named as executor by JDL in his will (under her desk), did she submit it to the probate ct? Anyone run across that?

Answer is no, she didn’t/couldn’t offer Don’s original will & POA to court because a few days after Don’s disappearance was reported, CB had KF & VS break into the office gate to remove all filing cabinets, office equipment & furnishings from Don’s office, run by AM. IIRC this happened on Friday Aug 22 when AM was giving her statement to LE. CB knew she’d be away. Don never wanted CB to have a key. So Don’s old will disappeared & the new came into play.

This is documented in those 3 podcasts by Real Life, Real Crime. Links somewhere in last 20-30 posts.

When all the details finally come out, I think this case will be far more exotic & eccentric than Tiger King. Moo.

Just responding to 2 of your questions.
Did McQ offer this POA in the litigation? Did she become a party? After JDL was declared dead - If McQ was named as executor by JDL in his will (under her desk), did she submit it to the probate ct? Anyone run across that?
Answer is no, she didn’t/couldn’t offer Don’s original will & POA to court because a few days after Don’s disappearance was reported, CB had KF & VS break into the office gate to remove all filing cabinets, office equipment & furnishings from Don’s office, run by AM. IIRC this happened on Friday Aug 22 when AM was giving her statement to LE. CB knew she’d be away. Don never wanted CB to have a key. So Don’s old will disappeared & the new came into play.
This is documented in those 3 podcasts by Real Life, Real Crime. Links somewhere in last 20-30 posts.
When all the details finally come out, I think this case will be far more exotic & eccentric than Tiger King. Moo.
@JudgeJoe :)
Thank you for your attn to detail and your steel-trap mind in remembering all this from so many sources.:D:D:D

@JudgeJoe :)
Thank you for your attn to detail and your steel-trap mind in remembering all this from so many sources.:D:D:D
Lol- thanks for the vote of confidence, but the ol’ steel trap gets rusty from time to time! I think I remember so much with this case because it is such a wild horrific tale. And maybe because I feel personally connected. My fam went to BCR a few times- love the big cats, but instinctively felt so uncomfortable, never went back. Something really off there, could never put my finger on it. And we bought & traded RVs at Lazy Days, where Jay Baykal claims CB feared bones would be found. And worked across I-4, where KF’s ex-wife thinks Don’s remains are. I oddly feel I would have really liked to know Don. Hope to see justice for him & his fam. Asap too!

Here’s an article written at the time Don was legally declared dead.
Jorge Fernandez has spent much of the last five years, looking for Don Lewis.The Lewis case is one of the most extensive missing persons files at the Hillsborough county sheriffs office.Fernandez worked the case with Larry Lingo Senior.

So what do Lingo & Fernando know? And what, if any, were their ties to Stairs, Chronister, Gee & Henderson?

Also a weird bit about 2 ocelots in Costa Rica:
Two ocelots... on Lewis' land near Begacus, had been shipped someplace, but detectives never found out where.
Disappearance on Easy Street | wtsp.com

ETA: Article refers to Begaces, Costa Rica twice- quote above misspells it. That’s where Don’s 200 acres were. Miravalles Volcano and Volcan Tenorio nearby.

Last edited:
Here’s an article written at the time Don was legally declared dead.
Jorge Fernandez has spent much of the last five years, looking for Don Lewis.The Lewis case is one of the most extensive missing persons files at the Hillsborough county sheriffs office.Fernandez worked the case with Larry Lingo Senior.

So what do Lingo & Fernando know? And what, if any, were their ties to Stairs, Chronister, Gee & Henderson?

SBM & BBM

Didn't KF's ex-wife say JF were friends with KF?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back