FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what I think of Leonard...

but at this point... I personally think ANY help on this case that gets in in the public's face repeatedly is what's needed.

She didn't just vanish. Someone stole her and that monster needs to be caught.. and I do think it's time that fresh eyes looked at the evidence.

This case has haunted me since I first read about it.... and I'm glad to see people discussing it.

I don't think this has been mentioned before but the POI in the surveillance photo may be wearing a driving hat (backwards) or a beret - possibly black leather. Black berets are not an uncommon Latino gang accessory - I am of the opinion that there was more than one person involved in Jennifer's abduction - is there possibly a gang connection here?

Attachments

• POI-DRIVING CAP.jpg
    POI-DRIVING CAP.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 73
  • p-classic-beret.jpg
    p-classic-beret.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 68
I don't think this has been mentioned before but the POI in the surveillance photo may be wearing a driving hat (backwards) or a beret - possibly black leather. Black berets are not an uncommon Latino gang accessory - I am of the opinion that there was more than one person involved in Jennifer's abduction - is there possibly a gang connection here?

I agree, that's the type of hat I see.

It is possible, Dearmont. Makes as much sense as anything else in this case. I could see a beret tho. (Altho...it still looks "rolled" to me.)

I think it would be great if Leonard got involved. There is no harm he could do, and I would be thankful for anyone that volunteers to help with any case.

Have they gone back and pulled up ping information? There were 2 cell phones missing correct? Going back to the time this happened it seems there was alot of crime going on. I think there could be a good chance this case is connected to one or more.

The beret is a good thought. Maybe it is a contruction hat.

I wonder if they ever found out who was robbing the units at her condo using a master key.

1389767.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I believe both cells were off so that means no ping.

That to me is important.... did the abductor immobilize her and reach into her purse take out her cell and shut it down.... or was it in her hand....

There isn't enough height on the hat for it to be construction, imo. (This is also the reason I discount it being a helmet.)

I was thinking about her cell phone just this morning. Because it was off, I think the perp intentionally turned it off. (suggests someone knew the phone could trace them, imo) I also believe the friend's phone was simply dead already.

I don't know if they were able to run a triangulation on the pings. I would be interested to know the results of where she was pinging when it was turned off tho.

I'm sure the friend's phone was off or dead...

But.... if it was quick abduction to have the presence of mind to look through her purse (most likely as opposed to briefcase) to locate and shut off the cell... speaks to the organized focus of the perp.

Or, it was in her hand....

Of course, if he had a weapon he could have had her turn it over asap.

Turning the phone off, if that is what the perp did, would suggest serious criminal sophistication. I suspect that Jen's boyfriend would have know if she routinly turned it off. Actually, the fact the neither phone was ever used is suggestive that this is an experienced (or at least crafty) criminal who is not motivated by financial need. Among immigrants, stolen cell phones are particularly prized because calls home can be pretty expensive. My guess is that he was being real careful and was not going to take an unnecssary risk by selling or using the phones.

Turning the phone off, if that is what the perp did, would suggest serious criminal sophistication. I suspect that Jen's boyfriend would have know if she routinly turned it off. Actually, the fact the neither phone was ever used is suggestive that this is an experienced (or at least crafty) criminal who is not motivated by financial need. Among immigrants, stolen cell phones are particularly prized because calls home can be pretty expensive. My guess is that he was being real careful and was not going to take an unnecssary risk by selling or using the phones.
I agree. Evidently, LE found no calls to or from either phone after she talked to Rob the night before at 10:00 pm.

I believe her family had mentioned her phone was usually on.

It's also extremely critical and rarely mentioned if at all that Jennifer did not call her boyfriend that morning as she always did, and did not answer when he called because he hadn't heard from her.

He mentioned the call or text would come early in the morning. For there to be no call, and no ping from a phone she always left on, or as her mother put it, she was always reachable, and that she had promised the night before to overnight the other cell phone to her brother's friend, which she had to do either before work or at noon (unless a very unlikely statement is obtained that employees at her company overnighted personal items on the company account and reimbursed), indicates to me that she went out to a FedEx/Kinkos on Orange Blossom or Kirkman to overnight it possibly early on the way to work or possibly in casual clothes and planned to come back to get ready for work.

Although ping information traveling is not necessarily available later on, a call to her from Rob should have been recorded as what tower was communicating with her phone or whether there was no ping at that point, and the time of that call is critical.

I've seen little to no coherent info on this, just one interview of Rob and some early reporting, and nothing else since ever mentioned.

Also, the back of the hat in the stills is commensurate in roundness and height to a bike helmet in my opinion. It even has a little double hump on the very back that I've seen in other bike helmet pictures as well.

However, I also mention in my Blowups page that it could be beret or bike helmet. The military regulations of the bike patrol uniform called for wearing a beret when not wearing the bike helmet. It's a perfectly rounded back end of a bike helmet I believe though, along with white athletic socks and biking shoes amd the full regalia of a law enforcement officer.

rd

For three years, family, friends and her college sorority sisters have been looking for Jennifer Kesse, wondering what happened to her.

Jennifer Kesse would be 26 now. She has been missing since January 24, 2006.

Last week, on the third anniversary of Kesse's disappearance, an inmate in a Florida prison said he might have the answer.

David Russ, a convicted killer being held at the Seminole County Jail, spoke last week with the missing woman's father, Drew Kesse, claiming he had information that could lead to a break in the case.

Details are being withheld from the public. In a jailhouse phone call with CNN, Russ hinted he'd eavesdropped on other inmates. He also was outspoken about his skepticism toward investigators.

"The investigators have messed this case up from the beginning and cannot be trusted," he said. That's why he asked to speak directly with the missing woman's father, he said.

Orlando police are just as skeptical of Russ. They said he provided information they already had.

"His information is not some big break in the case," said Sgt. Barbara Jones of the Orlando Police Department. "We are still hoping for new tips that could lead us to finding Jennifer Kesse."

The 24-year-old financial adviser was just back from a Caribbean vacation with her boyfriend and was getting back into her routine. She went to work at her new job, came home to her new condominium and called her parents. Watch an update on the case »

At 10 p.m., she called her boyfriend, who lived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Then, her family believes, she went to bed.

The next morning, she got up and showered for work. Her clothes were neatly laid out on her bed, her family says, suggesting she may have tried on a few outfits before deciding what to wear to the office. Then, she disappeared, her family said.

She did not show up for work that Tuesday morning and her employer reported her missing.

Police found Kesse's Chevy Malibu two days later. It was parked in a gated lot about one mile down the road from the condominium complex where she lived. Inside the vehicle, police found some of Kesse's personal items, but her purse, wallet, two cell phones and briefcase were missing. The car doors were locked and the car keys were not found.

Police later released a video surveillance tape of the car being parked in the lot by someone other than Kesse.

The grainy video partially shows a person walking away from the car, past a parking lot gate. Police are uncertain if this person of interest is a man or a woman, because the image is partially obscured by the gate.

The person is described as 5 feet 4 inches, with a short haircut, wearing light-colored clothes and dark shoes. The video is time and date-stamped at noon on the day Kesse disappeared.

Forensic tests on the vehicle came back inconclusive, Sgt. Jones said. No blood or other trace evidence was found to show that Kesse had been injured in the vehicle.

Drew Kesse said that every Tuesday, landscapers worked at the condo complex near his daughter's parking space. The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.

"The only theory we could come up with is that she walked out her front door and was kidnapped somewhere between her front door and the parking lot where her car was. We think since the landscapers didn't see her, she must not have even made it out of the hallways or stairwells of the condo complex," Drew Kesse said.

He added that there weren't any surveillance cameras in the hallways or stairwells at the time his daughter was living there.

Sgt. Jones said investigators have developed forensic evidence from Kesse's car that could someday match with a person of interest and identify a suspect. Police have also released a photo of a green clover tattoo on Kesse's left hip.

Anyone with information leading to Jennifer Kesse or the person responsible for her disappearance is asked to call the tip line at 1-800-423-TIPS. The reward is $10,000. Kesse would be 26 years old and has blonde hair, green eyes, is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds.

Which proves my point. Jennifer always left between 7:30 and 7:45? Ok, fine, she also always called Rob, and didn't. Not mentioned.

Jennifer always had a cell phone to overnight to her brother's frined? Of course not, not mentioned.

And the big duh, Jennifer not seen leaving the complex? Hello, if she had already left she wouldn't have been seen leaving! Did a neighbor say she was walking her dog and didn't see Jennifer's car that morning as usual? Not mentioned.

Ping and call information on her cell phone? Not mentioned.

That the police found their own dark uniforms showed light in the camera as the suspect's did? Not mentioned.

Not to mention the law enforcement uniform and gear I found and notified the Orland police and Orlando paper about. Not mentioned.

rd

This could be a possibility, imo. It is 21.6 mi/31 mins from Jenn's complex.

Osceola County sheriff's detectives and forensics technicians were investigating the incident, which was called suspicious.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18669183/detail.html#-

If the skeletal remains were in such a state they could not easily be identified as human, it would fit somewhat with the time frame of when Jenn went missing...or they could be animal remains.

Thanks, Believe, for bringing that over to this thread.

I would like to know the information which keeps popping up from David Russ which they mention hasn't changed. The fact it hasn't changed makes it even more curious to me. Like Mr. Kesse mentioned, David believes it is true and believes he is trying to help. Are they discounting the story only because of the circumstances of where it coming from? Is there something in the story which could ring true they are overlooking?

Originally posted by CanManEh: Drew Kesse said that every Tuesday, landscapers worked at the condo complex near his daughter's parking space. The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.

"The only theory we could come up with is that she walked out her front door and was kidnapped somewhere between her front door and the parking lot where her car was. We think since the landscapers didn't see her, she must not have even made it out of the hallways or stairwells of the condo complex," Drew Kesse said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/27/grace.coldcase.kesse/index.html
This would indicate the landscapers DID see her car there at that time which appears to discount what the woman claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria