FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously searching.

I agree thats why i pasted that article up there .what i found weird is that if you think about it why do most convicts snitch or even make up lies . they do it so they can get something in in return usually a tv radio maybe a different location but something so it strikes me as having a ring of truth when he one states that there has been some mistrust on the part of the police and that he wanted to talk directlly to mr kesse thats just what i was thinking certinally mr kesse couldnt give him any perke to make his jail time go easier but yet he still choose to tell mr kesse not the LE ..anyways thats why i posted that article for people to read. AND this happen how long ago ..not to long and now they have found a body 21 miles from her complex maybe he did know more then the police are saying if its her they found that is..

I just had a thought in regards to the cell phone being off and no pings....What if it was thrown in water, like a creek or lake, etc.... That is one possible explanation. Maybe the perp threw her belongings in a body of water, which would ruin the phone and "power" if off. Thoughts?

It was stated (will have to find the link) that this information in no way helps David Russ with his sentence and does not appear to be a motive for him to come forward.

I disagree on multiple counts. It just says they didn't see her leave, not that they saw her car. And they saw her car, but didn't see it leave later?

Nope, she left before.

rd
LE would not be bringing up the landscapers if they didn't see her OR the car that morning. They saw the car. If they had not seen either one...no reason to even mention it. This is indicated in the follow up statement by Mr. Kesse that she must have not made it outside of the hallway or stairwell. No car = no basis for the statement.

SS bare with me ..are u asking me for the link i provided about what david russ had said that article is that what your asking for..sorry kinda still getting use to this...

I just had a thought in regards to the cell phone being off and no pings....What if it was thrown in water, like a creek or lake, etc.... That is one possible explanation. Maybe the perp through her belongings in a body of water, which would ruin the phone and "power" if off. Thoughts?
I agree. I think they should drain all the water out of those retention ponds on the grounds to see if her phone or other evidence was tossed there.

I just had a thought in regards to the cell phone being off and no pings....What if it was thrown in water, like a creek or lake, etc.... That is one possible explanation. Maybe the perp through her belongings in a body of water, which would ruin the phone and "power" if off. Thoughts?

but if there were no pings until then... and it went straight to voicemail...
it got to the water quickly... in my opinion.

SS bare with me ..are u asking me for the link i provided about what david russ had said that article is that what your asking for..sorry kinda still getting use to this...
Yes. Anytime we quote an article, we are required to provide the link and are not allowed to post the entire article...only snippets of it. ;) (I didn't see a link in your post.)

Oh I appologise i wasn't aware but thats ok i found it on Nancy grace cold files i will get u the link in a second...

I agree. I think they should drain all the water out of those retention ponds on the grounds to see if her phone or other evidence was tossed there.

Agreed! I'm thinking perhaps the perp wanted to discard her stuff as quick as possible, so if her phone would happen to be in body of water, it seems like it would be close to where she lived.

Does anyone know what time the first that went straight to VM was?
I don't remember. I believe it would be when Rob tried to call her so before 9:00 am maybe? They do have his cell phone pings which provided his alibi. (He was in a meeting, IIRC, after 9:00 am)

For three years, family, friends and her college sorority sisters have been looking for Jennifer Kesse, wondering what happened to her.

Jennifer Kesse would be 26 now. She has been missing since January 24, 2006.

Last week, on the third anniversary of Kesse's disappearance, an inmate in a Florida prison said he might have the answer.

David Russ, a convicted killer being held at the Seminole County Jail, spoke last week with the missing woman's father, Drew Kesse, claiming he had information that could lead to a break in the case.

Details are being withheld from the public. In a jailhouse phone call with CNN, Russ hinted he'd eavesdropped on other inmates. He also was outspoken about his skepticism toward investigators.

"The investigators have messed this case up from the beginning and cannot be trusted," he said. That's why he asked to speak directly with the missing woman's father, he said.

Orlando police are just as skeptical of Russ. They said he provided information they already had.

"His information is not some big break in the case," said Sgt. Barbara Jones of the Orlando Police Department. "We are still hoping for new tips that could lead us to finding Jennifer Kesse."

The 24-year-old financial adviser was just back from a Caribbean vacation with her boyfriend and was getting back into her routine. She went to work at her new job, came home to her new condominium and called her parents. Watch an update on the case »

At 10 p.m., she called her boyfriend, who lived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Then, her family believes, she went to bed.

The next morning, she got up and showered for work. Her clothes were neatly laid out on her bed, her family says, suggesting she may have tried on a few outfits before deciding what to wear to the office. Then, she disappeared, her family said.

She did not show up for work that Tuesday morning and her employer reported her missing.

Police found Kesse's Chevy Malibu two days later. It was parked in a gated lot about one mile down the road from the condominium complex where she lived. Inside the vehicle, police found some of Kesse's personal items, but her purse, wallet, two cell phones and briefcase were missing. The car doors were locked and the car keys were not found.

Police later released a video surveillance tape of the car being parked in the lot by someone other than Kesse.

The grainy video partially shows a person walking away from the car, past a parking lot gate. Police are uncertain if this person of interest is a man or a woman, because the image is partially obscured by the gate.

The person is described as 5 feet 4 inches, with a short haircut, wearing light-colored clothes and dark shoes. The video is time and date-stamped at noon on the day Kesse disappeared.

Forensic tests on the vehicle came back inconclusive, Sgt. Jones said. No blood or other trace evidence was found to show that Kesse had been injured in the vehicle.

Drew Kesse said that every Tuesday, landscapers worked at the condo complex near his daughter's parking space. The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.

"The only theory we could come up with is that she walked out her front door and was kidnapped somewhere between her front door and the parking lot where her car was. We think since the landscapers didn't see her, she must not have even made it out of the hallways or stairwells of the condo complex," Drew Kesse said.

He added that there weren't any surveillance cameras in the hallways or stairwells at the time his daughter was living there.

Sgt. Jones said investigators have developed forensic evidence from Kesse's car that could someday match with a person of interest and identify a suspect. Police have also released a photo of a green clover tattoo on Kesse's left hip.

Anyone with information leading to Jennifer Kesse or the person responsible for her disappearance is asked to call the tip line at 1-800-423-TIPS. The reward is $10,000. Kesse would be 26 years old and has blonde hair, green eyes, is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 125 pounds.

(heres the link) -> http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/27/grace.coldcase.kesse/index.html

I don't remember. I believe it would be when Rob tried to call her so before 9:00 am maybe? They do have his cell phone pings which provided his alibi. (He was in a meeting, IIRC, after 9:00 am)

"The landscapers said they didn't see Kesse leaving her apartment and getting into her car, which she did every weekday morning between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m."

So say she was abducted when exiting her apartment, I think that would give enough time to ditch her belongings before the 9 am call. (If thats the time of the first call that went straight to VM)

I have always considered 10:00 pm - 7:30 am the window for her abduction.

I realize they believe because of the wet shower, her clothes neatly laid on the bed (which sounds odd to me), and other things that she had slept there all night then was getting ready for work making it early the next morning. There is no indication of when she actually took a shower. She could have been interrupted during the shower or while dressing for work. I guess no one could figure what clothes she would have worn to work on that day according to what was missing from her wardrobe. (Her boyfriend or coworkers should have been able to help out on this, imo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria