FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thinking outside of the box concept made me think of another possibility. Something about JK being tired and not wanting to talk much the night before always sounded slightly hinky to me.

Let's assume Rob was not involved. Could she have (voluntarily) been somewhere else (not her apartmenet) when they talked briefly? Someplace she didn't want him to know about so she said she was tired? Perhaps a friend he didn't like or maybe even a date with someone else? Just wanted to mention this to consider the range of possibilities.

Also, I have always thought the POI was wearing a bike helmet.

There was speculation that she went to find a place to mail her brothers freind's cell phone back to him. But I don't think we know if she did go out looking for a place to mail back the cell phone that night or not..

Do we know if the call was on her cell or house phone?

If it was on her house phone... then that makes sense.

Frankly, she was on vacation... stayed at Rob's drove back and worked then got home... to me no hinky meter on her being too tired to talk. She hadn't been home since she left for their trip...

I'd like to see the stuff about Rob and the meeting not because I think he was involved but to clarify.

I thought the meeting was why he wasn't immediately alarmed about the missed phone call...I assumed he was going to a meeting around that time... so he didn't know that he didn't get the call until after he was out.

A few points"

1) There was no sign of forced entry or indication of any crime happening in the apt.
The only items missing we THINGS SHE WOULD HAVE TAKEN WITH HER TO WORK. Per her mother, the cloths on her bed were consistent with her habit of trying on different outfits before deciding what to wear. (I don't know if they know what she was wearing that day). PROBABLY she was abducted after she left her apt.

2) I doubt there is much foot traffic between housing developments in Orlando. The odds that an uninvolved person "just happen" to leave the one housing block just as Jen's car was being "dumped" and walk a mile to her housing block, is pretty remote. (And should be easy to find since he would have ties to both units). If "Shorty" were just some guy paid to "move a car", he would have come forward and claimed his reward by now. This guy is PROBABLY the perp.

3) LE had sufficient information to make an accurate estimate of the perp’s height. I think we can give Orland PD (and the FBI) the benefit of the doubt that did this workup correctly. The perp is PROBABLY white or Hispanic, 5'3" - 5'5", slender build with short hair.

4) A "shoe leather" survey of employees and residents of the Millennia and surrounding units and business, (and any other local that he could have encountered Jen) would have identified a relatively small number of men fitting the above description; each one could have been checked out pretty thoroughly. Perhaps they have identified someone (or just an AKA) but can't make a case or can't find him. If they did a through survey (a big IF) and couldn't identify any suspect, then we have a slick organized operator who is PROBABLY capable of doing it again and again. (And now he knows about video surveillance).

It seems that the boyfriend’s alibi is about as solid as it gets. He was definitely at work in Ft. Lauderdale that morning (In ever heard he late for an appointment) He is unquestionably NOT “Shorty”.

I agree after the trip, the drive, and work...I can see her being exhausted and looking foward to a good night's rest in her own bed.

I've met Rob. He's no killer. In fact, he still wears his grief after three long years.

God bless him...

He's been cleared by law enforcement. OPD, FDLE and FBI.

If you want to go in that direction, try an infatuated female trying to gain his attention and being rebuffed. That would make more sense than to question his relationship with Jennifer even though I think it is highly unlikely given the break-ins and crime in the area of Mosiac and HOTG.
IMO.

~

Drum~ I realize how you must feel about Rob since you have met him, but others have fooled people around them for years, too.

Also...LE messed up somewhere since the beginning of this case. Maybe clearing the wrong person is one of those mistakes. Just saying...

SS, while I agree with you a 100 percent that this case got derailed from the beginning, I'm a pretty good judge of people (except for the KFN mess) and I'm confident that le cleared him for good reasons.

I've met Detective Brennan and Sgt. Ring. You would have to be an oscar winner to fool these guys. Not to mention Drew Kesse who is a Papa tiger looking for his daughter.

I don't know what the missing piece is but I'm convinced it's somewhere in the tip calls that were made early on. At least I hope so...

People who have followed this case like you and I have are as passionate about finding Jennifer as the day we found out she was missing.

She symbolizes all of our daughters. We work hard, raise 'em up right and give them wings and then someone else's offspring comes along and steals everything.

~

I think LE needs to request LDTs and DNA samples for everyone close to Jenn including coworkers if it wasn't done before. (This also includes the boys who stayed at her apartment with the brother for the weekend.)

I think LE needs to request LDTs and DNA samples for everyone close to Jenn including coworkers if it wasn't done before. (This also includes the boys who stayed at her apartment with the brother for the weekend.)

I agree. They need to start fresh and do everything possible that wasn't done in the beginning. Whatever it takes.

~

A woman involved in this case would not surprise me for a few reasons...

one the POIs height (if correct)

two safety conscious Jen might not be as suspicious of a woman...

I don't know if anyone local saw this story on Fox 35 tonight, but it was about this guy who says he killed 16 women including Jennifer Kesse. I tried to get a link to the story but it's not on the site yet. I did find the YouTube video, though. The Fox News story said Drew Kesse thinks it's a hoax, but it's still very disturbing. This guy also says he murdered Tara Grinstead in GA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/catchmekiller

Jennifer K:
I watched a TruTv show last night about forensic artist, Frank Bender.
I wondered if he would have any success in creating a face from the
very blurry in profile video of the person who parked Jennifer's car.

I checked his website and emailed him. My question to him:
is it possible to create a face from the video?
Perhaps the family or LE has already asked him, I don't know.
Will post if I hear back.

I don't know if anyone local saw this story on Fox 35 tonight, but it was about this guy who says he killed 16 women including Jennifer Kesse. I tried to get a link to the story but it's not on the site yet. I did find the YouTube video, though. The Fox News story said Drew Kesse thinks it's a hoax, but it's still very disturbing. This guy also says he murdered Tara Grinstead in GA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/catchmekiller

hmmm account is closed

While it may not be connected to Jennifer's case, I think these guys should be looked at. Sorry for the length.

DNA links rape suspect to second attack

Walter Pacheco and Susan Jacobson | Sentinel Staff Writers
5:27 PM EST, February 12, 2009

[several paragraphs snipped out – order of paragraphs changed a bit]

Two men have confessed to raping an 11-year-old girl who was abducted on her way to school a week ago, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Construction workers Richard Morales-Marin, 23, and Juan Hernandez-Monzalvo, 24, were arrested late Wednesday on charges of armed sexual battery on a child, kidnapping of a child and lewd molestation and were being booked into the Orange County Jail early today.

Every member of the sex-crimes unit had worked on the case since shortly after the child reported the attack Feb. 5. She was pulled into a car at knifepoint about 6:40. a.m. at South Orange Blossom Trail and Lancaster Road, taken to a vacant pink house several blocks away and raped by the men, she told investigators.

Neither suspect has a serious criminal record, sex-crimes Sgt. Richard Mankewich said, although both apparently have immigration problems. They are from Mexico.

Investigators received between 300 and 400 tips on the case, but one last Friday led to a house on Citadel Drive, near Oak Ridge Road and John Young Parkway, where the men lived with their wives and other families, Mankewich said. One of the suspects has a young child, he said.

Deputies took DNA samples from men at the house and returned Monday when a woman suggested they come back and take a sample from another man, who turned out to be Morales-Marin.

DNA links one of two suspects in the rape of an 11-year-old girl to another attack in January 2008 at the Florida Mall, an Orange County sheriff's detective said.

In that case, a young woman was raped after accepting a ride in a dark-colored car, sex-crimes Sgt. Richard Mankewich said at press briefing. Evidence links suspectRichard Morales-Marin to the attack, the detective said, but not to Juan Hernandez-Monzalvo, the other man arrested in last week's rape of the 11-year-old.

Jail records show rape suspect Richard Morales-Marin had been arrested in 2007 on charges of battery domestic violence and in 2008 for driving without a valid drivers license. Jail records show rape suspects Richard Morales-Marin and Juan Hernandez-Monzalvo have immigration holds placed on them.

Morales-Marin led investigators to Hernandez-Monzalvo, who was found at the Citadel Drive house, Mankewich said. Both men confessed, saying they were "stupid" and had been drinking, he said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-rape-girl-021209,0,5794924.story?page=2

Pictures of Suspects: (see slides #30 & 31 – Hernandez-Monzalvo laughing)
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/goinggreen/18697748/detail.html

Raw Video of Perp Walk: http://www.wftv.com/video/18697473/

Rape Suspect May Be Linked To 2008 Case

DNA Samples Connect Dots For Detectives
POSTED: 10:49 pm EST February 11, 2009
UPDATED: 12:15 am EST February 13, 2009

A DNA sample from Morales-Marin matched the DNA found on the rape victim, police said. The DNA also matches a rape that happened near the Florida Mall in January 2008.

The victim in that incident was 19 years old and pregnant. Investigators said she was picked up by two Hispanic men in a black car.

"She was at the Florida Mall, black vehicle picked her up, they drove her behind a group of businesses back there and sexually battered her. She called law enforcement. We responded out. Transported her out to the hospital and got her into the sexual assault treatment center where she was treated and evidence was collected," Mankewich said said.

The 19-year-old said he drove her behind some nearby buildings and raped her several times in his car.

Reports said she scratched him and hit him and begged him not to rape her -- fearful he had HIV.

Detectives said an investigation has been ongoing for a year, and they don't how many other cases out there could possibly linked to Morales-Marin.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18695819/detail.html

This is what I found on these guys from Orange County Court Records and recent news articles. The rape in Feb 09 of the 11 year old girl, the rape in Jan 08 of the 19 year old pregnant woman, and the house that these guys lived in with their families are all within 5-10 min drive of Jennifer's condo (see attached). Thoughts?

1.Morales-Marin, Richard
·DOB: 08/29/1985, 23 Years Old
·Has detainer filed against him by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as illegal alien.
·Construction Worker living on Citadel Drive
·Admitted to Feb 09 rape of 11 year old girl at vacant house near S. Orange Blossom Trail and Lancaster Road
·DNA links him to rape in Jan 08 of 19 year old pregnant woman near Florida Mall
·Charged with First Degree Battery in Jun 2007; charge was dropped/abandoned
·Charged with Operating Motor Veh without Valid DL in Aug 2007; found guilty in Sep 2007
·Charged with Oper Motor Veh/Mobile Home w/Expired Tag in Aug 2007; Produced Valid Item and Pay Dism Fee in Sep 2007
·Charged with Operating Motor Veh without Valid DL in Oct 2007; DL Suspension Issued in Dec 2007

1.Hernandez-Monzalvo, Juan
·DOB: 12/03/1984 and 10/18/1984 (two IDs?), 24 Years Old
·Has detainer filed against him by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as illegal alien.
·Construction Worker living on Citadel Drive
·Admitted to Feb 09 rape of 11 year old girl at vacant house near S. Orange Blossom Trail and Lancaster Road
·Charged with First Degree Battery in Aug 2005; charge was dropped/abandoned
·Charged with Third Degree Possess Similitude ID Card in Jun 2007; charge was dropped/abandoned
·Charged with Operating Motor Veh without Valid DL in Jun 2007 - Defendant failed to appear, Delinquency notice issued, Capias/Warrant Issued, Bond paid – all in 2007; Arrest Affidavit Filed and Traffic Case Reopened on Feb 13, 2009
·Charged with Driving with Unsafe Equipment in Jun 2007
·Charged with Operating Motor Veh without Valid DL in Aug 2007

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/Default.aspx

Attachments

• Rape Suspects.jpg
    Rape Suspects.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 117
More...for information...

Prostitute raped in house where child was attacked will not seek charges
Henry Pierson Curtis, Bianca Prieto and Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writers
2:26 PM EST, February 13, 2009

A prostitute who reported she was raped in the same vacant house where an 11-year-old Orlando girl was raped last week is declining to press charges.

The woman, who works along South Orange Blossom Trail, told investigators "that no one would ever believe a prostitute was raped," according to an incident report released late Thursday.

"I told her I believed she was raped and the Orange County Sheriff's Office believes she was raped," Detective Christopher Dillon of the sex-crimes unit wrote in the report. "And we are willing to work on her case."

Two men, Richard Morales-Marin, 23, of Guerrero, Mexico, and Juan Hernandez-Monzalvo, 24, of Hidalgo, Mexico, are being held without bail on charges of raping the 11-year-old early Feb. 5 in a vacant pink house at 2506 Rose Blvd. Hernandez-Monzalvo previously lived in the house, records show.

The prostitute has told the Sheriff's Office that she was working on Jan. 27 near the corner of South Orange Blossom Trail and Lancaster Road when she agreed to have sex with a Mexican driving a green Honda sedan. He drove her to a nearby motel, stopped in the parking lot and was showing her money when a second man waiting in the parking lot jumped into the car.

They drove her to a house where they beat and raped her for about two hours. Afterward, they dropped her off down the street in a residential area at the corner of Rose Boulevard and Texas Avenue.

Morales-Martin has been linked by DNA to the January 2008 rape of a pregnant teenager near the Florida Mall. Orange County detectives are looking at other rapes to see whether Morales-Martin and Hernandez-Monzalvo could be involved, according to sex-crimes Sgt. Richard Mankewich.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-rape-021309,0,7121774.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid