Found Deceased FL - Lane Graves, 2, Walt Disney World, 14 June 2016 #2

I think he was cherished and adored every second of his life. His parent's words are heartbreaking and beautiful. He deserve such wonderful parnts and he was loved the way a little one should be. I can't even imagine their pain.

September 4, 2015

Family remembers boy killed by alligator at Disney World

The parents of the toddler who was killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World in Florida say they will always remember their sweet little boy. Melissa and Matt Graves spoke to a group of several hundred people gathered at a high school football stadium Saturday to remember Lane Graves on what would have been his third birthday.

Banners hang on display with blue balloons and ribbons during a celebration of Lane Graves.

Lane died June 14 after an alligator pulled him into a lagoon at Disney's upscale Grand Floridian Resort. He was gathering sand for a sand castle when the gator bit his head. The final report on his death said the boy died from a crushing bite and drowning and that his dad reached into the alligator's mouth to try to save the boy.

<SNIP>

Melissa Graves said the family wanted to celebrate Lane's "first birthday in heaven."

"You'll always be Mommy's loving, sweet, baby boy. ... We miss you, buddy, and we miss those hugs and kisses," Melissa Graves said.

"My wife will tell you those are the happiest days of her life, and I couldn't agree with her more," he said. "Happy birthday, buddy."

<SNIP>

The crowd wore blue shirts and released blue balloons into the air.

Matt and Melissa Graves offered M&M cookies because they were Lane's favorite treat and handed out small silver crosses with blue ribbons attached to a prayer card.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/04/family-remembers-boy-killed-by-alligator-at-disney-world.html

Family remembers boy killed by alligator at Fla. resort

Associated Press 5:23 p.m. EDT September 4, 2016

Omaha, Neb. — The parents of the toddler who was killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World in Florida say they will always remember their sweet little boy.

Melissa and Matt Graves spoke to a group of several hundred people gathered at a high school football stadium Saturday to remember Lane Graves on what would have been his third birthday, The Omaha World-Herald reported.

Lane died June 14 after an alligator pulled him into a lagoon at Disney’s upscale Grand Floridian Resort. He was gathering sand for a sand castle when the alligator bit his head. The final report on his death said the boy died from a crushing bite and drowning and that his dad reached into the alligator’s mouth to try to save the boy...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/09/04/boy-alligator-disney-world/89869796/

I am originally from CT, lived in CO and AZ, now my husband and I live in FL.

Yes, we have alligators. It is also illegal to feed or molest alligators in this state ($500.00 fine if one does either one of these things).

I am very sorry this family lost their little boy (I understand they were from Nebraska) and that out-of-state folks do not always understand the risks of visiting a sub-tropical climate.

FWIW my family has never had a problem with gators; they are shy by nature, yes they do feed off of water birds etc - we have seen a gator actually take one, on Thanksgiving Day several years ago, and a few years ago, saw a 7' adult sunning himself right in the middle of the green-blazed trail at Carlton Park in Venice, FL.

All I can say is mindfulness is the key to living among gators.

Disney World will erect a statue in honor of the 2-year-old boy killed last June while playing on the beach at Disney&#8217;s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, it was announced Wednesday on the one-year anniversary of his death. A sculpture of a lighthouse, the symbol of the Lane Thomas Foundation, will be added to an undisclosed site.

The Graves family declined to sue Disney, instead focusing on the foundation. The charity is meant to serve as a "beacon of hope" for families in crisis, according to the website. Matt Graves released a statement two weeks ago that said the family wants to live quietly and not talk publicly about the tragedy.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...lligator-resort-beach/7K9ANgo0mCraKVYAtfBHBK/

The Nebraska parents of a little boy killed two years ago by an alligator announced that they have welcomed a baby boy into their family.

Matt and Melissa Graves revealed the happy news on Wednesday, telling media outlets that their newest bundle of joy was born last week.

The couple named their son Christian Lane Graves, in honor of their two-year-old son Lane Graves who was tragically killed in 2016 when he was attacked by an alligator at a Grand Floridian Resort lagoon during a family trip to Disney World in Florida.

'Although we know the pain of losing Lane will never go away, we feel God has blessed our family with this precious miracle of life,' the statement read.

Couple whose two-year-old son was killed by an alligator at Disney welcome new baby boy | Daily Mail Online

I wish them every happiness.

so bittersweet.....

The Nebraska parents of a little boy killed two years ago by an alligator announced that they have welcomed a baby boy into their family.

Matt and Melissa Graves revealed the happy news on Wednesday, telling media outlets that their newest bundle of joy was born last week.

The couple named their son Christian Lane Graves, in honor of their two-year-old son Lane Graves who was tragically killed in 2016 when he was attacked by an alligator at a Grand Floridian Resort lagoon during a family trip to Disney World in Florida.

'Although we know the pain of losing Lane will never go away, we feel God has blessed our family with this precious miracle of life,' the statement read.

Couple whose two-year-old son was killed by an alligator at Disney welcome new baby boy | Daily Mail Online

I wish them every happiness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back