Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed strange to me that when JS explained MS had forgotten her phone she added that there was no way to track her. Then she mentioned all the people searching for MS like it was enough and that gave me the impression that no additional help was needed in looking for her. Most times parents are begging for more help in searching for their loved ones. IMO it sounded like she didn't want her child to be found.JMO
IIRC, in that second interview she says something like “a lot of people have asked me to volunteer” referring to conducting search parties.
The way she said it was striking to me. A mix of pomposity and incredulity. You need to be asked to volunteer to search for your daughter?!

Out of all the sideeye things that were said (and not said) in both interviews, I remember that answer struck me the most. And was probably the turning point for me in believing there’s a heck a lot more than meets the eye.

What a strange thing to say if she didn’t know SS has thrown the laptop in the dumpster. Don’t all those school-issued laptops have tracking software? I know when my child was in school, they told us flat out there was no expectation of privacy when using them because they belonged to - and were tracked by - the district.
I get what you're saying! The mom would know about the tracking on the laptop, so even though MS "forgot" her phone at home, why not play up the laptop tracking. Very good point! MOO.

ETA: Oh! Another poster later mentioned that JS did state the laptop could not be tracked since it was not turned on.

ETA. The good news about the school tracking the laptop is they will be able to tell at what time it was turned off. Was it turned off on Sunday before she went to the party, during the party, after she got home from the party. Was it used at any time on Monday morning before 07:30 hours before it was tossed into the dumpster. JS already mentioned she/they went through her phone to check her messages. But there would be no reason to go through her laptop if it was supposedly with her daughter when she left for school.

Last edited:
Guilty people always forget what they're not supposed to know.

The narrative was that MS went missing somewhere between the church and the school. Wearing a known outfit. With her laptop and backpack.

The prayer should've been, in keeping with the narrative, for hope that MS would be able to turn her laptop on.

Can't do that if it's permanently off, swimning in a dumpster. But we didn't know that.

Narrative-building welp.

Last edited:
SS comes across to me as such a screaming weirdo deadbeat. Her mother JS is bipolar. MS was evaluated for multiple issues herself. Did the professionals evaluating MS look at her home life and think it was just fine or ?

SS is definitely not someone I would be thrilled about to have as a "father figure" to any young kid I care about, even before we know about the SA or the other disgusting stuff his friends revealed. No stable job, no assets, the weird childish toy obsessions, the drug use, moving back and forth to mommy & daddy and then having his own room so he can be "close" to MS even when not in a relationship with JS? Alarm bells, loud and clear especially where JS has bipolar that she herself says "kicks her butt."

People have very low standards for what is normal and acceptable.

Guilty people always forget what they're not supposed to know.

The narrative was that MS went missing somewhere between the church and the school. Wearing a known outfit. With her laptop and backpack.

The prayer should've been, in keeping with the narrative, for hope that MS would be asks to turn her laptop on.

Can't do that if it's permanently off, swimning in a dumpster. But we didn't know that.

Narrative-building welp.
Right! The timing of when she said what/when is important to the follow the clues. Very good points. MOO.

Last edited:
SS comes across to me as such a screaming weirdo deadbeat. Her mother JS is bipolar. MS was evaluated for multiple issues herself. Did the professionals evaluating MS look at her home life and think it was just fine or ?

SS is definitely not someone I would be thrilled about to have as a "father figure" to any young kid I care about, even before we know about the SA or the other disgusting stuff his friends revealed. No stable job, no assets, the weird childish toy obsessions, the drug use, moving back and forth to mommy & daddy and then having his own room so he can be "close" to MS even when not in a relationship with JS? Alarm bells, loud and clear especially where JS has bipolar that she herself says "kicks her butt."

People have very low standards for what is normal and acceptable.

For some people, the only standard is that the person is there and willing to be with them. Some people, men and women, simply can't accept/cope with being alone/uncoupled. That leads to a very low bar in evaluating partners.

Maddy was found very quickly compared to others, so I suspect the forensic experts have been able to provide most of what LE needs to determine such things from the body. Tox screens and test results might take longer to be available.

I'm wondering if they might be awash in video from bunches of sources. We already know SS was a longtime fan of sneaky photos. Plus, IF SS were selling products . . . with a worldwide, global economy who knows what may be being investigated.

However, I don't know that would keep a murder charge from being lodged against either SS or JS UNLESS somehow it tied into her death. Would it?
Yes the hope is that there is an abundance of information to help in getting justice for this poor child. :( And now the investigators need to sort who was involved, how, when, and where.

I am not an attorney…… so that qualifier. I heard or read last night somewhere, that prosecutors may not want to be in a hurry. Not yet anyway. SS is held on those other charges. If they file a murder charge there is I believe an ability for the accused/defendant to request a ‘speedy’ trial. So that would affect their timeline. And investigators can use that time to solidly the case(s). MOO

ETA: my late father an NASA civil, structural engineer always used to say: ‘there is never time to do the job right, but always time to do it over’. I hope the investigators take the time to get this one solid and right. IMO

Last edited:
For some people, the only standard is that the person is there and willing to be with them. Some people, men and women, simply can't accept/cope with being alone/uncoupled. That leads to a very low bar in evaluating partners.
<modsnip>

For now, I’m trying to give JS the benefit of the doubt in that she may not have known just how depraved SS is. She certainly appears to have been groomed and manipulated to cater to SS. I know this word is becoming trendy, but SS gave me strong narcissist vibes, and it’s certainly fitting that he would condition JS into catering to him over the safety and needs of her daughter, JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Charges List:

1SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
2SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
3SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
4SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
5SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
6SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
7SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
8SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
9SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
10SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
11SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
12SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
13SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
14LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
15LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
16LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
17LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
18LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
19LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
20LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
21UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5)
22UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
23UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
24UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
25UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
26UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
27UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
28UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
29UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
30UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
31UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
32UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
33UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
34UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
35UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
36UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
37UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
38UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
39UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
40UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
41UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
42UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
43UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
44UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
45UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
46UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
47UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
48UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
49UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
50UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
51UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
52UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
53UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
54UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
55UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
56UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
57UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
58UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
59UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
60UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )

I think or wonder if perhaps she was mistaken about the time. One source, Linked In maybe, says she is/was a pet sitter. Because of my pets I keep two clocks in the house that are not changed for daylight savings time but remain the same time all year. It helps me keep their feedings more consistent. One clock is by my bed, the other in the kitchen. So, if groggy (sleep-aid induced or just wakened from a deep sleep) Jenn was awakened by Maddy at the door asking her mom if it was ok to wear shorts that day, the clock Jenn looked at would have said 8 when it was really 7 to the rest of the world. . . .
Belongings were disposed of at 7.35 am.

Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

So here's the charges summarized.

The "Degree" column has an "F" on every line. That probably means Felony.

The "Plea" column has the letters C, F, L, T, S. I'm not sure what these mean. I think C must be for Criminal? F for Felony? No idea what L, T & S stand for.

1-8 are for under the age of 12 - meaning worthy of the death penalty.

9-13 & 14-20 indicate the abuse was ongoing and long term.

21-60 indicate how much was on his phone. I would interpret that to mean MS was NOT his only victim. His main focus in life was as a predator.

LevelDegreePlea
1-8SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
9-13SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
14-20LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
21-60UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5)FT

ugh based on charges he had at least 390 csam images
My god. I wonder if some of them were also extracted from his computer. If he had a MacBook, he’d likely have synced his iCloud to his iPhone (if that’s what he had) but I think the same idea applies if he had an Android and Microsoft computer.

This poor little girl.

Well, what he did outside of board games, playing with toys and smoking weed is now apparent. I really hope his parents have no plans to paint him in a different light…this is indefensible.

I also don’t want to hear about SS being abused as a child by his defense lawyer to explain his crimes. If that happened to SS I am very sorry that it did, but plenty of SA victims do not go on to ever turn around and abuse children.

I’m a little annoyed by the people demanding charges for both SS and JS. Clearly there’s a wealth of data to go thru (yuck) and every single detail matters.

I’m now wondering if MS was his only victim or if there were others. It’s certainly possible he dated other single moms with little girls. It’s also possible the CSAM is comprised of images he got from other people on the dark web. What an absolutely disgusting beast SS is. Judge should throw the book at him, in fact, I hope the judge throws an entire presidential library at SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenjen72