Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that SS is not an only child. Imagine having just one kid that not only fails to "launch" but also turns into a pedo stoner bum.

But if he had/has siblings then he would likely have nieces and nephews around he would probably try to victimize.

MOO.

This case has been closed and encompassed into 2024 CF 000632.

Case: 2024 CF 000643
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986
SEXUAL BATTERY VICTIM UNDER 12 YEAR (FAMILIAL)
This is the case that sets the time frame of under age 12 and falls under the new law for the death penalty.

View attachment 489926
Sigh..
I’ve added to her media thread
Thank you for this update

I am horrified. Seems unlikely all of those images were for himself.
I counted 40 and from another poster saying at least 390, I'm guessing it might be 40. Not gonna re-count, but more than enough to not just cook his goose, but to carve and serve it.

@ modesty blaise said:​

"Belongings were disposed of at 7.35 am."

I'm unsure what your point is. 7:35 a.m. is a solid time for the dumping of Maddy's phone and bookbag in the dumpster. Absolute. For sure. Straight from LE.

My point was that 7.35 was Daylight Savings Time. My point with the whole pet feeding story (inspired by the weekend's posts of "My car clock is finally right again!" and the returning of DST to regular) was that IF the bedside table clock was not changed (as mine never is) for DST because of JS's pet sitting (or even the taking of medication), JS's clock would have said 8 a.m. when it was 7 and at 7:35 a.m. when the articles were dumped in the dumpster per LE, the bedside table clock would have said 8:35.

If Jenn were half asleep when Maddy asked if it was ok for her to wear black shorts to school, perhaps Jenn glanced at the clock and saw it said 8. The whole "trick" for DST vs EST might not have occurred to her.

I've looked for ways JS could possibly be telling the truth, but be mistaken, about seeing Maddy at 8 a.m. AND the black shorts story. The shorts puzzle me about why she had that wrong.

Last edited:
I'm still holding out hope that Mom was unaware, initially. She is not listed on Osceola County or Orange County for anything related to MS's disappearance.

I'd say after MS was missing for a day, along with input from LE, the light bulb in JS's head went off as to the horrifying reality. The shocking scope of abuse would be difficult for anyone to digest. But being the mother to a little girl who was victimized repeatedly, then murdered, it would not surprise me if she is medicated.

Everything about this case is horrifying.

Guess this means they have his phone/computer records now
JMO

60 new charges filed against mom's boyfriend in Madeline Soto case
WESH logo

Updated: 11:30 AM EDT Mar 12, 2024
Infinite Scroll Enabled

Chelsea Robinson
Digital Media Manager

KISSIMMEE, Fla. —
A total of 60 new charges have been filed against a man arrested in connection with the death of Madeline Soto, who was found dead after being reported missing.
Stephan Sterns, the boyfriend of Soto's mother, has now been charged …

I counted 40 and from another poster saying at least 390, I'm guessing it might be 40. Not gonna re-count, but more than enough to not just cook his goose, but to carve and serve it.

@ modesty blaise said:​

"Belongings were disposed of at 7.35 am."

I'm unsure what your point is. 7:35 a.m. is a solid time for the dumping of Maddy's phone and bookbag in the dumpster. Absolute. For sure. Straight from LE.

My point was that 7.35 was Daylight Savings Time. My point with the whole pet feeding story (inspired by the weekend's posts of "My car clock is finally right again! and the returning of DST to regular) was that IF the beside table clock was not changed (as mine never it) for DST because of her pet sitting, JS's clock would have said 8 a.m. when it was 7 and at 7:30 a.m. when the articles were dumped in the dumpster, the bedside table clock would have said 8:30.

I've looked for ways JS could possibly be telling the truth, but be mistaken, about seeing Maddy at 8 a.m. AND the black shorts story. The shorts puzzle me about why she had that wrong.
I'm sorry I should have been clearer.
She did not see a living breathing child at 7, 8 or 9am since Maddie belongings were already being disposed of at 7.35 am.

If they had any reason to believe she was alive, they would need to keep searching for her as a missing person because time is critical. Something they saw removed all doubt she was dead when they said this. Can anyone confirm they had taken SS phone by the time they made this statement?
They already had his phone as he was already arrested. And they definitely knew she was deceased, they informed JS the night before the press conference.

Or of only Madeline. I can only imagine he shared his and swapped his images :mad:
Would they know by now there was distribution?
I feel like they would have been able to see if there was and those charges would also include distribution. Or they’re building a bigger case and the charges will be updated.

We would probably hear about it, or rumour of it at least, we just wouldn't be able to talk about it!
No we wouldn’t, unless it was a rumor or her attorney had permission to share it. That kind of info is not something the hospital would release and JS would have a right to privacy.

[Mod Snip off topic]

Anyways, back to JS…I’m just an internet stranger but as a single mother whose only child is a little girl, I cannot imagine her mental health is great right now. And speaking honestly, if anything happened to my daughter and certainly if something as horrific as what’s happened to MS happened to her, I would 100% be in the behavior health unit of a hospital. I’ve vowed to never need to go back because it’s no picnic, even if you absolutely need to be there…but if my daughter was gone for any reason I would have a hard time wanting to live - that’s just me. I love my cats dearly, and my other family…but my daughter is my life.

I do hope that if JS is struggling with her mental health to such a degree that she is safe and getting help. No matter what degree of involvement she may have had in the situation or even if she knew about the abuse, she seems to have had some severe mental health issues before MS’s murder and where there may have been blind spots before, there certainly isn’t now…SS’s abuse crimes predating the murder are all out there and she won’t be able to look the other way.

The public is sharpening their pitchforks, LE may be assessing whether she played a part in any of this, and her family has to be in complete anguish, mine would be consumed with rage. I genuinely hope that if she had 0 involvement AT ALL and misspoke in any capacity, the public can find it within themselves to have empathy and compassion for her. This nightmare for SS is just begun, but for JS, MS’s bio dad and her family on both sides, it will haunt them long after this case has closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would they know by now there was distribution?
I feel like they would have been able to see if there was and those charges would also include distribution. Or they’re building a bigger case and the charges will be updated.
Absolutely. Even if he scrubbed his computer, email outboxes, app messages chat logs, etc…pretty much all that data should be assumed to be recoverable. And thank god for that because without that capability many beasts like SS wouldn’t have even been arrested (Michael Turney comes to mind…and yes I know he was acquitted but that’s exactly my point).

Software like Cellebrite has accelerated and leveraged LE with the data and evidence they need to secure warrants, arrests, charges and convictions. With the invention of the internet, we’ve predictably had the cancerous growth of evil that often comes with technological innovation…but criminals like SS will rarely be able to successfully cover their tracks to the degree that technology can’t nail them to the wall eventually, and that is the light at the end of the tunnel IMO.

Last edited:
Conveniently, MS "forgot" her phone that day....

Edited: or do you mean, LE should look at the typical text/phone exchanges between JS and MS? We did hear it was not typical for MS to be "out of contact" with friends and family, so yes it sounds like she was probably frequently texting and/or calling others. But then JS said it wasn't "unusual" for MS to forget her phone. So, JS, which is it?
Maybe mom made up the story that she “forgot her phone” to explain why mom “forgot” to text her or call her when she was apparently missing. That is, assuming, that she didn’t try to call MS when she was missing which would obviously need some explaining. MOO.

Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Charges List:

1SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
2SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
3SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
4SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
5SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
6SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
7SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
8SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)
9SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
10SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
11SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
12SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
13SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)
14LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
15LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
16LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
17LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
18LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
19LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
20LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)
21UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5)
22UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
23UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
24UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
25UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
26UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
27UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
28UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
29UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
30UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
31UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
32UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
33UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
34UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
35UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
36UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
37UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
38UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
39UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
40UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
41UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
42UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
43UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
44UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
45UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
46UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
47UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
48UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
49UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
50UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
51UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
52UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
53UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
54UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
55UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
56UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
57UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
58UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
59UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )
60UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )

Just when you think it can't get worse..... investigators have been busy. Prayers for Madeline's family, I can't imagine

Maybe mom made up the story that she “forgot her phone” to explain why mom “forgot” to text her or call her when she was apparently missing. That is, assuming, that she didn’t try to call MS when she was missing which would obviously need some explaining. MOO.
It’s possible JS could claim she realized MS left her phone and laptop behind because she saw it in her room. That’s another thing - the laptop. JS didn’t mention that MS didn’t have it with her for school either, and that bothers me. I don’t have a child MS’s age in school so I wouldn’t know for sure, but it seems like in this day and age, forgetting a school issued laptop would be problematic for a student expected to use it in class.

Another random thought I had - was the decision to go to the church purposeful in that SS needed to avoid being picked up by the school CCTV? Or was it put forth as a red herring to buy time? Maybe both? Do other parents typically drop their kids off there to walk to school? I can’t imagine that he actually drove there either.

Obviously, he couldn’t go there or drop off with MS in the car when she wouldn’t be getting out…it would seem SS just gave LE the runaround. Despite knowing there’s no evidence released yet that he was even seen anywhere near that area. IDK the church schedule but there would also presumably be people dropping off children at preschool and staff walking around at that hour right?

With complete respect - I disagree with this theory, personally. He started abusing her when she was much too young (IMO) to be thinking about any kind of “relationship.” I realize it could have morphed into something like that but with the comment from the friend about her saying her stepdad was mean to her, and her grandma saying she was scared to sleep alone at night, as well as her anxiety and “tendencies” her mother spoke of, doesn’t line up to me with Maddie thinking they were in a relationship. Plus Maddie’s text about wanting to go live in the woods, which to me communicates a desire to get away from her situation.

All my opinion and said respectfully.
The univision interview with her friend said that SS treated her "really bad" ... i agree with your take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015