Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an iPhone you can!

I'm no techie but I do know on my Android if I delete a message it goes to trash where it will stay for 30 days unless I "empty" the trash. Same for images. Also have the option to restore. They are probably still there after deleting in the unallocated space and retrievable via software or your phone provider like we see in a lot of investigations. Works the same for a Google gmail account also.

this is old news but when mom says " I checked her deleted messages " just curious, how do you do that? in that moment ( not talking about other software) I sure cant check my own deleted messages.
My Samsung Galaxy holds deleted messages in a "trash can". I have to empty the trashcan to fully delete from any viewing on my phone.
I dont think you can but just checking before I say liar liar pants on fire
<modsnip: quoted post was removed by poster>

Last edited by a moderator:
I raised 2 daughters. At their annual physical, the pediatrician (female) always would say them “I have to look at your private area. This is to see if you’re developing normally. It will not hurt.”

Once she verified the outside area was normal, she asked them to dress. Then she asked me to step out of the room for a minute. She wanted to speak privately to her, with the nurse in attendance too.

I was happy to oblige. I had told my daughters they can always tell their doctor anything.

If MS had an annual physical, did the doctor never speak to her privately??? They are a mandatory reporter, trained to ensure a child feels comfortable speaking up. Did JS not take her little girl for regular checkups???
Am going to take a guess here that maybe no checkups were done, or maybe not thorough ones ?
There are things a doctor is going to notice !
Possible or not; but if so -- How sad that this wasn't discovered earlier, and Madeleine spared from more years of abuse.
Omo.

She was 8 in 2019 and then 11 in 2022 and 12 in 2023 ...no evidence from 2020 n 2021 when she was 9 n 10 ...this is so strange to stop start after two years like it was no big deal
Maybe she wasn't in his life during those years, While I don't know their actual dating history, it's been said they were off and on. If that's the case, I can only imagine Maddie's horror when mom said he was moving back in after being rid of his advances for months. :(

I meant more like torn skin and bleeding , not being able to sit down , things a teacher would notice and an 8 year old wouldn't be able to hide physically
Exactly. He wasnt just touching her. That would be easy to get away with and really not be noticed by anyone. This was a grown man having sex with a child. Raping a child from the age of 11-from what we can tell. There obviously had to have been pain and probably some type of physical damage involved. I would imagine she wasn't even walking normal some days. This literally makes me sick.

This file has all the new things on the clerk's website today.

1. is the website
2. is the arraignment notice
3. is the information (and longest doc)

(warning: the information document is nsfl, very graphic)
ETA: Try this link if that doesn't work: Filebin | 84crzkqp8ii034r7
Everything is getting overloaded quickly!
the document is no longer available, where could i see it at this point?

Maybe she wasn't in his life during those years, While I don't know their actual dating history, it's been said they were off and on. If that's the case, I can only imagine Maddie's horror when mom said he was moving back in after being rid of his advances for months. :(
I posted it above but SS claimed on his SM that there was at least some discussion JS had with MS about inappropriate photos that would have happened in the years we don’t currently have charges for.

Now, can a known liar and soulless monster who is definitely going to meet Satan soon be trusted to be telling the truth about this Roblox girl? That’s a different story and I’m less sure.

the document is no longer available, where could i see it at this point?
Try here at the original source. My link got too overwhelmed, I think, and the files are too big to post, even when reduced in pdf.
Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Documents are now available for download or viewing.

View attachment 489941

How strict were lock down rules in Florida? Was SS living with his parents during Covid lockdown and therefore not in physical contact with JS and MS? That would cover some of 2020/2021
And perhaps MS and JS lived in a home with other families member so he didn't have access, ugh, to her as he had in the past.

it was obvious to me that in her first interview, the interviewer asked her about the birthday party and if sunday was her actual birth date. the media interviewer already knew Madeline's date of birth for sure. she was then told, sunday was the day we celebrated....her actual birthday was thursday, Feb 22nd. JS did not volunteer any happy happy happy time with Madeline on her actual day. it was left hanging there with a whispered she just turned 13. it was so weird, to me anyway.
There's that 'we' again. I thought she didn't attend the party, or do we still not know for sure one way or the other?

I cannot imagine that blood on sheets,underwear,pyjamas went unnoticed by her mother.
Good point. I'm thinking it could have been explained that she started mensurating early. But, JS would have been the one to then buy sanitary items, which might not have even been used if she really hadn't started early. If that was the case, you'd think she'd notice they weren't being use so no need to replenish. I just feel like there was likely a WHOLE LOT of denial going on with JS. None of it good in Maddie's case. :(

Most girls get their first period when they're around 12. But getting it any time between age 10 and 15 is OK. Every girl's body has its own schedule.

Those of you who can hold out for JS being completely unaware and innocent....you're just a nicer person or different somehow than me, I think. You really are.

If this was something that happened a few times, OK.

But hundreds of images over years? She lived with him on and off for many years, right? Am I wrong to assume from the dates in this new information this also includes during the pandemic and the lockdowns when you would assume at times all 3, and possibly even more people depending on who was living in that condo, would have been home at the same time?

I'm just flabbergasted.

He had that amount of disgusting stuff on his devices, and I think we're reasonably sure a lot, if not all, of it is MS how do you not know? Even if you're not someone who snoops, how do you not accidentally walk in on it either happening or him watching it or pick up his phone by mistake or something?

Just unreal....

Poor child...or likely, poor children.
ITA. Also, there had to be residual pain and blood. How do you not notice that on your young child? It's baffling to me.

That is somewhat curious, isn't it? Him keeping the phone?

He did have plenty of time to crush it, burn it, completely lose it, somewhere in the outback of beyond. There are unaccounted for hours of Feb. 26, after Maddy was killed but before she was reported missing, that he could have saved himself. It would have looked suspicious, of course, but wouldn't have nailed him with such certainty.

Since I'm not techy, I'll just ask. Even if he destroyed the phone, could his cloud storage still have been accessed? Could he have deleted everything in his cloud before destroying the phone?

Instead he kept his phone, relying on the magic "Factory Reset Button" to save him. I don't understand how anyone could do something they know to be a capital offense without better understanding how their phone, computers and other devices worked.
Perhaps he figured if he never got caught or became a suspect, that he could reverse the reset and get back his material? Isn't he fairly savvy?

Is it possible to recover iPhone data after factory reset? The answer is positive. As long as you have backed up your iPhone data with iCloud or iTunes, you can easily restore iPhone from iCloud backup or iTunes backup.

Furthermore,
was SS also doing the laundry in the home? Because there would be obvious evidence that JS wouldn't be able to ignore
I think you may be on to something. Because there'd be more than blood (which might have only been there for her very first time).

Last edited:
She knew. She had to have known.
Im going to quote what I said earlier. The moment I felt she wasn’t innocent.

IIRC, in that second interview she says something like “a lot of people have asked me to volunteer” referring to conducting search parties.
The way she said it was striking to me. A mix of pomposity and incredulity. You need to be asked to volunteer to search for your daughter?!

Out of all the sideeye things that were said (and not said) in both interviews, I remember that answer struck me the most. And was probably the turning point for me in believing there’s a heck a lot more than meets the eye.
I get your disgust and disappointment with her. But I think she meant, people may have been asking her if they could search for Maddie and perhaps asking her for areas to search. Many of her responses seemed to be unfinished.
I wish we could get inside mom's head. What was she thinking and when? What is she thinking now? Is she wanting Maddie or SS right now?
What are the family dynamics? Did Maddie have a close relationship with anyone on her maternal side? My heart aches for this precious child, who had so much to offer this world. ❤️

At best, JS was a very checked out mother. Perhaps with her own mental health struggles, and the struggles of having to pay the bills. I believe SS offered lots of "help" with MS & JS simply took him up on the offer.

I think the fact that a lot of offense dates are during the summer & some in March if I recall (Spring break?), is because he was live in child care while JS was working. There had to be some sign. Something. That I believe even the least engaged mother would have to pick up on. Some of those encounters had to leave poor MS in pain. But I think JS was so checked out she didn't even notice things that another woman should notice.

Furthermore,
was SS also doing the laundry in the home? Because there would be obvious evidence that JS wouldn't be able to ignore
Yep bathing, laundry, changing linens ??? How could this go unnoticed ?
Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member