FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several years ago, when my son was in Afghanistan, there was an avalanche which buried several people. A lot of our military got busy and helped with the rescue. My son was so relieved and grateful he was able to help save some of these Afghan people. This shows me the difference in thought patterns.

Please thank your son for his service to our country. What a brave young man. God Bless.

I have several gay and lesbian family members and friends in my life. Some are sad and fearful, others are angry and think this event will mobilize the LGBT community against the NRA.

Odd that it wouldn't mobilize them against Islamic terrorism.

Am I losing my marbles here

When did people who pass bills, go out to dinner on tax payers buck become the source of information in the biggest mass shooting in the country??

This is just bizaire............................

All they are doing is repeating all the wrong info we all heard last night!

strange

Something fact based and new !!

Go to Cnn they have video of him .....he was at the disaster oil rig

in commericial now CNN

I have several gay and lesbian family members and friends in my life. Some are sad and fearful, others are angry and think this event will mobilize the LGBT community against the NRA.
BBM
Not sure if you're on Twitter, but it's the exact opposite.

Could we please establish some "identifiers" for the people involved?

OM had an "ex-wife" from whom he has been divorced for some time. This was the 4 mo. marriage. She was the first who was interviewed, said he beat her and her family rescued her from him. She also said she has not had any contact with him for the past 7-8 years. We can call her Wife #1.

He also has an apparent current wife, from whom it appears he may or may not have been separated. Some articles say she went back to live with her family in California in December 2015. Other articles say she was in Florida with him in April, going to Disney, and in June, accompanying him to gun stores and the Pulse nightclub. We can call her Wife #2.

According to what has been published, both of these women met OM on the Internet. I am curious as to what the length of the relationship was prior to marriage for each of these marriages. It is not unknown for men with less than stellar intentions to "troll" for a partner/future wife on the Internet. "Less than stellar" includes wanting to take someone for money and wanting a wife to use as a "beard" to cover their homosexuality.

IMO I think Wife #2 has a big-time problem. The fact that the FBI has already investigated to the extent of knowing that the father had a bank account in Germany leads me to believe they know a whole lot already about this gal and her activities. So, yes, it is good that she is co-operating with LE - and what else can she do at this point - but I do not think that is going to save her from charges. She could have prevented the deaths of 40 innocent people and she did nothing. I don't think that will get a pass.
-------

Just a general observation: Man, some of these politicians really need to put a cork in it, don't they?

I thought the oil spill thingy was already posted upthread? I saw it somewhere today and watched the video on YouTube.

Here's the video. The part where the terrorist speaks is at 36:00 (hope it is okay to post this)

[video=youtube;_KgFBciS_X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KgFBciS_X0[/video]

I think what they need to worry about is the two underage victims that were in the club. jmo
Clubs often have 18+ nights or always operate 18+. They separate the bar into two rooms, and 21+ gets a different colored wristband. 21+ may go into the 18+ room to hang out with friends -21, but of course those under 21 may not enter the 21+ section, as alcohol is served there. Here is an old flyer I found for a Pulse event that states 18+: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGQHoSmptPj/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...g-random-acts-of-kindness-20160615-story.html

The grandmother sat alone on her journey to Orlando, where her 20-year-old grandson, Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, had been killed at Pulse nightclub.
As JetBlue flight attendant Kelly Karas collected drink orders on that Tuesday morning flight, she asked passengers to write their condolences. By the time the trip was over, 30 pages of messages of hope, love and sorrow had been written.
That is absolutely beautiful.

[video=twitter;743183071004942336]https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/743183071004942336[/video]

I am very curious as to how much ammo he purchased while wife was with him.

I've been reading the same thing on my TF all day. The LGBT community is furious and mobilizing. Maybe something good will come out of this senseless tragedy after all. They are a strong, vocal, and determined lot. I'm glad to welcome them to the fight.

Why , if you have a tweet (you kill ....)that could help in understanding history this one does not have this stuff on it like every other tweet on twitter?

If I found that I would want that date stamp thing in it ??

[video=twitter;743183071004942336]https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/743183071004942336[/video]

I've been reading the same thing on my TF all day. The LGBT community is furious and mobilizing. Maybe something good will come out of this senseless tragedy after all. They are a strong, vocal, and determined lot. I'm glad to welcome them to the fight.

Well if the DHS worker hadn't had to have his work scrubbed that he had gathered on possible terrorists then there's a good chance this would not have happened and he even thinks that it wouldnt have. and I agree IMO.

[video=youtube;Ea6pt13Jp5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6pt13Jp5Q[/video]

Odd that it wouldn't mobilize them against Islamic terrorism.

Right....or how about putting pressure on the FBI for their current policies & procedures. They knew about him from numerous sources and yet.....

Moo

As his victims lay bleeding to death at the Pulse gay nightclub, gunman Omar Mateen stopped to make several phone calls.

He called a friend to tell him goodbye, two law enforcement officials said. He also called 911 to pledge his allegiance to ISIS.

And he called CNN affiliate News 13 in Orlando to proclaim he was carrying out the massacre on behalf of the terror group.

Wonder who that friend was? Other than the most sought after interview du jour.

"This was an act of violence born out of hate that inflicted terror on an entire community," FBI Special Agent Ron Hopper said. "I would call it a hate crime, I would call it terrorism. It's both."

Investigators believe he made surveillance trips to the club and the Disney Springs shopping complex during Gay Days 2016, a citywide celebration, a law enforcement official said.

Walt Disney World and other Orlando locations held Gay Days events from May 31 to June 6.

Disney security officials told the FBI they believe he also visited Disney World on April 26 to conduct surveillance, the law enforcement official said. That time, his second wife was with him. And now she's under scrutiny by investigators.

The couple lived in Fort Pierce, Florida, about an hour from the Pulse club. When Mateen left their home Saturday, hours before the shooting, he lied about where he was going, his wife told investigators.

More at the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members