FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least it's clear Dale wasn't involved in his second wife's demise.

It is clear Dale was involved in the domestic violence back in North Carolina.

Odd that wife #2 parents picked her up to bring her back to SC and ended up only staying a short time only to live with Dale, Jr.'s parents especially since they were separating.

Thanks! I heard tho he left and TES is not searching in Orlando. :(

Yes, he did leave. I posted a link to that story a few posts before this. I just thought this video was interesting ''cause TM states something to the effect he'd decide after speaking with the suspect and his attorney, etc.

Had to check Wikipedia bc I have never heard the term was specific to Floridians... From what I saw on the video of DSsr, this description probably fits him, IMO:

The term is used as a proud or jocular self-description. Since the huge influx of new residents into Florida from the northern parts of the United States and from Mexico and Latin America in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the term "Florida Cracker" is used informally by some Floridians to indicate that their families have lived in the state for many generations. It is considered a source of pride to be descended from "frontier people who did not just live but flourished in a time before air conditioning, mosquito repellent, and screens."[4][5]

No just because your a local doesn't mean you need to be verified. If you claim to be a family member, friend, someone who has inside info and want to post it you have to be verified.

No worries

Oh good :)

Oh my mercy! I am glad you shared. I know that this term was used in SFL in the sixties to refer to fl natives. We always thought it was a reference to teh crackerbox houses. OMG. Now I feel horrible. I make a blanket apology to anyone that I offended. I never use racial slurs.

No worries. I didn't think you (or anyone who wrote it) meant it negatively. It's a word that i hear people use frequently , in a light-hearted manner , and every once in a while it pops up as an issue. My junior year it was "banned" from our school . The word doesn't really bother me though.

Side note: Insight into my craz little mind-

When i read this, i had this conversation in my head

Aw, i hope she didn't think I thought she meant it in a bad way. Wait, I don't know if that's a she.... No. stilettos, gotta be a girl, men don't wear stilettos, well, maybe some men...they probably have really nice man legs....

Yup, it happened.

I was trying not to be the buzz kill .... because everyone was saying it purely in a jovial manner...

But this actually true. "Cracker" can be a derogatory word. It can also, not be. I'm sure that doesn't make any sense. It technically IS a "bad" word - it's equivalent to the "n" word. It supposedly dates back to the slave times , and the term "cracker" refers to one who would crack a whip.

It's one of "those" words. Those words that if said in jest by people who love each other is "funny" . I have several friends of another race who sometimes use that word, and we all laugh...

...but it is true that it could be used in a negative manner. For instance....you see a person walking down the road....you do NOT was you say "hey cracker". LOL.

Again- I clearly see no one here meant it in a negative manner, just want to support her, because, yeah , it actually is a "bad" word.

...but it doesn't offend me to hear it in jest.

Jaded, ty.

My 14 yo just said that if you're called a cracker, (here in FL), that it's equivilent to a white person using the "n" word to a black person.

Had to check Wikipedia bc I have never heard the term was specific to Floridians... From what I saw on the video of DSsr, this description probably fits him, IMO:

The term is used as a proud or jocular self-description. Since the huge influx of new residents into Florida from the northern parts of the United States and from Mexico and Latin America in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the term "Florida Cracker" is used informally by some Floridians to indicate that their families have lived in the state for many generations. It is considered a source of pride to be descended from "frontier people who did not just live but flourished in a time before air conditioning, mosquito repellent, and screens."[4][5]

It was always black and Mexican kids that called my kids crackers. Go figure. We moved from Winter Park because of it. It wasn't safe being a minority in Winter Park.

Okay I was away for several hours taking care of all the rescue parrots.....did they get to that other smaller pond before sunset?

OK the information in that article is not quite accurate.
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980847350#.TtlwMIl5zfM.twitter

Never heard this one before: Michelle and her new boyfriend, Nathan Mitchell are having morning coffee. Unless I missed reading it.

There have been speculations as to when the show did air; some reports claim 2 pm while others aim for 3 pm. It is a matter of time-zones and networks. There are no speculation on when the showed aired. It started at 2:00 PM and ended at 3:00 PM and I believe their case was heard first between 2:00 - 2:30 PM

Around 3:15 pm, surveillance footage captures Michelle driving to Smith's home. Just 15 minutes later, her 11-year-old son contacts his grandmother, Yvonne, because Michelle Parker is not home. We know now that the 11 year old didn't call his grandmother until 6:50.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cracker

This is the Definition from my "generation" (I'm 25 if that helps anyone as far as gaging)

Again,
I wasn't offended. Don't want anyone to think they offended me. Honestly. this is the first forum I've joined where i didn't feel awkward posting in the beginning. I really don't think anyone meant it in a negative manner . I just didn't want her to catch flack for posting that post she did, because, it's true it IS used negatively against people sometimes.

Never heard this one before: Michelle and her new boyfriend, Nathan Mitchell are having morning coffee. Unless I missed reading it.

There have been speculations as to when the show did air; some reports claim 2 pm while others aim for 3 pm. It is a matter of time-zones and networks. There are no speculation on when the showed aired. It started at 2:00 PM and ended at 3:00 PM and I believe their case was heard first between 2:00 - 2:30 PM

Around 3:15 pm, surveillance footage captures Michelle driving to Smith's home. Just 15 minutes later, her 11-year-old son contacts his grandmother, Yvonne, because Michelle Parker is not home. We know now that the 11 year old didn't call his grandmother until 6:50.

BBM

So does that mean no one was looking for her until 6:50? That gives a whole new time line to "means and Opportunity"!

bbm
Thats one of the points I missed. Do we know for sure that the 11 yr old didn't call until 6:50? Was Michelle pretty consistent in getting home for his arrival from school? I would really like to hear more on that. We do know she never missed a day of work and from accounts she was on time. That leads me to believe she was very time oriented and consistent in her routine. That makes me question DS statement that she was going shopping after dropping the twins off.

[/B]
bbm
Thats one of the points I missed. Do we know for sure that the 11 yr old didn't call until 6:50? Was Michelle pretty consistent in getting home for his arrival from school? I would really like to hear more on that. We do know she never missed a day of work and from accounts she was on time. That leads me to believe she was very time oriented and consistent in her routine. That makes me question DS statement that she was going shopping after dropping the twins off.

Dale's statement about her saying she was going shopping also conflicts with what Michelle's sister said her plans were. IIRC, Michelle told her sister she was going to drop the twins off then go home and take a nap before work, or something to that effect.

Goodnight everyone...this Florida Cracker is off to bed.

Praying for Michelle....hoping she'll come home soon.

[/B]

BBM

So does that mean no one was looking for her until 6:50? That gives a whole new time line to "means and Opportunity"!

I have become very confused over the last couple of days with the way things came out in the beginning and now the way that they are changing.

Heck, I didn't even know Michelle had a stop at the daycare to pick up her children before bringing them to Dale's. :crazy:

[/B]

BBM

RBBM and ITA... And it makes at least this one sleuther question Mark NeJames' "72 minutes"....

And adds another aspect to Dale Sr's statement that Dale Jr. was with him "the whole time she was missing".

:waitasec:

(By the way, can I just thank everyone involved for having a very respectful and informative and non-inflammatory discussion of the "cracker" term? Much appreciated by your dutiful mods.)

Yikes, I'm gonna have to fix this puter....it is soooooooooooooo slow! Every time I try to refresh it takes almost five minutes to get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haor.org