FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would subcontractors have access to the landfill without their trash being checked or would that not be a given?

(Responding to Human, Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #13)

My contractors and his subs here in CA do.

I keep thinking about the lawn care company and dumping all their clippings. Who better to know about dumpsters, trash cans, and landfills. They do this on a daily basis and know a lot about the entire neighborhood.

One of the things about this case that nags at me harder than almost any of the other nagging things: if Somer had been known to wander off/not come home right after school, etc., why was everyone in such a panic when she wandered off on that particular day? I mean - everyone went into emergency mode immediately! Diena took off work early. Her BF took off work early! And she had only been missing about an hour, which was not uncommon, according to the teen babysitter.
Here is a little girl who was known to come home upon occasion an hour or so late. But suddenly on this particular day, barely an hour had elapsed and the mother went into panic mode. It doesn't make sense. I know Diena said that she felt something wasn't right. Moms have gut instincts. I know I do, and I always listen to it. What happened on this particular day that no one is talking about that sent everyone into panic mode?

Maybe Somer had always made it past the second crossing guard and the kids knew on that day that she hadn't or knew that they lost sight of her and never saw her up ahead again.

I am sorry for the question I am about to ask.

I thought that rigor mortis was caused by the breakdowns of certain acids in the blood affecting the muscles.
If the body were to be dismembered, and therefore mostly devoid of blood, would rigor still set in? How long would it last?
Sorry and TIA.

Hmm I don't know but do know who to ask. might take me a day or so to get the answer though. depends on how quickly the emails gets answered.

Melissa

Shutterfly put together some great pictures along with a theory that was written out in the eyes of a child.

Momtective put together a time-line of the events that afternoon.

Sure wish we had those pics and time-line to reference right now.

According to the time-line there was, at the most, a couple minutes for the perp to grab and hide little Somer. The other kids and her siblings were right behind somer and walking toward her. The walk was straight and narrow - nothing blocking the view.

something happened in a very short time frame and it was right in front of the children she was walking with and others who were walking home. To NOST be noticed by anyone, this person must have looked as if he belonged there.

Which makes me beleive it was someone Somer knew, and others also recognized him as being part of the norm.

Not clear about him calling the friends but I am pretty sure he was instructed to do some flushing of any drugs, and paranaphella around the house, which is why he told the children to go look for Somer, and then go look again real hard. His line of work per his website is working with children-- guess he doesn't have any common sense about a child missing and not coming home, and that was his job since DT trusted him to care for her children after school. They were on his watch.

Also explains the reason NO ONE called 911. I would go with a lot of cell phone calls, and text messages between DT and SP along with DT making calls to Somer's friends.

I have not seen anything reported in the news or statements from LE that would even remotely support this.

Can someone tell me whether ONLY the parents can pick a child up at that school on a regular day? Does the school really pay that close attention? How many students are at that school.

I just find that mindboggling.

If there is an emergency at our school, only one of the 3 emergency names listed on a child's record can pick up that child but day to day ... I don't think anyone would notice how the child made it home.

Sunnybrook, the light went on in my head to exactly what you are saying! The hairs on my arm are standing up when I say this! Yes, very very strange indeed! Things that didn't add up all of a sudden are adding up, maybe!

Also, SP states that DT told him to stay home with the kids.

The boyfriend states that DT called him at 4:20, he left work and picked up ST at the residence at 5pm and then began searching for Somer. JMO It appears that no one sees DT and AC from 4pm until 5:30 when she flags down an office at Floyd and Gano. I don't have the map handy...where is Floyd and Gano in relation to the park and home?

Good night. My computer just jumped from 2:00 to 1:00. Cell phone didn't, though. Crazy cell.
Get a good extra hour, everybody, no matter when you go to bed.:dance:

From the media reports I read (and believed):

The trash was picked up and brought to Rosemary Hill. There, the trash from SEVERAL trucks was put into big trucks (9 of them IIRC) and these truck were driven to landfill in GA.

From these trucks, one by one, the trash was dumped and Somer's body was found.

So the contract/subcontractor issue is null and void?

Since Somer had a habit of not going home and the babysitter stating she liked tree houses, and pools, that tells me Somer knew her way around the neighborhood. Also- the neighbor stated Somer was very friendly and always looking for someone to play with. She was lonely- and wandered around the neighborhood without supervision.

Predators -- hunters as I call them look for kids like this. No telling how many times this perp has watched her and was just waiting for the pefect time. They live for this sick crap.

*note-- and why was Somer hugging on the crossing guards..? Were all crossing guards accounted for? IDK

this speculation makes sense to me.
I would further speculate that ADD runs in this family; and might provide a reasonable explaination for a lot of the confusing behaviors we think we've observed, including wandering, overly-friendliness, outbursts, and obvious judgement problems.

LE said that they followed the garbage trucks and they apparently found the one that dumped from Somer's area. If I understand that correctly, there is no way that someone brought her to the landfill. It's still confusing where she was brought from because some on this site say that it was not the garbage day for Sopmer's area, but rather the city area. Can anyone ascertain if it was from her neighborhood or not?

We no longer have a landfill where I live. Some other state takes our garbage. The only thing we have is the landfill where they take things such as appliances, fridges, tires, that kind of stuff.

The demolition stuff goes to sites that are specifically for demolition.A lot of food goes to a special composting site. But we are very focused on recycling here, except for the garbage , appliances, carpets, freezers, etc that people dump on the side of the road close to where I live because there are not house for quite a ways. (LOL) We are required to have garbage service, but it's not attached to anything like the electric bill like there in Florida. Sounds like a good idea to me. But that's maybe why our commercial dumpsters are locked.

One of the things about this case that nags at me harder than almost any of the other nagging things: if Somer had been known to wander off/not come home right after school, etc., why was everyone in such a panic when she wandered off on that particular day? I mean - everyone went into emergency mode immediately! Diena took off work early. Her BF took off work early! And she had only been missing about an hour, which was not uncommon, according to the teen babysitter.
Here is a little girl who was known to come home upon occasion an hour or so late. But suddenly on this particular day, barely an hour had elapsed and the mother went into panic mode. It doesn't make sense. I know Diena said that she felt something wasn't right. Moms have gut instincts. I know I do, and I always listen to it. What happened on this particular day that no one is talking about that sent everyone into panic mode?

I keep changing my ideas on this:

Because someone who didn't normally watch the kids was there and it happened ... guilt and worry about how Sean was dealing with it ...

Because she thought Samuel (bio dad) or someone on his behalf had taken her ... revenge

Because she was fed up with Somer pulling stunts like this, and although she was "sure" she'd find Somer, she thought of flagging down police officer when she saw him

From the media reports I read (and believed):

The trash was picked up and brought to Rosemary Hill. There, the trash from SEVERAL trucks was put into big trucks (9 of them IIRC) and these truck were driven to landfill in GA.

From these trucks, one by one, the trash was dumped and Somer's body was found.

So the contract/subcontractor issue is null and void?

Noway, here in my town we just have a small garbage company. They have 2 trucks and pickup garbage on different days in different parts of town. The garbage trucks take there load and dump it in this cement pit in this building and at one end is this large ram that smashes it down to the other end, then this door goes down and the ram pushes it into a semi truck sitting outside.

If you take say a pickup full of garbage you go to the pit site, they weigh your truck and then you drive it in the building and unload it into the pit by hand. Nobody is in the building here when you do.

Yes, Noway, you're remembering correctly. Diena called BF about 4:20.
According to the police report, SP told the older sister to go look for Somer. Nothing is mentioned in the report about the older brother coming home and being told by SP to go help look.

The reason I keep coming back to this point is because of what Diena has said, and also because of what she hasn't said, and because of the things that she has almost said.

For example: something was almost said when DT stated "it could have been my...." and stopped.

The semis then drive to a landfill about 50 miles away.

From what I understand, the garbage collection day for the city limits of OP is Tuesday. The Thompsons live outside the boundaries of the city, so their collection day is Wednesday.
Weren't the trucks followed to the landfill on Tuesday afternoon/evening? Or did that occur on Wednesday?
If we had a map that showed the boundaries of the city, it could narrow down the places where she might have been hidden ( I can't type the word) after she was killed.

LE said that they followed the garbage trucks and they apparently found the one that dumped from Somer's area. If I understand that correctly, there is no way that someone brought her to the landfill. It's still confusing where she was brought from because some on this site say that it was not the garbage day for Sopmer's area, but rather the city area. Can anyone ascertain if it was from her neighborhood or not?

We no longer have a landfill where I live. Some other state takes our garbage. The only thing we have is the landfill where they take things such as appliances, fridges, tires, that kind of stuff.

The demolition stuff goes to sites that are specifically for demolition.A lot of food goes to a special composting site. But we are very focused on recycling here, except for the garbage , appliances, carpets, freezers, etc that people dump on the side of the road close to where I live because there are not house for quite a ways. (LOL) We are required to have garbage service, but it's not attached to anything like the electric bill like there in Florida. Sounds like a good idea to me. But that's maybe why our commercial dumpsters are locked.

I'll go find the city limits map.

I live outside the city limits here. The nearest cross street is the boundary, and the houses on the south side are in the city; those on the north are not.

So I'm wondering how close Horton is ... could it be one or two streets over from which the trash was taken?

I hope to let you know soon!

I think they they followed the Semi Trucks that hauled the garbage from the compact site to the landfill.

Such a great question!

Maybe, on those other occasions that Somer didn't come right home, her sibs knew that she was with someone else, another friend.

Do we know that this happened on a "regular" basis? NO. Maybe it was something that only happened a few times, but enough for Mom to have friends numbers available for checking. This tells me Mom was aware.

Maybe on this particular day, because of the fact that the friend relayed to her that ST had been in a conflict/argument with her sister on the way home was enough to send her into a worry mode? I am trying to put myself in her place and think how I would react. Got into a disagreement and took off by HERSELF. Yeah, I would worry, especially given the fact that it was now 4:00 and she wasn't home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11