FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very good chance Somer was grabbed within a few blocks of her school by a complete stranger in an area where a good many other kids were located. If that is true then her home life really has very little, if anything, to do with it.

She had already left the school and was with her siblings walking home, ran ahead, last seen on Gano at the tanks near the burnt house.

No one knows if stranger abducted her or if she knew her killer.

She had a habit of breaking away from her siblings and the other children on the walk home.

Somer Thompson Tips Line Open 24 Hours
Updated: 10/30/2009 3:43:02 PM

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147453&catid=338

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The number of tips called in to the police tips line in the Somer Thompson case has risen to 2,300, said Clay County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Mary Justino in a statement this afternoon.

Justino said Friday that police continue to work on the case and that the tips line will remain open 24 hours a day.

txsvicki-I wasn't attacking you. Only the line of thought that could potentially be opened up..(about a woman's dress and either being raped or having her children targeted. I do feel DT chose a formal dress because this was a very formal occasion. That may have been the only 'formal' dress she had,, or it may have been one Somer loved. .I also feel there is a "Ted Bundy' type predator on the loose. But I also feel it is someone who has done this before, and quite possibly moves from area to area. (Maybe stays in a community long enough to set up a situation, become friendly with children and search for the loners, and themost likely targets.) Then he moves on. There will be another child somewhere else, possibly in a state far enough away to not be compared or connected with this state-and he will continue to move on until caught.

The 'taunt' to the killer is so uncharacteristic of a grieving mom-the anger is not, anger is GOOD- that I do wonder if LE encouraged it, to draw out and anger the suspect-while keeping a close eye on DT and the home for their safety. Particularly if they have an idea who this, know his profile and know that anger and revenge are part of his personal make-up--what better way to bring him back and close to the area?

Orange Park map

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-475078-map_of_orange_park_fl-i

You have to adjust map in order to view street names etc.

Lists streets within city limits. (Thanks to gatorchick)

http://www.townoforangepark.com/streets.html

jokie7348's post re fitting into her trash barrel (TRUE dedication)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4366799&postcount=815"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #12[/ame]

The trash within OP city limits is picked up by OP DPW. (not outside companies)

Horton Dr is outside city limits per DPW.

The trash outside city limits (unincorporated areas) is picked up by ADVANCED DISPOSAL CORPORATE.

Clay County Environmental Services
http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/rosemary_hill.htm

Attachment is Advanced Disposal schedule.
http://www.advanceddisposal.com/ads_loc/gov_services_offered/gov_residential_collection.aspx

Horton Dr is in Zone 3 and trash pick-up is on Wednesday .

Trash pick-up for Tuesday is in Zone 2 (zone pdf)

Keystone Heights (Incorporated)- is serviced by Emerald Waste, Inc. Per site trash PU is Monday.
http://www.emeraldwaste.com/item/24-keystone-heights-fl

Keystone Heights (Unincorporated)-Advanced Disposal-Tuesday.
http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/resident_curbside_unincorporated.htm

Green Cove Springs
Garbage must be bagged and tied and placed in the container provided by the City. Do not place loose garbage in the container. Garbage should be placed curbside no later than 7a.m. on collection day. The City provides twice a week pickup on the following days:
Monday & Thursday
Tuesday & Friday

http://greencovesprings.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={5FE8E4C9-A473-4466-B320-771D2DF113A4}

Det Owens said "That collection was being done by outside companies,"
http://www.wesh.com/news/21389441/detail.html

Attachments

• Clay County Garbage PU.pdf
    262.4 KB · Views: 3
I have been getting the same pic every time.....but I'm a little blow away by her mood and her bf's 5th friend has dt in the pic and her mood is a little mind boggling too and her last log in is today but her mood hasn't changed for a few day?????

NSC was replying to me in her post. When I saw your post I thought I'd go back to the boyfriend's MP page again...for the 20th time. He mentions his Peterbilt truck.
Ridin Dirty on the motorcycle! Nascar isn't to shabby either. But who could leave out big truckin in my Peterbilt!!

And as we all know he mentions *advertiser censored* and comedy as being his favorite movies.

So when I saw he had his occupation as a
Trashy Truck Driver
I just assumed he was referring to *advertiser censored*. But then it struck me. I have never heard a man refer to himself as "trashy". I always associate that term to women, never to men.
So that got me wondering if he means trashy as in rubbish.

On the police report it has him being employed at Old Castle in Jacksonville. Does he use his Peterbilt truck to haul for Old Castle? Does he use his Peterbilt to haul rubbish for Orange Park? :waitasec:

Is he a damn garbage truck driver........that's my question!!

I looked for employee's of Orange Park and didn't find anything. Is he laid off from Old Castle? Or is Old Castle the job he had before he became a trashy truck driver? Is there another company that picks up trash for some areas in Orange Park? Is he employed by them? Is he a sub-contractor?

We all know the info on the police report is not accurate.

Am I making sense? LOL I think I need another coffee!!

Ohhh great links Capoly..going to check them out now!

NSC was replying to me in her post. When I saw your post I thought I'd go back to the boyfriend's MP page again...for the 20th time. He mentions his Peterbilt truck.

And as we all know he mentions *advertiser censored* and comedy as being his favorite movies.

So when I saw he had his occupation as a I just assumed he was referring to *advertiser censored*. But then it struck me. I have never heard a man refer to himself as "trashy". I always associate that term to women, never to men.
So that got me wondering if he means trashy as in rubbish.

On the police report it has him being employed at Old Castle in Jacksonville. Does he use his Peterbilt truck to haul for Old Castle? Does he use his Peterbilt to haul rubbish for Orange Park? :waitasec:

Is he a damn garbage truck driver........that's my question!!

I looked for employee's of Orange Park and didn't find anything. Is he laid off from Old Castle? Or is Old Castle the job he had before he became a trashy truck driver? Is there another company that picks up trash for some areas in Orange Park? Is he employed by them? Is he a sub-contractor?

We all know the info on the police report is not accurate.

Am I making sense? LOL I think I need another coffee!!

I think "trashy" probably refers to the truck. I think he thought he was being funny or cute on his profile.

Anybody know what kind of personal vehicle the guy has? I'll bet it's a truck that he either considers tacky OR is untidy inside.

One of the things about this case that nags at me harder than almost any of the other nagging things: if Somer had been known to wander off/not come home right after school, etc., why was everyone in such a panic when she wandered off on that particular day? I mean - everyone went into emergency mode immediately! Diena took off work early. Her BF took off work early! And she had only been missing about an hour, which was not uncommon, according to the teen babysitter.
Here is a little girl who was known to come home upon occasion an hour or so late. But suddenly on this particular day, barely an hour had elapsed and the mother went into panic mode. It doesn't make sense. I know Diena said that she felt something wasn't right. Moms have gut instincts. I know I do, and I always listen to it. What happened on this particular day that no one is talking about that sent everyone into panic mode?

Sorry I wasn't here when you were Sorrell, I would have loved to discuss. And Welcome to WS.

You are asking the questions I have asked myself over and over since I first read report. Was the teen in school? No report of him coming home. No mention at all of him until Mom went to pick him up... is he in sports? Could that be why he was there? Why did she seem in the video to be puzzled by something she saw on arriving at the park? She seemed to have a vivid memory when she was discussing in interview. Where is his statement? Can't wait to see the officers accounting of his observations. But of course that will all come out long after sluething is over.....hmmmm maybe that is the point. Does he have a cell phone? Lot's of questions. How can we get some answers? Do we have any locals here with kids at the middle school? Someone that might know A? These are pretty much routine questions that Le SHOULD have asked and included on the report. Were they redacted? and the explaination of the other named individuals on the report? where is that. Is this the first report this officer has ever written? We clearly don't have the proper info... hope LE does and is holding it tight for some reason.

Well I have to say all of you are far more organized and "wired" thank I am-I cannot imagine giving a rats bum (no offense to rats) what my MS mood or FB quote is while I was wondering who murdered my daughter. I can envision logging into my accounts to see if the killer or someone who knows something is leaving me messages. Just sayin.

One of the things about this case that nags at me harder than almost any of the other nagging things: if Somer had been known to wander off/not come home right after school, etc., why was everyone in such a panic when she wandered off on that particular day? I mean - everyone went into emergency mode immediately! Diena took off work early. Her BF took off work early! And she had only been missing about an hour, which was not uncommon, according to the teen babysitter.
Here is a little girl who was known to come home upon occasion an hour or so late. But suddenly on this particular day, barely an hour had elapsed and the mother went into panic mode. It doesn't make sense. I know Diena said that she felt something wasn't right. Moms have gut instincts. I know I do, and I always listen to it. What happened on this particular day that no one is talking about that sent everyone into panic mode?

I think this is a valid point-and it also might have something to do with what Somer said when she took off....I hate you, I am running away, I am throwing myself in the river....who knows....

So if a woman got raped and she was wearing a dress like that, it would be her fault? Or if a woman wore a dress like that, and her daughter was kidnapped and killed, it would be her fault? I think any woman today has the right to dress attractive, and even sexy, if they choose. I prefer jeans and t-shirts. My best friend won't go anywear unless she has on a dress and heels. I don't feel women should wear scarves. cover up and dress like the olden days because they may get raped. I feel a woman should dress how she is comfortable, and no man has a right to touch in way she doesn't want, no matter what she is wearing. I understand your concern, but I also think this comes really close to placing the blame on women who have been raped, because they wore clothes that were somewhat revealing. I don't think what WE wear gets or kids kidnapped. And right now, the other children do have protection-LE is keeping a close ey out. (We don't know that they didn't encourage her to taunt this guy, either, in an attempt to anger him and draw him out-particularly if it may be someone she has known in the past. That may be why they are there .)I don't think DT's dress revealed all that much cleavage, and she certainly did not need a scarf. It was well cut and stylish, deeply cut, but nothing was hanging out. (I also think she probably has no idea of what she is even putting on, and probably could care less about it). She dressed for a special day to say goodbye to her daughter. For all we know it was Somer's favorite dress, and she honored her by wearing it. As far as the other days, early days-your child is missing, your home is full of cops and media is camped outside your door. You are frantic, worried, excitable and scared. Once the child is found, your grief is profound. No matter how you show it, or how DT showed it, her heart was broken. No tears? Xanax. (Or something similar). When my son died I put on whatever I could reach. I am lucky if my clothing even matched, and my daughter brushed my hair. waist-long hair and I never gave it a thought. If I did, I didn't care. My heart and mind were focused on my child. I am sure DT is in the same place. I was raised not to cry-to keep my tears for private. I was raised in new England, and public displays of emotion were not encouraged in the culture of my home. We don't know how DT was raised. We know very little about her. I don't think a few risque pictures on MySpace truly tell us anything about this woman. She may have thought they were funny. She may have put them up and forgotten about them. This is 2009-those pictures really don't mean much. She may have had friends who were of a lifestyle many look down on. She may have unwittingly out her child at risk. She may also have had friends or relatives who put an undesirable or risky person in her life, and not even known if one of them was an RSO or criminal record. I have had undesireable people in my life through other people. And if you don't run a background check on every friend you have, you may never know!
We don't know whoever did this is someone in Somer's life through her mom. He could be a neighbor, a neighbors son (or daughter). He could be someone who hangs around schools, even if he doesn't live there, but hangs around enough the kids now feel that they know him. He could hang in the park and chat to kids. After six weeks to a child, that person is a friend. He could have been a stranger looking for a dog, or carrying a crying kitten..or searching for one. He could have been a person who told Somer HIS child was missing-ran off in the woods-can you help me find him? My point is, every child is at risk-regardless of the parents life style. They are all a target of someone who can get near them. It simply could have been a crime of opportunity, or a crime of someone scouting. I do feel Somer knew or trusted her killer-but she may have known him form her OWN association with a kind stranger who she has spoken to every day for weeks or months. To my other son, someone he has said hello to a few times, seen regularly for a few weeks, was a friend. I have to watch him very carefully, because he trusts too easily. That has nothing to do with my Faceboook, MySpace or clothing. It has to do with his trust in people being good, and a predator who may take advantage of that. I think with Somer walking home with her sister, and possibly other groups of children, DT probably felt she was safe.. Many kids do walk home with siblings, and they ARE safe. But Somer took off alone, and became unsafe. She became a victim to someone who saw opportunity. He may also have been someone who told her "Your mom is at the hospital, I came to bring you to her". That still works with children. Families need a code word-but not all families have them, and not all children remember to ask in their fear for Mommy.

As far as marijuana, I know a young man who smokes it for pain. He is waiting for his state to allow it for medical purposes. But he is a wonderful father to three children, and they are almost grown. He was there for them from the day they came home from the hospital. He changes diapers, he cleans, cooks and does laundry. He can cook a decent dinner. He does not drive if he has used. He stays under the radar, he is careful But in no way did it ever effect his parenting. I do not use, never have, nor ever plan to. But I have seen the benefits of his use on his pain-from a man who cannot walk or move, to a man who can who can play baseball, swim with his children, and focus. He is self-employed, but has no medical, to get "legal" prescriptions from a doctor. He also feels why stop what he has, which works, to take a pill, which will also work (with maybe more or negative side-effects).. What he has, works. This young man would probably join the online pot group-he views it as an herb, with medicinal purposes. That doesn't make him a bad, or risky person.

Sorry this is so long, but I felt I had to say it. This is JMO.

ITA, great post. And it needed to be said.

Orange Park map

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-475078-map_of_orange_park_fl-i

You have to adjust map in order to view street names etc.

Lists streets within city limits. (Thanks to gatorchick)

http://www.townoforangepark.com/streets.html

jokie7348's post re fitting into her trash barrel (TRUE dedication)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #12

The trash within OP city limits is picked up by OP DPW. (not outside companies)

Horton Dr is outside city limits per DPW.

The trash outside city limits (unincorporated areas) is picked up by ADVANCED DISPOSAL CORPORATE.

Clay County Environmental Services
http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/rosemary_hill.htm

Attachment is Advanced Disposal schedule.
http://www.advanceddisposal.com/ads_loc/gov_services_offered/gov_residential_collection.aspx

Horton Dr is in Zone 3 and trash pick-up is on Wednesday .

Trash pick-up for Tuesday is in Zone 2 (zone pdf)

Keystone Heights (Incorporated)- is serviced by Emerald Waste, Inc. Per site trash PU is Monday.
http://www.emeraldwaste.com/item/24-keystone-heights-fl

Keystone Heights (Unincorporated)-Advanced Disposal-Tuesday.
http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/resident_curbside_unincorporated.htm

Green Cove Springs
Garbage must be bagged and tied and placed in the container provided by the City. Do not place loose garbage in the container. Garbage should be placed curbside no later than 7a.m. on collection day. The City provides twice a week pickup on the following days:
Monday & Thursday
Tuesday & Friday

http://greencovesprings.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={5FE8E4C9-A473-4466-B320-771D2DF113A4}

Det Owens said "That collection was being done by outside companies,"
http://www.wesh.com/news/21389441/detail.html

Great info Capoly... wonder who hauls from Rosemary hill to Folkston???

I think "trashy" probably refers to the truck. I think he thought he was being funny or cute on his profile.

Anybody know what kind of personal vehicle the guy has? I'll bet it's a truck that he either considers tacky OR is untidy inside.

Yeah, you are probably right. I see his brother Shawn also has trashy truck driver listed as his occupation on MP.

Somer was not feeling well that morning and DT sent her to school anyway-- said to call if she didn't feel better. Somer had a squabble at school that day as well, then her older sister reprimands her telling her to stop it on the way home, and then she gets brutally murdered. The last day of her life was absoulte HELL.

DT can't remember if she told her she loved her that morning, sent her to school not feeling well, made a trip home for lunch to be with SP, and then Somer is murdered. I would say she is feeling pretty filled with guilt and would try to defend herself anyway she could to ease the pain.

Somer was having trouble at home by not going home, squabbling with classmates, siblings, and seems to me needed attention.

What was going on in her home life that was so troubling?

IDK-- but just going over her last day alive hurts me and I didn't even know her.

Any parent is going to feel some guilt when something like this happens to their child, it's normal. They're going to be defensive because they're thinking someone out there is going to blame them... the "if only's" flood their minds, and Diena seems to be a very vocal person. I don't find it odd that she said what she did, at all. She wants everyone to believe that she is a good mother and loves and protects her children. But she is human, and one of the things that humans lack is the ability to predict the unpredictable.

I recently lost a beloved little dog, she went outside late one night and never came back. She had gone out at night a thousand times before, and nothing happened to her. Why was this night different? You cannot imagine how many times I've said, "If only I had not let her out that night. If only I had kept her inside with me." Since we live in the country, and she didn't make a habit of going towards the road, we assume that coyotes got her or some other wild animal. She never wandered very far, never got beyond this one acre we live on. But there are deep, thick woods behind us, and we know there are many wild animals out there, and she was small. I can blame myself from now until eternity, but it won't bring her back. My point is, think how much worse it is when it's your child, your own flesh and blood. I'm sure that if Diena had a clue that something like this would happen, she would have done things a lot differently.

I keep going back to the initial news conferences when the mother was "crying" but there were no tears. I can't get that out of my mind. I don't think she did anything to the child but I just feel like a lot more is known than is being told. No tears....why?

My speculation is/was that Somer's behaviors may be a result of her ADD.

And ... it stops there.

Emma Peel: I have seen no mention of Somer having been diagnosed with ADD. Do you have that link?

I cannot remember the b/f name. I have gone back to other threads, etc.
Can someone help?
I want to check these pics out.

For what it's worth...
There's this guy named Oby. He has both mom & boyfriend as friends on MP. He owns Depratter Construction Services. He also has Ortega Industrial listed as his shop. Both are located in Jacksonville. Have we checked that construction company out yet? I don't remember then name of the company that was working on the burned house.

Edit to add that he also mentions Somer and has a pic of her on his page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member