FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some issues with it being DT because of DNA and maybe fibers etc. They would all have an explanation.

LE said to look for scratches. I don't think she had any. Does that mean Somer has blood from someone else on her or DNA under her fingernails or what?

Does LE make up stuff for reasons unknown? Has anyone seen it in other cases?

Hi Human, Now that's news to me about LE saying to look for scratches. Must have missed it. Yes, I think it is entirely possible she had something telling under her fingernails if they said that. xox

PS: Where did I read some posts by you that had me totally cracking up. LOL

For all anyone knows, DT & SP didn't even meet up @ the house for lunch - that's one more glaring oddity that's been debated endlessly. Now that Chee has confirmed which office DT works at, meeting @ the house for lunch is not at all plausible with travel times. An hour lunch break is NOT long enough to drive the distance from Jax & then back again, and still have time to sit down & eat lunch. Typical lunch break @ dental offices is one hour.

To me, the weakest aspect of the info on the MPR is SP's presence @ the house & DT's stated reasons for him being there.

That seems to be the one part of the story that is propping up the rest of it. If you pick apart that aspect, the rest of the story falls completely apart right along with it.

I saw the ms photos and although I think they are vulgar, I still don't think DT killed Somer or knows anything about who did. It was an adult Halloween party, with only adults present. Also, these were taken five years ago. People can change a lot in five years.

I am just not picking up the same vibe from DT as a few others are.

I think she liked/likes to party

I think she was/is probably a bit selfish and wrapped up in things besides her children.

I think she had/has misplaced priorities

I think she's a bit immature and I feel validated in that assessment because in my ms sleuthing I found she liked to hang with a younger crowd.

In a couple of her interviews she has expressed feelings of guilt and feeling like a failure.

I think she is dealing with the death of her daughter and dealing with the guilt of not being the best mother she could be. I think she does feel very responsible for Somer's death.

This is just my opinion. :)

sorrell=do you need the pics? Can't send right away as company just arrived.

Can someone please share pics with me Please??? I'm just trying to catch up since Turkey Day. Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday :D!! TIA :)

Kmart 73

Those are my thoughts on DT exactly... and I would hate to be in her shoes..... my problem from out here, is she doesnt appear to be learning from this... my concern is for the other kids

Okay, I saw them, saving the more memorable ones for future reference.
I will hold my personal thoughts for awhile. They vary vastly from the general opinion here.

Okay, I saw them, saving the more memorable ones for future reference.
I will hold my personal thoughts for awhile. They vary vastly from the general opinion here.

I would like to say that all opinions are welcome. Even if they differ vastly from what others have posted recently.

I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say.

I would like to say that all opinions are welcome. Even if they differ vastly from what others have posted recently.

Okay.

1. They probably shouldn't be posted in a public access forum.

2. They are all consenting adults, what's the fuss?

Genuinely, my thoughts.

I see some issues with it being DT because of DNA and maybe fibers etc. They would all have an explanation.

LE said to look for scratches. I don't think she had any. Does that mean Somer has blood from someone else on her or DNA under her fingernails or what?

Does LE make up stuff for reasons unknown? Has anyone seen it in other cases?

If she did have DNA under her nails then It is possible there was a struggle. But this could have happened before the child was killed but by a different person. They did say one or more people involved. It's a fact that AC and the LE walked around to show what happend etc... what could he show them. So If DT sent AC to go find sister at the OPAA park and he did and they fought (hand / feet / teeth) too. Then she runs away to get home fast and DT is driving around in Car looking or going home to check in with Home ..gets picked up by DT on route. As for where she worked that day OP or JAX I still think OP it make more sense due to the lunch. Another poster already said they use both offices because she had been to the one in OP and you can be a receptionist from either location and forward the phones. Plus we dont know if DT transferd closer to home or the DDS was out that day playing golf or on vacation either. We just dont know on that Day where she was for sure. I feel if they did not clear her there is a good reason. DT does not seem to me to be the kind of mother who would cover for AC either... it clear she is all about herself.

Kmart 73

Those are my thoughts on DT exactly... and I would hate to be in her shoes..... my problem from out here, is she doesnt appear to be learning from this... my concern is for the other kids

Sad, I understand your concern for the other kids and I hope she has learned something from this tragedy ! :(

I agree with the poster who said it was an adult party. Yikes - at least I sure hope it was an adult party! Seriously, though, consenting adults have the right to engage in behaviors & activities (within the law, that is) behind closed doors, that might be distasteful or vulgar to others, as long as no one gets hurt, IMO.

The problem with those pics is that while they were taken behind closed doors, they were displayed on a public space that ANYONE could have viewed (minors included), until the profile was finally set to private. IMO - that's not behind closed doors. And HOW LONG were they out there for all the world to see, including possibly DT's own children?

It's not the behavior at the party that raises red flags for me necessarily. It's the parading of that behavior in an irresponsible manner that gives me pause.

If an adult wouldn't engage in sexual or pseudo-sexual behavior in view of their children, why would they post photos of that same behavior in a place where their kids might see it. Or did that thought just simply never cross her mind?

ETA: What if her employer had seen them? What if the other kids at school had seen them? Etc...

I've never considered myself a prude at all, but I think some of her poses and the guy's costume are just gross. Well actually it goes beyond gross, it's really crude. I'm known for having a pretty off the wall sense of humor, but I don't think it's one bit funny.:sick:

I agree with the poster who said it was an adult party. Yikes - at least I sure hope it was an adult party! Seriously, though, consenting adults have the right to engage in behaviors & activities (within the law, that is) behind closed doors, that might be distasteful or vulgar to others, as long as no one gets hurt, IMO.

The problem with those pics is that while they were taken behind closed doors, they were displayed on a public space that ANYONE could have viewed (minors included), until the profile was finally set to private. IMO - that's not behind closed doors. And HOW LONG were they out there for all the world to see, including possibly DT's own children?
It's not the behavior at the party that raises red flags for me necessarily. It's the parading of that behavior in an irresponsible manner that gives me pause.

If an adult wouldn't engage in sexual or pseudo-sexual behavior in view of their children, why would they post photos of that same behavior in a place where their kids might see it. Or did that thought just simply never cross her mind?

ETA: What if her employer had seen them? What if the other kids at school had seen them? Etc...

Not sure if you know this but they are still available for public view on her "friends" ms.....

are you picking up what I'm laying down?

"Since you knew her can I ask what kinds of friendships did she have. Mostly female or male. Did she have alot of friends at the time or no one really. Does she seek attention or more withdrawn type. How about her family is she close to Her Dad , Mom and sister? Last question .. You said you new her when the twins where born. Did you think she took good care of them at the time and was someone else helping her"

DT: attention seeker for sure....equal amounts of male and female friends I suppose. she is close to her family, although a common friend/neighbor of ours stated that dienas parents "coddled' her...which is pretty accurate.

when the twins were born, Sams elderly aunt came to help, and stayed a while, DT treated the woman like shi#, and was sooo rude about her, talking about the way she smells, and how she couldn't wait for her to leave. This is typical DT, she never said anything nice about anyone. Even those of us that were "friendly" toward her, was because we lived nearby, and were hoping that she wouldn't do the same to us...but its her nature to talk about someone the second they turn around.

IMO She isnt such a good person, she is an opportunist, she doesn't make real friendships, she makes aquaintances.

I saw those pictures, yikes, I know after the twins were born she couldn't wait to show every guy at the club her "body' and brag about how she has five kids, and had just given birth to twins.

I still don't think she is guilty of anything other than having a not so squeaky image, and being a half a$$ mom, I don't know, people change if drugs are playing a factor in this, but I really can't comment on that because i don't know if it is a current issue with her.

Thank you, I biggest suprise here is dienas parents "coddled' her...which is pretty accurate

Why have they not been in the media supporting their daughter at all. Even Cindy and George who also coddled cassy tried in vain to cast Casay as a good mother and say she could not have down this to her child. DT's coddling parents are smart not to stick there neck out right now. It's one thing to Coddle and spoil your child but not to do so now is very telling

DT does not seem to me to be the kind of mother who would cover for AC either... it clear she is all about herself.

sbm

After hearing your reasoning, (and I agree with your observation that DT seems to be completely self-absorbed), I'm leaning more & more towards one suspect & away from the other.

She doesn't seem like the type of person who would risk her own neck for anyone - not even her own child.

Thx for the insight.

Ok, please can anyone help me firgure out who the guy was at the funeral? He gave me the creeps so bad... remember the "tight wrangler jeans guy"? Maybe his name was not CHris, but he knew of him (cp) and just said that.. do you think LE would tell me if I called about him?.. ST said he called and not to worry about him.. but it wont leave me alone.. and ST has more faith in their truths (because he just has to) than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member