FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that is a discussion that the funeral home would have with the parents, not LE. The story is not posted any more (as so many aren't), that stated specifically that LE had "requested" that the casket be closed to viewing. But, I also saw where "suggested" was used in other stories as well.

The sheriff's interest would be from a LE standpoint, not the sensibilities of the family. However, it is a way of keeping COD and other info tight with reason, without raising the eyebrows of many. It still raises mine though.

Respectfully BBM

True, good points, but I have noticed LE has seemed to offer up other "untraditional" advice in this case. Was it not the sheriff who recommended that mom hire an attorney? Seem like maybe, since it is a smaller, closer knit community that LE may be making suggestions here and there to family in the interest of being helpful rather than in their "official cappacity".

:angel:I tried to be nice, honest I did! :innocent:

BBM

I dont know if I was "nice" but I begged... and whined.. and pleaded to Nancy's sense of honor in her advocacy of victims rights. Lets see what happens... WTH is up with the Balloon Boy still being a headline? The whole world has gone mad I tell ya... MAD!!:furious:

I wonder if the media keeps running into LE roadblocks and that's why there is nothing being reported.

After all, if the ones with the information are keeping it all to themselves, that doesn't make for much a story.

:angel:I tried to be nice, honest I did! :innocent:

BBM

Q/T... That "crazy" law should be everywhere... and there should also be a crazy law preventing the use of sheets as curtains!!!!!!

Hey sleuths, betcha can't guess whose MS page is now private.

hmmmm, now who could it be? LOL that was quick, almost as if there were a fly on the wall.

Emails out to Larry King. One to home, one to CNN. And a comment on his page at CNN.

A few of my posts from late night where removed from the board. The post said nothing important other then I needed some help cause I found somthing interesesting. Why and who would remove my post with out saying anything?

The mods, if they were the posts that said "I sent you a PM" or can someone pm me. Or "I have something I can't put on the board..." (I've been guilty of that one.)
It's in TOS and on stickies.

Respectfully BBM

True, good points, but I have noticed LE has seemed to offer up other "untraditional" advice in this case. Was it not the sheriff who recommended that mom hire an attorney? Seem like maybe, since it is a smaller, closer knit community that LE may be making suggestions here and there to family in the interest of being helpful rather than in their "official cappacity".

Hi TLC,
Now that you mention it, that is another avenue worth pursuing. Do we know for a fact that the sheriff recommended this particular lawyer? Or just that she get some legal advice. hint, hint.

Anybody know offhand? I seem to recall a post saying it seemed to be a conflict of interest issue to them. I don't remember the whole thing of how it came about myself.

A few of my posts from late night where removed from the board. The post said nothing important other then I needed some help cause I found somthing interesesting. Why and who would remove my post with out saying anything?

Were they about the garbage man? I saw people telling you "good sleuthing" finding that, but then I couldn't find your original post. I've been searching for it for the last half hour.

sheesh

Were they about the garbage man? I saw people telling you "good sleuthing" finding that, but then I couldn't find your original post. I've been searching for it for the last half hour.

sheesh
No I did not post it cause i didn't want cause a big frenzy

I found enough to see the connection. The garbage man and the RSO are indeed the same guy.

Terrible time to start a new thread. I think it got lost in the shuffle.

Even if it means nothing, it was a good find on your part.

I'm going to type something here that will probably not be well received, but I have to get it off my fingertips. I think back to all the horrible tragedies like Samantha Runyon, Jessica Lunsford, Polly Klass, Sandra Cantu... these innocent children were killed through no fault of their own or their parents. Why must we pick apart Diena's past & current friends/lifestyle? Because the Sheriff makes a statement that no one has been cleared except for him? We discuss her lack of tears, etc... we talk about how she let the kids walk home from school... we talk about her quitting her job... we talk about all of the money she's receiving from fundraisers... we talk about everything she's doing that is wrong. Have we talked about anything she's done right? She obviously loves her children, otherwise she wouldn't have been working to support them. She would be receiving assistance from the state in the form of welfare, or she could have relinquished her parental rights & given the kids to ST and let him raise them, but she didn't. I'm sure she did the best she could with what she had. So what if it's her parent's home... isn't that what family is for? To help one another? So she has/had a live in boyfriend; that seems to be the norm this day and age. Until there is evidence that someone in her circle of friends is responsible for the death of Somer, I think we're spinning our wheels and getting nowhere. When I lost a family member not too long ago who was in my immediate family, I could not cry. I was so devestated by the loss but could not cry-I was in shock & denial. I too wondered if I had told this person I loved them and to this day carry guilt because I didn't let them know how much they meant to me & spent time with them when I could have. That's just the way it is; life and living got in the way. Family flew in for the funeral - family I had not seen for years. They did everything within their power to try and ease my sorrow and yes, there were times I laughed and felt guilty for doing so. How could I laugh when I just lost one of the most important people in my life? But I did... thank goodness I wasn't in the public spotlight during this period in my life, because I know I would have been portrayed as a horrible person - which I'm not. It's just me and how I handled the loss of my beloved. If you were to sleuth me and my past, well let's just say a lot of people in my life today would be shocked... I was young & stupid. I am older and wiser now and feel my past has helped to shape me into the person I am today...a productive citizen, with a family and a profession. Now that I've opened up that wound in my heart again from the loss of my loved one, I think I'll do some house cleaning to clear my tears and my head, while I ask forgiveness from the Man upstairs for bashing Diena during the lowest point in her life.

Just made some changes to this post and found answers to some discussion from last night so I thought I'd drop this onto the second page.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4502950&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 25[/ame]

I think it said u sent a p.. uh.. u know.. m?::croc:

Personally, the sheriff says no one has been cleared but himself. And who do I automatically want to sleuth the carp out of? The sheriff of course.

This is the lst time I have seen a breakdown of the $64,000 reward

A number of different organizations have contributed to the reward fund. The Justice Coalition Justice for Somer award has been increased to $48,000 and the Allied Veterans of the World, Inc. and Affiliates contributed $25,000 towards the fund. Molly Hatchett raised more than $8,500 through a benefit concert and other funds have been contributed through individuals. Between the Justice Coalition Justice for Somer fund and Crime Stoppers, the fund currently totals a reward of $64,000. http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=1167

Hi TLC,
Now that you mention it, that is another avenue worth pursuing. Do we know for a fact that the sheriff recommended this particular lawyer? Or just that she get some legal advice. hint, hint.

Anybody know offhand? I seem to recall a post saying it seemed to be a conflict of interest issue to them. I don't remember the whole thing of how it came about myself.

I do not. This was all covered threads and threads ago but if I recall correctly, I do not think it was suggested that LE recommended THIS particular attorney but rather recommended hiring an attorney to represent the family's interests insomuchas fielding calls from media, managing monetary donations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member