FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: this quote is Noway's quote, not mine. I had to bring it over from the other thread cause I posted not knowing we moved over here. It didn't quote correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noway
~snipped from firstcoastnews~

Just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday, crews brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshal's Office to dig on various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials.

At this point they had found Somer. Was it really necessary to bring in this equipment this late at night and start digging? What wouldn't still be there in the morning?

Aaahhhh I am almost caught up, 4 pages to go, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Did the media assume it was for digging or did LE release a statement they were digging. The media gets so much incorrect. I saw that claw type of equipment there that could be used to moved dirt or to pick up things. I noticed it putting things back into a dumpster. It was on some media coverage

How hard is the ground in the Jacksonville area? I know when I lived in South Florida the hard limestone soil made it extremely difficult just to grab a shovel and dig far enough down to bury something.

As for info on Kyle that a reporter talked to, I think a poster here got in touch with the reporter, that reportedly called Kyle, to verify that Kyle did exist. IIRC the reporter responded back to the poster about Kyle but the poster was reluctant to reveal anything about Kyle here. This was early on, I'll have to go back and try to find the info cause all of this is just from my memory right now.

Chee... and everyone else.. I feel the same way and thank you for your gutsy, heartfelt post. Last night I didnt think of Somer as much as I thought of what all this has been like for DT and what would happen to me or my daughters in the same place. There are reasons for her choices and she has to live with them, its not my place to judge. I sure wouldnt want to be Ive been young and really stupid. I am older and should be wise enough to remember what it was like to be young. (I still say it goes beyond stupid to post pics on public fb like that.. dang, just hide em in a drawer) My heart does not think she had anything to do with Somers death. The person that did this is the monster. ST does not slam DT and this is his fight way more than ours. I should respect the respect he has for DT because she is the mother of his children. NO matter how defensive I might be because of his treatment as a father (IMO). He also told me that he believes he had the children at the time of those pics. I dont know his exact time frame, but he thinks it when she first moved to Jax..and the kids were with him. Hes not positive, so of course, neither am I. My heart is broken for everyone, every member of the Thompson Family, which includes them all. Im disapointed in myself for voicing out loud things I should have kept to myself. Sometimes I forget that I am not sitting in my living room with my close knit friends, because most of you are so caring and it feels like u have been my friends thru this... but the reality is it seems the whole world is listening to us. (ugh) Truly my opinions are not that important... finding somers killer is. Thanks Chee for posting...

Just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday, crews brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshal's Office to dig on various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials.

Source

I'm not sure whether this is the officials actually saying it or whether the media go it mixed up.

We were wondering if any of the locals actually saw digging taking place.

How hard is the ground in the Jacksonville area? I know when I lived in South Florida the hard limestone soil made it extremely difficult just to grab a shovel and dig far enough down to bury something.

If there arent any tree roots around its not so bad, not like NC clay anyway..But it would be work to dig deep at least for me.

As for info on Kyle that a reporter talked to, I think a poster here got in touch with the reporter, that reportedly called Kyle, to verify that Kyle did exist. IIRC the reporter responded back to the poster about Kyle but the poster was reluctant to reveal anything about Kyle here. This was early on, I'll have to go back and try to find the info cause all of this is just from my memory right now.

That is right. MammaD researched the existence of Kyle. She cannot share info because he is not a suspect named by LE.

Would he not have been one of the RSOs investigated by LE? He lived within a 5 mile radius of Somer's home at both addresses (Allen and Kingsley).

While I agree that the garbage man and the RSO look like the same person and iMO are, I don't know if I can make the jump and connect him as Somer's killer.

Chee... and everyone else.. I feel the same way and thank you for your gutsy, heartfelt post. Last night I didnt think of Somer as much as I thought of what all this has been like for DT and what would happen to me or my daughters in the same place. There are reasons for her choices and she has to live with them, its not my place to judge. I sure wouldnt want to be Ive been young and really stupid. I am older and should be wise enough to remember what it was like to be young. (I still say it goes beyond stupid to post pics on public fb like that.. dang, just hide em in a drawer) My heart does not think she had anything to do with Somers death. The person that did this is the monster. ST does not slam DT and this is his fight way more than ours. I should respect the respect he has for DT because she is the mother of his children. NO matter how defensive I might be because of his treatment as a father (IMO). He also told me that he believes he had the children at the time of those pics. I dont know his exact time frame, but he thinks it when she first moved to Jax..and the kids were with him. Hes not positive, so of course, neither am I. My heart is broken for everyone, every member of the Thompson Family, which includes them all. Im disapointed in myself for voicing out loud things I should have kept to myself. Sometimes I forget that I am not sitting in my living room with my close knit friends, because most of you are so caring and it feels like u have been my friends thru this... but the reality is it seems the whole world is listening to us. (ugh) Truly my opinions are not that important... finding somers killer is. Thanks Chee for posting...

I have noticed that you judge other posters though. I have seen several times you say, "MOST of you are so caring". We are ALL caring, or else we wouldn't be here. My caring is about a child's death, number one, and her siblings, number two, who have my deepest sympathy, and three, other family members who suffered her loss. Everyone here cares and wants justice, of that much I, am certain.

Well if it's not him then someone set this guy up

Are you making that connection because she was found in the garbage?

ETA: added quote ... decided not to be so darn lazy

I'm going to type something here that will probably not be well received, but I have to get it off my fingertips. I think back to all the horrible tragedies like Samantha Runyon, Jessica Lunsford, Polly Klass, Sandra Cantu... these innocent children were killed through no fault of their own or their parents. Why must we pick apart Diena's past & current friends/lifestyle? Because the Sheriff makes a statement that no one has been cleared except for him? We discuss her lack of tears, etc... we talk about how she let the kids walk home from school... we talk about her quitting her job... we talk about all of the money she's receiving from fundraisers... we talk about everything she's doing that is wrong. Have we talked about anything she's done right? She obviously loves her children, otherwise she wouldn't have been working to support them. She would be receiving assistance from the state in the form of welfare, or she could have relinquished her parental rights & given the kids to ST and let him raise them, but she didn't. I'm sure she did the best she could with what she had. So what if it's her parent's home... isn't that what family is for? To help one another? So she has/had a live in boyfriend; that seems to be the norm this day and age. Until there is evidence that someone in her circle of friends is responsible for the death of Somer, I think we're spinning our wheels and getting nowhere. When I lost a family member not to long ago who was in my immediate family, I could not cry. I was so devestated by the loss but could not cry-I was in shock & denial. I too wondered if I had told this person I loved them and to this day carry guilt because I didn't let them know how much they meant to me & spent time with them when I could have. That's just the way it is; life and living got in the way. Family flew in for the funeral - family I had not seen for years. They did everything within their power to try and ease my sorrow and yes, there were times I laughed and felt guilty for doing so. How could I laugh when I just lost one of the most important people in my life? But I did... thank goodness I wasn't in the public spotlight during this period in my life, because I know I would have been portrayed as a horrible person - which I'm not. It's just me and how I handled the loss of my beloved. If you were to sleuth me and my past, well let's just say a lot of people in my life today would be shocked... I was young & stupid. I am older and wiser now and feel my past has helped to shape me into the person I am today...a productive citizen, with a family and a profession. Now that I've opened up that wound in my heart again from the loss of my loved one, I think I'll do some house cleaning to clear my tears and my head, while I ask forgiveness from the Man upstairs for bashing Diena during the lowest point in her life.

This was the main reason I stopped coming checking her for the most part. Seemed more people wanted to sit and make an opinion on someone based on maybe an hour of video, some funeral pictures and a myspace page instead of focusing on who killed Somer.

Just a news flash for everyone here with all the answers on after school care, and state assistance and how they'd sacrifice to be home with their kids after school:

DT likely made too much to receive either substantial after school care to the point where it'd be affordable. Not to mention the hoops you have to go through in the state to get any kind of benefits is retarded. My son has diabetes and we managed to get him on Florida KidCare.....a year after calling 3 times a day, sending in multiple applications, and going weekly down in person to speak to people. They finally came through about 2 weeks before we would've lost our home trying to cover insulin/supplies ect. If she ran into similiar issues with after school care, where no one returned her phone call, or she was told she wasn't qualified, I could see why she didn't take advantage of it.

My wife and I make around 60k a year. That's paycheck to paycheck nowadays and that's with my student loans sitting in forebearance for the past 3 years. And these are the good times as far as we're concerned.

I remember when our kids were the twin's age. I stayed home and worked nights just to be here for them to go to and from school. I also was there when they'd be crying because they couldn't have a snack after school because we'd run out midweek, or they'd be eating hamburger helper for the 10th time in a row for dinner.

The chances of your kid being snatched while you're working is low enough that I don't blame or criticize parents for doing so.

Her lifestyle isn't directly going out and killing children. Her lifestyle wasn't in a parking lot a mile away from where Somer was taken a week ago trying to lure a child out getting mail into his car. Her lifestyle isn't running around throwing a body into a dumpster. Because her lifestyle isn't going any of that, I could care less about it. I'm all for checking out people that lifestyle brought around her children. I can see that as relevant, but I don't see how DT was dressed at the funeral, or whether she smoked some weed at a party pertains directly to who killed a 7 year old girl.

Are you making that connection because she was found in the garbage?

(responding to ccane and her post that if this AB is not the killer, someone set him up)

and he lived by lighthouse school which SC is the school principal

Unless he was set up by my other suspect who BTW someone said she had looked up the offenders before

This is the lst time I have seen a breakdown of the $64,000 reward

A number of different organizations have contributed to the reward fund. The Justice Coalition Justice for Somer award has been increased to $48,000 and the Allied Veterans of the World, Inc. and Affiliates contributed $25,000 towards the fund. Molly Hatchett raised more than $8,500 through a benefit concert and other funds have been contributed through individuals. Between the Justice Coalition Justice for Somer fund and Crime Stoppers, the fund currently totals a reward of $64,000. http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=1167
There was first a benefit organized. Do I recall correctly that that money went strictly to the family and not to the reward, or should that have been included w/this total amount?

I think all of us struggle to one degree or another with trying to maintain a balance between leaving no stone unturned and being a lynch mob. I have not been at WS long but have found that just like anywhere else, some folks are more judgemental, some folks are not. Some folks are sharper in their criticisms, some are not. Everyone has their own moral code/structure, everyone has their own voice/tone, etc. The only constant is that the mods are excellent in reigning things in when members get too ugly, off topic or just plain hateful. Fortunately that doesn't happen often, but when it does, I have noticed it is addressed promptly.

I have said it on other threads/cases and I will say it again. I am of the "judge not lest ye be judged" persuasion when it comes to victims parents behaviors. I hope I never know what it is to walk a mile in their shoes. BUT, I value every post, whether I agree with it or not. Thank you for all your different tones, takes, thoughts, judgements and concerns whether they are mine or not as they make me think. Anything that makes me think is valuable IMOHO.

and he lived by lighthouse school which SC is the school principal

Unless he was set up by my other suspect who BTW someone said she had looked up the offenders before

I don't know what the connection to SC being on the MPR is. Just be careful (everyone, not just ccane) what you post since AB is an innocent in this case (as in not named suspect by LE).

I know my family and personal history would raise eyebrows (to say it nicely) if one of my children were kidnapped/murdered. I try to remember that when talking about Diena and her family.

That is right. MammaD researched the existence of Kyle. She cannot share info because he is not a suspect named by LE.

Thank you. I was looking and found a reference to it in thread 12 but couldn't find the conversation.

I guess what confused me then as well as now is no one has been named a suspect by LE and we are sleuthing people, albeit in code most of the time.

How does this differ. Here is someone who says he is the last to see her (not sure I believe this), who is at a potential crime scene on the day and time Somer goes missing.
I think he should be super sleuthed.
And I am guessing LE has.

We've sleuthed many people by now and LE hasn't declared anyone a suspect. I guess I am confused by this rule. When it's okay and when it's not.

It seems now LE waits and doesn't declare someone a suspect or POI until right after they arrest someone. We hardly ever get a suspect named prior to an arrest.

So if we shouldn't be sleuthing anyone prior to LE naming them as a suspect, most threads would not be active.

I think we can sleuth them but we have to talk in code with what we share and be careful what is posted, which can get confusing. I think MammaD hadn't found anything that connected him to the murder just had information on him. She didn't want him to not be at all connected to the case (other than witness) and have his private information (even in code) connected to this case. That's what I got from what she told me, but if she stops by, she can clarify.

Also, while Kyle is connected to the case (he came forward and is believed to be the last person to have seen Somer) there is no connection between this AB (garbage man) and Somer so he is not connected to the case.

Is that making sense?

Could a mod please pop in here and address that Q posed by Sharethelight?

ETA: I PMd our mods and asked one of them to address your question.

Would he not have been one of the RSOs investigated by LE? He lived within a 5 mile radius of Somer's home at both addresses (Allen and Kingsley).

While I agree that the garbage man and the RSO look like the same person and iMO are, I don't know if I can make the jump and connect him as Somer's killer.

Looks like the same man for sure. Wonder what the details are of his arrest? Is he a BAD guy, or a really really bad guy? Im disgusted even sayin it,, but you know what level of scum is this person? Maybe we need to come up with a rating system. Like...1.. He is a predator. 2.. His offense was sexually molesting, hurting children under 10.. 3.. His offense was sexually molesting/hurting children over 10. 4... Plays with himself in public or around kids. 5. Romeo and Juliet.. non consenual. 6. Romeo and Juliet consensual..

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member