Found Deceased FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

Is there an Alcoholics Anonymous in th US? We have in the UK and its a 12 step programme which is based on God? This could be why she has recently became religious?? I also don't know how much you guys had a lockdown but mental health in the UK is now a bigger issue than even before. Perhaps she was attending meetings but could no longer because of Covid and she had a relapse? I still think she was getting on the straight and narrow from her recent FB posts but JMO

AA has a large presence in the US, with meetings places in most cities, sometimes several.

Is there an Alcoholics Anonymous in th US? We have in the UK and its a 12 step programme which is based on God? This could be why she has recently became religious?? I also don't know how much you guys had a lockdown but mental health in the UK is now a bigger issue than even before. Perhaps she was attending meetings but could no longer because of Covid and she had a relapse? I still think she was getting on the straight and narrow from her recent FB posts but JMO

We do have AA here in the US. Good thought!

MOO

Does anyone know when her husband reported her missing? I know it all may seem like she was an alcoholic and perhaps she was, alcoholism can make people more depressed but even then when you have kids and responsibilities - it takes a severly depressed person with no hope to do the unthinkable. IMO I don't think she did, is that definitely her on the CCTV buying her vodka? Even if she did if you were suicidal would you also buy tonic? All JMO

Does anyone know when her husband reported her missing? I know it all may seem like she was an alcoholic and perhaps she was, alcoholism can make people more depressed but even then when you have kids and responsibilities - it takes a severly depressed person with no hope to do the unthinkable. IMO I don't think she did, is that definitely her on the CCTV buying her vodka? Even if she did if you were suicidal would you also buy tonic? All JMO
I haven’t seen anything about when she was reported missing.

Does anyone know when her husband reported her missing?
^^rsbm

I haven’t seen anything about when she was reported missing.

SH was reportedly last seen on Friday, Sept 25.

The first media report posted in this thread is dated Tuesday, Sept 29 and it cites: A 50-year-old Belle Isle woman was reported missing by her family earlier this week.

No actual date is given when an official missing person report filed with police.

Cash reward for info on Belle Isle mother of 3 reported missing

Last edited:
Florida mother vanished after buying vodka at Walmart

Oct 7, 2020

Surveillance video released by police Monday night shows Stephanie Hollingsworth inside the Walmart, and police said Tuesday that she purchased a bottle of vodka and a soda.

Police also said they know from the surveillance video that she left the store alone and got into her car alone.

Stephanie Hollingsworth’s husband, Scott Hollingsworth, said his wife has issues with alcohol and he wants the public to know that if she did end up under the influence, it likely left her in a position where she could have been very vulnerable to harm.

ETA: I noticed for the first time that SH actually went to a Walmart Liquor Store. I wasn't aware that Walmart had liquor stores until I saw a report from outside the store.

Last edited:
Stephanie Hollingsworth Search Reward Jumps to $10,000

Oct 9, 2020

ejfdppxxsaikpmd_jpgjpg

Her family set up a command post for volunteer searchers in the parking lot of the Walmart.

Belle Isle Police Chief Laura Houston on Friday announced a contribution from her family boosted the previous reward of $5,000 to $10,000.

"The family of Stephanie Hollingsworth has enhanced the Crimeline reward," Houston said in a statement. "It is now $10,000 for information which leads to locating the missing mother."

Houston said her family is asking for volunteers to help search for her this weekend. Searchers are asked to arrive at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at the command post in the parking lot of Walmart at 5991 Goldenrod Road.

That was Jennifer Hutson in Oregon - such a sad sad case. Stephanie's situation immediately reminded me of Jennifer. :(

Yes. Such a beyond sad story.

A lot for me to catch up on here. But still I dont feel the husband is involved. My hunch has always been right on husbands in past missing cases for some reason. I'm just not feeling it here. I think police have more information on the 'mental issues' than we have here. I think a lot more is known than has been made public, and so they don't suspect foul play. I feel so badly for her children. I hope she is found unharmed but I'm just not feeling it likely.

Yes. Such a beyond sad story.

A lot for me to catch up on here. But still I dont feel the husband is involved. My hunch has always been right on husbands in past missing cases for some reason. I'm just not feeling it here. I think police have more information on the 'mental issues' than we have here. I think a lot more is known than has been made public, and so they don't suspect foul play. I feel so badly for her children. I hope she is found unharmed but I'm just not feeling it likely.

My first thought was perhaps foul play but now I think it was just a tragic accident/possible suicide, I really hope she is found so the family have some sort of closure. Alcohol is a depressant, perhaps she couldn't get the one to one help and support she desperately needed because of Covid restrictions. JMO

. Well it's hard to know what state of mind someone's in at the time not sure what to think her making drinks for lunch for husband and son and her then being extra nice before leaving he said did she have any drinks before leaving?? I wish she would be safe and come home but it's not looking to promising they have one of the biggest searches I seen hopefully they be an answer soon.

Unfortunately, no news on SH.

However, missing mom Tracey Rieker also missing since 9/30 was found on Saturday (inside her car in a pond in Sarasota County Fl near her home).
I saw that earlier.. So very sad. She had 4 children. I hope this case does not end in the same tragic way but I am afraid it might. Depression is a terrible, terrible disease. I am thinking the stress/worry/isolation, etc of the pandemic has made it harder for people to get in person help.

Traceys xterra was found in a pond today and They are treating it as a traffic homicide?

FL - FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020
—-
If Stephanie was headed to 528/417 they are both toll roads and Narcoose is in the middle of nowhere lots of ponds and water on both sides of the road - I hope they are using drones to check that area
JMO

Wow there are some interesting similarities in these two cases. They both had ramped up the interest in religion recently and both had tattoos on their right index finger.

Where Is Stephanie Hollingsworth? Mom of 3 Has Battled Demons, But Vanishing Is Out of the Norm, Husband Says

Oct 8, 2020

During a phone interview, Scott Hollingsworth, 50, described his wife of 25 years as a loving wife and devoted mother to their three teenage sons, ages 15, 17 and 21, who stayed at home for the last 15 years to raise them.

He said their two youngest were in school the day she disappeared, but said their oldest son was home from college and taking classes remotely. The family didn't have any special plans that day, and he and his son hadn't realized exactly when she left the house, but believe it may have been around 1-1:30 p.m., he said. He said she had her purse and wallet, but had left her cell phone behind.

"It wasn't unlike her to be running around leaving her phone behind," he said.

Hollingsworth pointed out that that it was uncharacteristic for his wife to be away for such a long period of time without any contact with anyone.

“Stephanie has never gone away. She was home every night. She would never want to be away from her family; that is why I feel something happened beyond her control at a vulnerable moment. I feel she is in danger,” he said.

Stephanie is very active in the women’s ministry and many of the young girls looked up to her, Hollingsworth said, describing her as a person with “all heart” that people were just drawn too.

"Stephanie has an amazing glow about her," he said. "Everyone was magnetized by her. She was always so positive and gave everything she had to everyone."

Stephanie has battled alcohol addiction most of her life, and over the last few months, but her drinking seemed to escalate recently, he said.

“Stephanie has had a lifetime dealing with anxieties and depression, just dealing with life and using alcohol as a way to escape. She gave everything she had to everyone, but she had internal battles that were real,” he said. “I want to make this public and make people understand that it is so hard to get people to talk about this, since many feel it is taboo. The video shows she did buy some alcohol and I have no idea why she did that and I want people to just stay focused on finding her.”

"She always carried so much guilt and shame about this but everyday when she woke up, it was a new start and I never carried anything into the next day," he said.

ETA: I don't believe mental health issues or alcoholism discriminate, and every person is vulnerable. I don't find it taboo and we know from experience information is important when trying to locate a missing person. That said, I think the husband has a growing need to almost overshare personal details about SH. I think he may benefit from some personal counseling and support during this stressful time, and it might be appropriate for him to appoint a spokesperson at this time, for his own mental health. MOO

I don't know if anyone caught this but the latest from her husband was that she made it as far as Lake Nona High School on Narcoosee but that they were waiting for more video.

Search continues for missing Belle Isle mom as new information on her vehicle emerges

It had been mentioned before that south Narcoosee is more wide-open, and it definitely is, especially once you get past the Lake Nona area. Depending on which direction she possibly went from there, there are some large WMAs that you can drive into. Bull Creek and Triple N are big for hunters and hikers (I go hiking there every now and then), there are lots of isolated roads back in there, but that's provided she even intended to go there in the first place. Each has an "official" entrance, but they don't have rangers or staff to check in with. Bull Creek has a campground/RV park at the entrance where people are kind of milling around, but that's it. Both places aren't really somewhere you 'stumble into' though, you have to know you're going there.

Split Oak is another possibility, but IIRC you don't drive back into it, there are just trailheads to park at.

Provided she made it to 192, from there on south/east there's just vast stretches of open land. It's also the back way to the east-coast beaches, but if she reached there, you think there'd be some activity or witnesses.

But who knows. Maybe she went to Lake Toho and something happened. You'd think someone would have seen something, but it's a big lake with several public access points.

I don't know if anyone caught this but the latest from her husband was that she made it as far as Lake Nona High School on Narcoosee but that they were waiting for more video.

Search continues for missing Belle Isle mom as new information on her vehicle emerges

It had been mentioned before that south Narcoosee is more wide-open, and it definitely is, especially once you get past the Lake Nona area. Depending on which direction she possibly went from there, there are some large WMAs that you can drive into. Bull Creek and Triple N are big for hunters and hikers (I go hiking there every now and then), there are lots of isolated roads back in there, but that's provided she even intended to go there in the first place. Each has an "official" entrance, but they don't have rangers or staff to check in with. Bull Creek has a campground/RV park at the entrance where people are kind of milling around, but that's it. Both places aren't really somewhere you 'stumble into' though, you have to know you're going there.

Split Oak is another possibility, but IIRC you don't drive back into it, there are just trailheads to park at.

Provided she made it to 192, from there on south/east there's just vast stretches of open land. It's also the back way to the east-coast beaches, but if she reached there, you think there'd be some activity or witnesses.

But who knows. Maybe she went to Lake Toho and something happened. You'd think someone would have seen something, but it's a big lake with several public access points.

From the link:

Her loved ones said that they got a tip about her champagne-colored Chevy Tahoe. They said the vehicle was spotted on Narcoosee Road, heading toward the S.R. 417 and S.R. 528 area.

[..]

He added that "we only feel like we have enough to say that the truck made it to Lake Nona High School. From there, we're not sure yet but they're working a lot of leads, we're just trying to get video."

Would there really be no traffic cameras between Walmart and the SR 417 and SR 528 areas to Lake Nona HS?

After two weeks, I'm feeling cautious about this new tip. MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz