Found Deceased FL - Suzanne Carlson, 35, Jacksonville Beach, 28 Dec 2017

Hi Boots. Nice to "see" you. After hearing about the cancelled wedding I'm thinking this won't involve foul play. moo

That makes sense to me. Her purse is not at the home and I feel she has it with her.

Live report: WJXT -- detectives entered her home about 20 minutes ago. Still inside...not sure what they're looking for.

Tweets with her name in the tweet are being deleted. Did they find her? Anybody else have the twitters with her name in in the tweet being deleted? Weird!

Tweets with her name in the tweet are being deleted. Did they find her? Anybody else have the twitters with her name in in the tweet being deleted? Weird!

I'm still seeing the ones from WJXT and Destiny.

I'm still seeing the ones from WJXT and Destiny.

Body found (UID)[emoji20]: https://www.news4jax.com/news/jacksonville-beach-beach-focus-search-for-missing-woman

Officers found the body of a woman in the intercostal waterway near J Turner Butler Boulevard during the search for a missing Jacksonville Beach woman, Saturday evening.

The latest focus of the search for Suzanne Carlson, 35, was inside the gated Sanctuary neighborhood along the Intracoastal Waterway just north of J. Turner Butler Boulevard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A body of a white female was found in the marsh of the Intracoastal Waterway near J. Turner Butler Boulevard, according to Jax Beach Police.

The body was found by officers searching for a missing white female in the area. The recovered body has been transported to the Duval County Medical Examiner's Office for positive identification and cause of death.

Police were searching for 35-year-old Suzannne Marie Carlson as a white female, 5 feet, 2 inches tall and 100 pounds.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/jax-beach-police-searching-for-missing-woman/503372106

Sounds likely to be her. :(

This seems to be a key detail:
“Her phone was turned off and the last ping from the phone was at 5:04 a.m. Thursday within 25 meters of Sanctuary Way South.”
Sounds like someone else with her phone who realized they should turn it off, or that it died at that time. Either way, if that happened within about 2 hours of her going missing, but 25 meters from Sanctuary Way South, that sounds like it could be someone else holding her phone.

“Her phone was turned off and the last ping from the phone was at 5:04 a.m. Thursday within 25 meters of Sanctuary Way South.”
Sounds like someone else with her phone who realized they should turn it off, or that it died at that time. Either way, if that happened within about 2 hours of her going missing, but 25 meters from Sanctuary Way South, that sounds like it could be someone else holding her phone.

Is this NOT near where she was found? I am unfamiliar with the area.

Why do you think someone else was involved?

Why do you think someone else was involved?

The phone’s last ping was received 25 meters from the street where she was last seen, on Sanctuary Way S, 2 hours after she went missing. The body that was found (if it’s hers) is a couple miles west of her street, in the Intracoastal Waterway off JTB.

It doesn’t sound to me like the phone has been located; detectives have only said that the phone was off and when its last ping was. Maybe her phone was dropped 25 yards from that street, and then died 2 hours after she went missing, or if someone else had her purse and phone, maybe that person turned off her phone at that time, while walking back from the marsh. Just trying to think of all possibilities.

Will there be toxicology reports released? I would be interested if she had consumed alcohol (and please don't think I'm judging), or other drugs in her system. The fact that she ended up in a marsh is haunting. Thinking about Shannon Gilbert (LISK) and her "death."

The "thing" that is bothering me is the fact that at 3:15 a.m. (Thursday morning), she knocked on a neighbor's door. Cops show up 6 minutes later. Suzanne is gone and cannot be located. (Why wouldn't LE go looking for this "neighbor's house"???? after a very good description of a young woman in distress?????)

Her fiance arrives home at 7:30 p.m. sixteen hours later, (still Thursday) and reports her missing. The shower was running and both screen doors were unlocked. Her car was still there, but her purse was gone and cellphone shut off.

Of note, she had only lived in the neighborhood a few months (since October maybe) and her fiance' had canceled their wedding earlier this month. Boyfriend says he did speak with Suzanne on Wednesday night.

http://jacksonville.com/news/public...ville-beach-police-searching-missing-woman-35

Yes, News4Jax said that she had missed work a couple of days and that is one of the reasons for the well check. I believe it was on the 10pm news last night.

The officer's report says that "she doesn't work". It's the last sentence in the image of the report below. So maybe she had a job and lost it recently? I'm not sure. Also, why does this woman have no presence anywhere? Every report I've read only quotes the fiance and neighbors and the neighbors are the ones being quoted for things they'd normally quote a family member saying.

"I pray it's not her," one neighbor said Saturday night. "I hate they found something.I really pray it's not her."

Just thought that was a bit odd. The thing that stands out the most about this is that everyone says the erratic behavior is nothing like her. So first question is, do they believe she would be knocking on their doors at 3 a.m for no reason? second question... why'd they call the police so quickly before trying to figure out what she was talking about.. and last.. what did she say exactly she couldn't have been speaking gibberish.. even if the sentences weren't coherent or didn't make sense at the time maybe they would later on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSQAYgyVwAANjbi.jpg
    DSQAYgyVwAANjbi.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 406
The officer's report says that "she doesn't work". It's the last sentence in the image of the report below. So maybe she had a job and lost it recently? I'm not sure. Also, why does this woman have no presence anywhere? Every report I've read only quotes the fiance and neighbors and the neighbors are the ones being quoted for things they'd normally quote a family member saying.

Just thought that was a bit odd. The thing that stands out the most about this is that everyone says the erratic behavior is nothing like her. So first question is, do they believe she would be knocking on their doors at 3 a.m for no reason? second question... why'd they call the police so quickly before trying to figure out what she was talking about.. and last.. what did she say exactly she couldn't have been speaking gibberish.. even if the sentences weren't coherent or didn't make sense at the time maybe they would later on.

attachment.php
I wonder if she frightened the neighbors. I mean, it was 3 in the morning and things like that are always scarier when it happens in the dark.
I probably would have called the police also. I don't think (unless I knew her well) that I would let her inside.

I don't understand, however, why Police didn't check her home at the time they made the first check. Surely someone knew where she lived. It was reported the garage door had been left open. That in itself is strange.

Also, the running shower is a mystery. When she went door to door, she was dressed.

In one of my posts upthread I linked the press conferences with the Chief. He said she was unemployed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Will there be toxicology reports released? I would be interested if she had consumed alcohol (and please don't think I'm judging), or other drugs in her system. The fact that she ended up in a marsh is haunting. Thinking about Shannon Gilbert (LISK) and her "death."

The "thing" that is bothering me is the fact that at 3:15 a.m. (Thursday morning), she knocked on a neighbor's door. Cops show up 6 minutes later. Suzanne is gone and cannot be located. (Why wouldn't LE go looking for this "neighbor's house"???? after a very good description of a young woman in distress?????)

Her fiance arrives home at 7:30 p.m. sixteen hours later, (still Thursday) and reports her missing. The shower was running and both screen doors were unlocked. Her car was still there, but her purse was gone and cellphone shut off.

Of note, she had only lived in the neighborhood a few months (since October maybe) and her fiance' had canceled their wedding earlier this month. Boyfriend says he did speak with Suzanne on Wednesday night.

http://jacksonville.com/news/public...ville-beach-police-searching-missing-woman-35

bbm As I understood it she knocked at several neighbors' houses but couldn't express herself in a way that they understood her but were concerned enough to call police, probably assuming something had happened. I assume LE talked to all the neighbours when they arrived.

Given the fact that her fiance had cancelled the wedding suicide seems likely BUT why would she knock on doors if she wanted to kill herself? That doesn't make sense. It looks more like she was hoping for help but again, then why did she run off and didn't wait for help? A mental breakdown? Couldn't stay still, had to move?

I was once very very scared and was not able to talk in a way that others could understand me. I just garbled up all the words, my brain was not functioning normally. So there's a possibility something/someone scared her and she was running around in a panic.

If it's her who they found it might have been an accident given the state she was in. jmo

Edit: Has it been confirmed officially that it is her?

bbm As I understood it she knocked at several neighbors' houses but couldn't express herself in a way that they understood her but were concerned enough to call police, probably assuming something had happened. I assume LE talked to all the neighbours when they arrived.

Given the fact that her fiance had cancelled the wedding suicide seems likely BUT why would she knock on doors if she wanted to kill herself? That doesn't make sense. It looks more like she was hoping for help but again, then why did she run off and didn't wait for help? A mental breakdown? Couldn't stay still, had to move?

I was once very very scared and was not able to talk in a way that others could understand me. I just garbled up all the words, my brain was not functioning normally. So there's a possibility something/someone scared her and she was running around in a panic.

If it's her who they found it might have been an accident given the state she was in. jmo

Edit: Has it been confirmed officially that it is her?

I'm so sorry you experienced such a traumatic event Elainera. It must have been frightening, but very confusing too! I cannot imagine such strong feelings.

I'm not finding anything to confirm the body was Suzanne or not either. I thought her parents were to be coming in from somewhere ??? I don't know. Why so long to ID the body?

It does sound like she might have been suicidal, but then again why run into a marsh 2 miles (give or take?) away from the home?

Maybe the boyfriend broke up with her/canceled the wedding at the first of December and was expecting her to be moved out of his home by the time he came in from the boat, which apparently was Thursday 12/28/2017. Feels like something is wrong.

I think somebody scared her on purpose.

From your link GraceG:

The fiance is the person who reported Carlson missing. Police said the garage and several other doors to the house were standing open and the shower was running.

I understood that to mean the police, when they arrived 6 minutes after being called, did not go to her home. Even if it was the second wellness check within only a few days. Surely they would have investigated if the garage door was up and several doors were described as being open and the shower was running. If that water was running for a long, long time (from 3 a.m. ish until 7:30ish that night) . Being upset at the cancellation of the wedding might have caused her to leave the water running hoping to damage the flooring.

But what was she trying to convey to her neighbors? LE was asking for video, so maybe someone will step up and turn in what they could possibly have on their CCTV. It's eerie, 3 a.m., and it feels like someone could have been pursuing this woman. (LISK ? ) If I was a single woman in that area, I would be deadbolting all my doors.

I'm so sorry you experienced such a traumatic event Elainera. It must have been frightening, but very frustrating too! I cannot imagine such strong feelings.

I'm not finding anything to confirm the body was Suzanne or not either. I thought her parents were to be coming in from ??? I don't know.

It does sound like she might have been suicidal, but then again why run into a marsh 2 miles (give or take?) away from the home?

Maybe the boyfriend broke up with her at the first of December and was expecting her to be moved out of his home by the time he came in from the boat. (Thursday

I think somebody scared her on purpose.

From your link GraceG:

I understood that to mean the police when they arrived 6 minutes after being called did not go to her home. Surely they would have investigated if the garage door was up and several doors were described as being open and the shower was running. If so, that water was running for a long, long time (from 3 a.m. ish until 7:30ish that night). Being upset at the cancellation of the wedding might have led her to leave the water running hoping to damage the flooring.

But what was she trying to convey to her neighbors? LE was asking for video, so maybe someone will step up and turn in what they could possibly have on their CCTV. It's eerie, 3 a.m., and it feels like someone could have been pursuing this woman. (LISK ? )

Thank you Boots! Yes it was frustrating too. Thankfully it didn't last long and I was able to calm down and speak normally, or almost normally, after a few minutes.

Whatever scared Suzanne - if indeed she was scared - must have been much more severe than what happened to me. It looks like she was fleeing from someone/something, whether imagined or real we don't know.

You're right it's very odd that police did not go to her home when they came in the middle of the night. I wonder whether neighbours did not realize it was their neighbour Suzanne who was knocking on their doors but simply called police without opening their doors, saying that a woman is running around the neighbourhood seemingly in need of assistance. So maybe police, when they arrived did not know who was missing, or whether there was indeed a missing person, they looked around the neighbourhood but did not find anyone fitting the description the neighbors gave? And only later in the day when the fiance came home it became apparent that Suzanne was missing and that she had been the one knocking on doors? Just speculation. It makes no sense otherwise, if police had been told who the woman knocking on doors is, that they would not go to her house immediately when they arrived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back