Found Deceased FL - Suzanne Carlson, 35, Jacksonville Beach, 28 Dec 2017

Thank you Boots! Yes it was frustrating too. Thankfully it didn't last long and I was able to calm down and speak normally, or almost normally, after a few minutes.

Whatever scared Suzanne - if indeed she was scared - must have been much more severe than what happened to me. It looks like she was fleeing from someone/something, whether imagined or real we don't know.

You're right it's very odd that police did not go to her home when they came in the middle of the night. I wonder whether neighbours did not realize it was their neighbour Suzanne who was knocking on their doors but simply called police without opening their doors, saying that a woman is running around the neighbourhood seemingly in need of assistance. So maybe police, when they arrived did not know who was missing, or whether there was indeed a missing person, they looked around the neighbourhood but did not find anyone fitting the description the neighbors gave? And only later in the day when the fiance came home it became apparent that Suzanne was missing and that she had been the one knocking on doors? Just speculation. It makes no sense otherwise, if police had been told who the woman knocking on doors is, that they would not go to her house immediately when they arrived.
I can't remember if this has been discussed already. Do we know that the neighbors actually know her? I don't know any of my neighbors , just see them in passing. If one of them knocked on my door, I wouldn't open it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't remember if this has been discussed already. Do we know that the neighbors actually know her? I don't know any of my neighbors , just see them in passing. If one of them knocked on my door, I wouldn't open it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

She had only been living there for 2-3 months, so maybe they didn't know her, or maybe not well enough to recognize her voice.

Thank you Boots! Yes it was frustrating too. Thankfully it didn't last long and I was able to calm down and speak normally, or almost normally, after a few minutes.

Whatever scared Suzanne - if indeed she was scared - must have been much more severe than what happened to me. It looks like she was fleeing from someone/something, whether imagined or real we don't know.

You're right it's very odd that police did not go to her home when they came in the middle of the night. I wonder whether neighbours did not realize it was their neighbour Suzanne who was knocking on their doors but simply called police without opening their doors, saying that a woman is running around the neighbourhood seemingly in need of assistance. So maybe police, when they arrived did not know who was missing, or whether there was indeed a missing person, they looked around the neighbourhood but did not find anyone fitting the description the neighbors gave? And only later in the day when the fiance came home it became apparent that Suzanne was missing and that she had been the one knocking on doors? Just speculation. It makes no sense otherwise, if police had been told who the woman knocking on doors is, that they would not go to her house immediately when they arrived.

Yes, exactly! Thank you! I don't think very many people during these times, in which we live, would open their door at 3 a.m. to a strange lady. I'm thankful someone did call 9-1-1.

I will say Twitter showed some photos of the search and it looked like the Garden of Evil - seriously, like prehistoric.

The home is painted a lovely shade of blue with fancy white gingerbread-looking trim. Her car is dark and sporty! The home was just so perfect-appearing on the outside.

LE did take at least 2 bags from the home that night (Thursday). I hope we get some more answers.

Happy New Year, by the way!:newyear::fireworks2:

I mean no disrespect and am only posting this as a potential for explanation of her behavior, but the description sounds very much like someone who is under the influence of some substances.

IMO

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

A very Happy New Year to you too, Boots! :star: :cupcake: :newyear:

I mean no disrespect and am only posting this as a potential for explanation of her behavior, but the description sounds very much like someone who is under the influence of some substances.

IMO

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I was also thinking this. Maybe she intentionally overdosed but she ended up regretting it and was trying to get help from the neighbors?? I don’t know but the incoherent speech has me thinking drugs.

I was also thinking this. Maybe she intentionally overdosed but she ended up regretting it and was trying to get help from the neighbors?? I don’t know but the incoherent speech has me thinking drugs.

That's definitely plausible. I hadn't thought about that but now that you mention it, it sounds like the most logical guess.

This case is really unnerving! I agree that it sounds like she took something, probably to intentionally harm herself, and the rest is a result of the delusional state it put her in. Initially I thought perhaps a nutria or croc wandered up into her yard or into her house and she freaked out, but knowing more about the recent trouble with her bf leads me to believe this is suicide.

According to this, they have video http://www.ibtimes.com/who-suzanne-carlson-body-found-search-missing-florida-woman-2635336

[FONT=&quot]“There are indicators to us that there could possibly be some issues that she wouldn’t have normally,” said Dooley. “It’s out of her normal behavior and so, I can’t get into the details of it, but we think that there could be some problems here.”[/FONT]

From the same link;
Jacksonville Beach police said offers were called to Carlson’s home in early December for a welfare check after she didn't show up for work for two days after her fiance called off their wedding.

From a different article the wellness check happened around 12/4

Perhaps she lost the job or never went back.

I wonder why it’s taking so long for the body found in the marsh nearby to be identified. They discovered it on Friday night, right? That’s a huge missing piece of information if the body is that of the missing woman or not.

Maybe they aren't telling anything out of respect for the family? I don't know. Seems weird!

Timeline:

October ?: Moves into the boyfriend's home on Sanctuary Way.

?: Starts working at the Pet Store half a mile from the boyfriend's home. Told co-worker she was from "the Midwest."

December 4 (?), 2017 - Welfare check called for Suzanne. (She didn't show up for work 2 days after fiance' called off their wedding).

Tuesday, December 26 - Suzanne spoke to her parents.

Wednesday, December 27 - Boyfriend spoke with Suzanne. He tells the police that he had been out to sea since Christmas.

Thursday, December 28 at 3:15 a.m. - Suzanne is seen both on video and in person going door-to-door ringing doorbells and knocking on doors in her Lake Sanctuary community.

Neighbors did call 9-1-1. Six minutes later police arrive. Police state Carlson was not found at that time.

Thursday, December 28 about 7:30 p.m., Carlson's fiance' called police after returning to shore and finding her gone. Her car was at the home, but her purse was not. Her cell phone was turned off.

Saturday, December 30: The Jacksonville Beach police recovered the as yet unidentified body of a woman Saturday evening while searching for a woman missing since before dawn Thursday.

Officers looking for 35-year-old Suzanne Marie Carlson found the body in the marsh of the Intercoastal Waterway near J. Turner Boulevard in Jacksonville beach.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=jaxdotcom-SND

Any Floridians here know if there is a bridge in the area where the body has been recovered? Thinking if it was suicide maybe she jumped from a bridge.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20180102/ocso-awaiting-autopsy-results-on-body-found

[FONT=&amp]The autopsy results of a body discovered in Jacksonville are expected to be in the hands of investigators on Jan. 3.[/FONT]

That isn't the right Jacksonville -- it is North Carolina, not Florida.

Good catch Jax49. By the way, here is an Unidentified thread for the NC case: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-WhtFemale-Off-Thomas-Humphrey-Rd-31-Dec-2017

Maybe they aren't telling anything out of respect for the family? I don't know. Seems weird!

Timeline:

October ?: Moves into the boyfriend's home on Sanctuary Way.

?: Starts working at the Pet Store half a mile from the boyfriend's home. Told co-worker she was from "the Midwest."

December 4 (?), 2017 - Welfare check called for Suzanne. (She didn't show up for work 2 days after fiance' called off their wedding).

Tuesday, December 26 - Suzanne spoke to her parents.

Wednesday, December 27 - Boyfriend spoke with Suzanne. He tells the police that he had been out to sea since Christmas.

Thursday, December 28 at 3:15 a.m. - Suzanne is seen both on video and in person going door-to-door ringing doorbells and knocking on doors in her Lake Sanctuary community.

Neighbors did call 9-1-1. Six minutes later police arrive. Police state Carlson was not found at that time.

Thursday, December 28 about 7:30 p.m., Carlson's fiance' called police after returning to shore and finding her gone. Her car was at the home, but her purse was not. Her cell phone was turned off.

Saturday, December 30: The Jacksonville Beach police recovered the as yet unidentified body of a woman Saturday evening while searching for a woman missing since before dawn Thursday.

Officers looking for 35-year-old Suzanne Marie Carlson found the body in the marsh of the Intercoastal Waterway near J. Turner Boulevard in Jacksonville beach.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=jaxdotcom-SND

Any Floridians here know if there is a bridge in the area where the body has been recovered? Thinking if it was suicide maybe she jumped from a bridge.

BBM;
I'm not from FL but there is a bridge across the marsh not far from Sanctuary Way. I am unsure though exactly where the body was found.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.258...4!1s5hRmcst9357uzdwQDNaQpg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back